elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

another UK tour

Go down 
+3
Jones
My Bury Vest
oneofthethree
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 23:44

I was sort of expecting an announcement post-Reading/Leeds of another UK tour in December - seems a bit odd that they've only done the tour just as the album was released - at least two tours is standard for any release by a band of any size at present. Not been on here much over the summer, has there been any rumours / stories.

ta
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeSat 03 Sep 2011, 12:17

Not heard of anything mate - I've loved the dates at Manchester, Sheffield and Belfast that I attended, but ANOTHER tour of the same setlist would test my loyalty - can buy the fact that they wanted to keep the new fans interested on the barb! tour, though.

Also, a factor might be that they've toured/are touring, extensively around Europe and other continents and countries that they've never been to before, ie. Hong Kong. They've also hammered the festival circuit.

Manchester definitely won't be played before Christmas, that I know for a fact.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 14:47

Spring tour, I believe...
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 16:42

Jones wrote:
Spring tour, I believe...

Oooh nice one Jones ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 18:55

.....wonder when they'll announce ?
(bought tickets for this March show on the 29th September last year)
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 15:55

Weeeelllll... I think it's family time and Christmas first (and who would blame them?!)
But I think an announcement won't be too far away.
(Wouldn't those tickets make wonderful Christmas pressies? And yes, If anyone's feeling generous, I'd love some! Razz )
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 08:17

they've often concluded previous album cyclse with a few UK gigs at venues they havent visited before... i recall the likes of Shepherd's Bush Empire many many years ago, or the MEN last time out... You'd like to think after the shed tour last time out they may down shift to a few academy type gigs... all pure speculation though...

saying that, what the normal length of an album promo cycle, 18 months was it for TSSK? so that in theory should see them hawk this setlist till after next years festival season perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 11:28

At the Cathedral last week somebody mentioned them playing The City Of Manchester stadium in the summer. Probably just chinese whispers. You know how these things get blown out of all proportion.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 21:32

They've been on tour a while! Let them kick their heels a bit at home and enjoy December with families!
I'm sure it won't be long, there was no "This will be our last gig for over a year..." announcement at the end of the Cathedral gig like there was at the end of the MEN tour!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 09:11

Cestrian Saint wrote:
At the Cathedral last week somebody mentioned them playing The City Of Manchester stadium in the summer. Probably just chinese whispers. You know how these things get blown out of all proportion.

i've just raised my eye brow at that... if that was to happen then the band have come even further that i thought...
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:57

won't be march next year - i note they've announced oz dates for then...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

another UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: another UK tour   another UK tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another UK tour
Page 1 of 1