elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US & Canada Tour Dates!!

Go down 
+24
heshofcheese
Mr Woman
My Bury Vest
ChrissyBoy
ticky
mrswoman
Jones
evilpixie
stars112200
Swizzle
hilaryg
citizen
ukkonen
ChrissieInFL
uiop60
TheNinja
bajesus
salparadise
LongLegs
Misspelt Yoof
AyannaD
allyngibson
MagicalTrevor
emma
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 07:30

Have a great time Chrissie - am sure the Church Of Elbow's disciples will return back to their humble abodes, enriched by another life changing service ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 13:20

Chrissie. Have fun in Atlanta, enjoy your 'Great Expectations' moment, and....don't forget the sign! Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 15:01

Thanks, MBV & Mr Woman - I am looking forward to Great Expectations, as always, though they may not play it. And even if they do, I can't imagine that I could possibly enjoy it more than I did when I was over with you lot! I love you

Not sure if I should expect the same set list as the one they've followed so far on this tour. I imagine it'll be pretty much the same, if not exactly. I am quite curious to see how the staging works - my guess is that the catwalk will be absent, since these shows are in smaller venues, so no band cocktail moment out on the platform during Weather To Fly, in that case. That was one of the highlights of the show this time around (for me, anyway), so I shall miss seeing that. It's a lovely scene! Drunk

And Mr Woman, you and Ticky have both reminded me about my sign...I was actually debating whether to bring it along this time! I've pestered poor Craig enough already this year, bless him, so I thought I might give the poor dude a break! Laughing
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 15:44

The venue in DC I'm seeing them in on Thursday is a 1,200 person SRO venue. They won't have a big stage to work with at all. When I saw them two years ago, they could barely get their string section on stage.

I'm really curious about the setlist. They'll have about an hour and a half to work with, so I'm thinking something like the Glastonbury setlist, with "Scattered" at the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 16:00

Hey Allyn! Not too long to go for you - have a GREAT time at the show & let us know how it was! Very Happy

Mr Chrissie & I are at the airport, waiting to board our flight to ATL. I'll report back after the show...man, am I ever excited! Elbow tonight - w00t! cheers
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 17:17

Can't wait to hear your report Chrissie! I'm off to NYC tomorrow, ready for Elbow on Sunday! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 17:32

hope you all have a superb time !
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 18:04

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Hey Allyn! Not too long to go for you - have a GREAT time at the show & let us know how it was! Very Happy
Thursday's going to be awesome. I'm going to spend the morning and afternoon at the Smithsonian, specifically the American History and Art museums. The last couple of times I've been in DC and had the time to visit the Smithsonian properly, American History has been closed.

I'm also going to try to *cough*record*cough* the gig. I have a voice recording app on my phone (I needed it when conducting an interview a few months ago) and it works really well. So, fingers crossed. Smile

Quote :
Mr Chrissie & I are at the airport, waiting to board our flight to ATL. I'll report back after the show...man, am I ever excited! Elbow tonight - w00t! cheers
Have a great time! Smile
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 19:41

Cripes! I've just seen Craig's picture of the Atlanta theatre on Twitter - IT'S TINY!!! I'm now exceedingly jealous!
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 20:19

ticky wrote:
Cripes! I've just seen Craig's picture of the Atlanta theatre on Twitter - IT'S TINY!!! I'm now exceedingly jealous!
And I think that's one of the bigger venues on this North American swing, something like 4,000 seats. I'm seeing them on Thursday in a standing room only venue with a capacity of 1,200.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 20:19

Pretty sure Terminal 5 is bigger than that.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 20:24

Well the hubby & I are just sitting down for a slice of pizza right down the block from the theatre. Our hotel is right here as well, we can see the Center Stage from the driveway of the hotel. Lots of street construction, sidewalks are all torn up - gonna play hell w/my high heels, that's for sure! Laughing venue is nice and intimate, couldn't ask for a better spot for Mr Chrissie to experience Elbow live for the first time!
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 20:38

I was totally wrong about venue capacities on this tour. Sorry!

