elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

general Tour banter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

general Tour banter Empty
PostSubject: general Tour banter   general Tour banter Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011, 17:48

wondered if we'd all got similar at the gigs or if anyone can remember any of the stories...

been a few weeks and a few hangovers since i saw elbow in glasgow on the 14th March -
which given my age, and ability to remember fine details, some of the following may be a bit hazy
if in fact it ever happened at all.....

buttering up the Glasgow Crowd and following a raptuous reception -

It had to be you guys first, didn't it ! (to even bigger raptuous applause)

We call ourselves Northern, but really we aren't are we. In fact we're really from the west midlands somewhere,
you lot are northern.. (words to that effect)

Guy's "Legend" story - He's walking down a street in Manchester, and this big portly bloke dressed in a suit with red hair (not disimilar),
is walking towards him. So Guy smiles, expecting an exchange and the bloke just says, (with a dramtic voice over man effect) "Legend"

handing out a drink - asks someone in the crowd if they are eighteen (obvioulsy not) so says "Well I'll be your naughty Unlcle for the night" before realising that sounded a bit dodgy
Back to top Go down
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: general Tour banter   general Tour banter Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011, 23:12

Oh God! Flash backs that even Dee Dee from The Limmy Show would be proud of hehe. Sorry you have to Scottish and Proud to understand where I'm coming from!

Don't forget Row R Row R Row R CB Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: general Tour banter   general Tour banter Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 20:06

excellent - forgot about that bit !!

surely there must be somethin worth recounting from the other gigs ??
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: general Tour banter   general Tour banter Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 21:59

Hmmm...
Guy asking in Berlin 2001 what "Sound advice" and "Don't mix your drinks" means in German. I could only answer the latter but quite clumsy still because it might have mean more "don't drink too different drinks" (Trink nicht durcheinander) than just "Don't screw up your booze" ("Vermisch nicht deine Gesöffe")

Mom and me seeing them in 2003 and thinking in the first moment, that Guy is blind drunk because he swayed so strangely on "Can't stop" Shocked (but after the long note we knew better cheers )

Guy kissing my hand during "One day" in Cologne 2008 I love you

Guy getting so extatic during "Newborn" in Berlin 2008 that we were afraid he might fall off stage Shocked

and of course..
meeting Mark on the Bar after the concert in 2001 and the rest of the band before the gig on the parking lot
seeing the Elboys go to the same Indian Restaurant like me in 2008
meeting the Elboys backstage in Hamburg and standing with Guy on that window of that spooky former Bunker looking out over Hamburg and saying "NO MORE WAR"
standing with Ticky on the backstage and being frustrated because Guy did no recognize me... (he surely forgot his glasses...NO OFFENCE TO GUY!!! I know he thought of me...he played Buffy Sainte Marie for me on his Finest Hour then...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: general Tour banter   general Tour banter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

general Tour banter
Page 1 of 1