elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US & Canada Tour Dates!!

Go down 
+24
heshofcheese
Mr Woman
My Bury Vest
ChrissyBoy
ticky
mrswoman
Jones
evilpixie
stars112200
Swizzle
hilaryg
citizen
ukkonen
ChrissieInFL
uiop60
TheNinja
bajesus
salparadise
LongLegs
Misspelt Yoof
AyannaD
allyngibson
MagicalTrevor
emma
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 03:11

Great photos Ayanna! One of the photos looks like Guy is pointing right at you. And it looks like you still managed to get a really good spot even with getting there late!
Quote :
I only wish I had another opportunity to see them during this NA tour
It sucks how everything is so far apart in North America.... another reason why I want to live in the UK!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 15:21

@ChrissieInFL - There was nothing else on...but DiCaprio was SO dreamy back then Wink

@Sarah - Perfect is right Smile

@Mr Woman - I've still got a British Passport, so they'd struggle Smile Not a Canadian Citizen yet, just Permanent Resident, and I can have dual nationality anyway

@Jones - Oh yeah, it was worth it. I even thought this while the chunks were flying.

@ticky - yep, see above response

@emma - actually there are some holes in my memory. Hopefully these holes didn't involve any naked dancing.

Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 17:02

MagicalTrevor wrote:
@ChrissieInFL - There was nothing else on...but DiCaprio was SO dreamy back then Wink

@Jones - Oh yeah, it was worth it. I even thought this while the chunks were flying.

Dude! You're killin' me today! US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Roflma10
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 17:03

ChrissieInFL wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:

Dude! You're killin' me today! US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Roflma10

And once I'm done I'll get back to killing myself slowly with beer Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 17:04

AyannaD wrote:
My not so great photos are posted on Flickr, but unfortunately none of Jupp due to my location.

You got some awesome photos there! And don't feel bad, I never get Jupp either. Laughing Thanks for posting those. Glad you had such a great time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 19:47

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 02:32

emma wrote:
Great photos Ayanna! One of the photos looks like Guy is pointing right at you. And it looks like you still managed to get a really good spot even with getting there late!
Quote :
I only wish I had another opportunity to see them during this NA tour
It sucks how everything is so far apart in North America.... another reason why I want to live in the UK!

Thanks Emma. That was actually the second time during the night when he gestured towards me and we made eye contact. He did that a lot throughout the set, especially with people who were singing a lot and really into the song. Very Happy

Had I known sooner that I would have been going to this gig on my own, I would have plans to go to the NY show as well.

ChrissieInFL wrote:
AyannaD wrote:
My not so great photos are posted on Flickr, but unfortunately none of Jupp due to my location.

You got some awesome photos there! And don't feel bad, I never get Jupp either. Laughing Thanks for posting those. Glad you had such a great time!

Thanks Chrissie. The venue was so small that it was too tight to decent photos from my spot on the floor. Had I tried for the balcony, it probably would have been better

Here's my video of Tower Crane.

Last edited by AyannaD on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 02:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 02:38

Too bad you had to miss the show, Ali, but that's a hell of a video your friend got for you Smile
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 06:25

Awww - that's lovely!!! You've got a great friend! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 21:07

So the concert in Toronto last night was as amazing as always Smile I had no idea there were so many Elbow fans in Toronto until I saw the whole of Sound Academy filled with people. I had the really wonderful surprise of getting to sit in the VIP section! I was also with a friend who was actually attending her first ever concert so a pretty amazing first experience! I hope she doesn't have as high expectations for the rest of the concerts she goes to though haha.

Glasser was an interesting opening band. She definitely had great vocal talent but I think it's the sort of music that would take a few listens to decide if I like it or not. It was pretty unusual sounding.

Elbow's set was really great and the usual setlist from the rest of the tour. I felt like I was one of the few in the balcony who was really getting into the music and singing along but I pretended not to notice and just enjoyed it! The Birds is always a great opening song, and I found I really appreciated The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver a lot more than I ever had before - definitely reminds me of Presuming Ed and how it also suddenly clicked while listening to it one day. Great Expectations and Weather to Fly were really amazing as well.