Atlanta is between 930 and 1,050, depending on if it's all seated or some standing.

The 9:30 Club in DC is 1,200.

Terminal 5 in New York is 3,000.

Paradise Rock Club in Boston is 730.

Sound Academy in Toronto is 900.

The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles is 6,000.

I can't find out how many people are attending the POPPED! Music Festival in Philly. Or the Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 20:42

Wow...no wonder Boston sold out! REALLY wish we were going to that now!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 20:47

OK, an Elbow fan just walked in and started blappity-blappin' about how much he loves the band, etc. etc. Understandable and admirable, but he's sorta acting like he owns Elbow fandom. Needless to say, he does not. Was gonna whip out my phone and show him the pic of me saying hello to Craig, but I'm a better person than that. Sorta. Wink It's his first show, so I hope he'll be properly blown away. I'm thinking he will be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 20:50

Seated & standing here, Allyn. We'll be standing. Duh! rabbit
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 10:56

Short review of Austin City Limits gig here. Pretty positive Thumbs Up!

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2011/09/acl_capsule_reviews_dale_earnh.php
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
sfindie
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 16:03

Apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere, but the Elbow show on OCT 2 here in San Francisco is free.

I can't see why they are playing a festival like this, but they are playing as part of the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival and it's a free, 3-day festival in Golden Gate Park:

www [dot] strictlybluegrass [dot] com

Set times will be posted on their site on SEP 23, but I reckon they'll be playing an afternoon slot, yeah?

--Chris
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 09:24

Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 10:14

Top clip Hesh and nice one Chrissie on getting there and having a blast! Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 20:03

mrswoman wrote:
Top clip Hesh and nice one Chrissie on getting there and having a blast! Very Happy Wink

Thanks mrswoman, it was indeed a blast and a half! I have been crazy busy getting back to real life today, but hope to have some time to give everybody a report on the ATL show tomorrow. In the meantime, hope Allyn and anyone else headed to the show in DC tonight has a great time!

Hesh, thanks for the link! I missed the show last night - we had just arrived from ATL late in the early evening yesterday, and were too wiped out to stay up late. But for anyone who wants to see the performance of Lippy Kids from Fallon's show, it's on Hulu. Link may or may not work outside US, so if not, I apologize to everybody. Also, the Elbow bit is in the last segment of the show, so you'll have to forward on a bit to find it (unless you want to sit through an interview in which Jonah Hill explains why he wants to kick the ass of Matthew Morrison from Glee. Yeah - me neither):

http://www.hulu.com/watch/281203/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-wed-sep-21-2011

EDIT: Oh, FFS...put in the wrong link earlier - my bad, y'all! Embarassed It has now been corrected. Carry on.

Last edited by ChrissieInFL on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 23:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 23:10

The rain held off but the threat of strong winds meant that the big screen and the banner above the stage had to be lowered. Guy, the trooper he is, didn't let a little thing like that stop him from entertaining the crowd.
US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 P1090711
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 23:17

Love it, evilpixie! Now that's a professional! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 02:54

Pictures from Atlanta here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjw8ubbk
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 03:14

allyngibson wrote:
I was totally wrong about venue capacities on this tour. Sorry!

Paradise Rock Club in Boston is 730.

Most places list Paradise in the 730 range, but the venue itself lists capacity at 930. Hmmm.... Either way, it's still a relatively small venue. Monday can't get here soon enough for me. My friend bailed Sad , so I have an extra ticket if anyone knows someone in Boston who needs one. I somehow have a feeling that I'll probably be the oldest person there. Laughing

Great photos Chrissie. It looks like you had a great spot. How early did you get there? Also, did you have an opening act? In Boston it's someone called Glasser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US & Canada Tour Dates!!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next