elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wimbledon or tennis in general

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Wimbledon or tennis in general Empty
PostSubject: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jun 2008, 13:35

Well, people, some of you are living in the UK so I'm interested whether anyone is interested in tennis...
I'd kill just in order to get a glimpse of the tournament live... I'mtill lacking money, but I hope it'll improve soon so I'll be able to come and see for myself
Any thoughts on this years Wimbledon's champions? I believe that Fedex will dominate again in men's singles, but when it comes to women's singles, i haven't got a clue...
I hope Dinara Safina will win, but let's face - the two Serbians are currently two best players in the world.

Wimbledon or tennis in general Fd0c2398c79a2cea2a93b32vc1

Wimbledon or tennis in general Fedexgy7
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jun 2008, 15:11

To be honest, tennis bores me intensely. i don't mind watchin one or two games, but i eventually just find it repetitive and boring. I do like playing it though. Actually, thats my view on all sports, watching it bores me, but playing it is fine. Except rugby, i hate rugby.
I'm being a miserable git again aren't i? sorry.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jun 2008, 17:41

C'Mon Andy Murray !
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008, 14:04

hihihi...he's playing good this year, but there are still two croatians hanging in there - čilić and ančić
i hope that one of them will finally make something out of themselves on grand slams - ančić played wimbledon's semifinals just once which is quite odd for a serve and volley player
i just hope that nadal won't win
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008, 15:41

No preferences me, would love to see a Scot doing well, but ultimately I want Tennis to be the winner.

Hahahaha, that sounded pretty gay.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 17:13

Bit late, but did anyone see the final? What a match!
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 15:15

lee spoons wrote:
Bit late, but did anyone see the final? What a match!
I've seen it...It was great and I can't believe Rafa won...He is probably the most annoying player in tennis history...The match was a real thriller, it took up most of my Sunday...
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008, 19:03

Nadal used to annoy me - how many times does he have to bounce the ball on his serve? - but I don't mind him so much now. I kept switching allegiances throughout the match - when Fedex was 2 sets down I wanted him to come back and make a game of it, then when Rafa lost a couple of championship points I thought he'd blown it, so I wanted him to win after that.

Far more exciting than it used to be in the '90s, with Sampras and whoever his opponent was blasting ace after ace after bloody ace... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon or tennis in general   Wimbledon or tennis in general Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon or tennis in general
Page 1 of 1