After the show, my friend and I also got into the after-show party!! We spent a while nervously sitting in a corner but I finally built up the courage to approach the band. I managed to speak to Craig for a bit, but I was really nervous and kept blanking on things to say... at least something that slightly resembled a conversation came out at the end of the few minutes I spoke to him hahaha. The only part of the night that I was a bit down about was that my friend was not interested in staying and kept edging to leave ever since the concert had finished.. I really, really wanted to stay at the party since obviously it's not everyday you get to go to an Elbow aftershow party! But in the end I had to go home with her so we left soon after that.

I'm still a bit upset about not being able to stay at the after party but it was great for the little while I was there and being able to talk to Craig!! All-in-all a really amazing concert and experience in my own home-city! Smile
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 23:10

Yay Emma! Sounds like a fun night Smile
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 13:34

Here's a brief interview with Craig from the Globe & Mail:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/music/elbow-stays-true-to-its-own-tune/article2181749/

Also they did a few live performances and an interview on Q (a CBC music program) that you can hear on this page:
http://www.cbc.ca/q/blog/2011/09/29/elbow-on-q/

Not sure why they didn't take a second photo - Jupp definitely didn't realise the photo was being taken!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 13:42

Nice Hi-res photo...if you zoom in you can see Pete's calculator watch Smile
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 13:59

emma wrote:
Here's a brief interview with Craig from the Globe & Mail:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/music/elbow-stays-true-to-its-own-tune/article2181749/

Also they did a few live performances and an interview on Q (a CBC music program) that you can hear on this page:
http://www.cbc.ca/q/blog/2011/09/29/elbow-on-q/

Not sure why they didn't take a second photo - Jupp definitely didn't realise the photo was being taken!

Cheers Emma for that - btw, who's Gus Garvey ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 17:10

MagicalTrevor wrote:
I'm still recovering from the NY gig...had the worst hangover I have had in years...

one of the joys of being thirty-eleven
which i can understand fully Wink
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 18:05

Man it was nasty! Only fully recovered on Wednesday!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 20:27

emma wrote:
Jupp definitely didn't realise the photo was being taken!

HAHAHAHA! He looks sooo funny!!!
I'm in knots laughing!

Back on topic - the music seems to have gone down a treat on the other side of the pond! Well done, boys! Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 14:24

Emma - very cool that you got some face time in with the band in Toronto! Very Happy

Also, thanks for posting the link to the CBC interview, that was great to listen to. Glad to hear Pete saying that they enjoy the smaller venues when they come over here, because I always worry that they'll just tell North America to get stuffed, and then we'll never see them here again! Sad
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 19:03

I really do hope they return sooner than the gap between their last NA tour. Now they have families though it doesn't seem so likely... I guess we'll have to see when the next album comes out, but another trip to the UK for their next tour may be necessary!
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 23:25

emma wrote:
I really do hope they return sooner than the gap between their last NA tour. Now they have families though it doesn't seem so likely... I guess we'll have to see when the next album comes out, but another trip to the UK for their next tour may be necessary!
At the end of the gig I saw in DC, Guy led the audience in singing "One Day Like This," and near the end, he said something like, "Make it count, DC. We won't be back for another two years."

Like you, I hope they return sooner than that. But they're in the studio in the first part of the new year, then assume a possible album release in late 2012, so a 2013 return Stateside at the earliest seems likely.

Blah. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Oct 2011, 20:59

emma wrote:

I would love to see them in the UK, and it is definitely something that I would consider.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 14:12

AyannaD wrote:
emma wrote:

I would love to see them in the UK, and it is definitely something that I would consider.

Not that I wouldn't LOVE to do another UK show...but I think I will have to wait until they do another North American run before I see them again. We've spent an awful lot on travel this year. On the whole, Mr Chrissie's a pretty generous sort, but he is Scottish and there are limits... Laughing
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 03:07

ChrissieInFL wrote:
AyannaD wrote:
emma wrote:

Not that I wouldn't LOVE to do another UK show...but I think I will have to wait until they do another North American run before I see them again. We've spent an awful lot on travel this year. On the whole, Mr Chrissie's a pretty generous sort, but he is Scottish and there are limits... Laughing

I would definitely have to make it a real 3 week vacation thing to justify the travel expense.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 17:43

ChrissieInFL wrote:
but he is Scottish and there are limits... Laughing

now, now thats bordering on sterotypical assumptions.....ok the truth...lol!
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 22:55

I ran across this today.

While Elbow was in the US, they stopped by WFUV, a public radio station in New York City, and played a live "Lippy Kids."
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US & Canada Tour Dates!!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next