elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows

Go down 
+35
Bennington
NeonChoir
oneofthethree
lucky with disease
Emylou123
cerepl
leespoons
Mr_K
Mirrorball
natalia
Eag
fadeupyoursmile
ElbowFreak
jEUR
Glendarian
Hotblack
AyannaD
sparky
Lynne
My Bury Vest
ticky
Trains Are...Mint
takemeanywhere
LongLegs
TamedLamia
MagicalTrevor
Dano
Misspelt Yoof
ukkonen
Jones
ChrissieInFL
errant
CrisalidaBoy
HattyMarris
ChrissyBoy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 12:52

I hate to say it but I'm not so sure on this one so far (x2 listens) Neutral

HattyMarris wrote:
Guy says the album version of Neat Little Rows is going to be about twice as the single version.

...this is my hope, that the full version shows us the band's actual idea of the song beyond the radio-friendly parts (chorus, chorus, chorus), much like I'm always disoriented if I hear the radio edit of a song like Bones Of You and there's a whole chunk missing.
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 14:07

I agree with you Eag. i hope for some strange part similar to Coming Second.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 17:40

Listening to it again, for probably the 10th time - I'm berating myself for not falling in love with it - it's a GOOD song but......AARRRGGHHH ! Mad
Back to top Go down
natalia
fallen angel
fallen angel
natalia

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 19:37

Eag, Dano, MBV: I am also not sure on Neat Little Rows. I will wait for the album version, though. Elbow has superb songs, but to me a few of them only work inside an album. Once I listen to the whole album, those ones start to work outside, if that makes any sense.

Lippy Kids, on the other hand, touched me on its own. I hope the album version has not much added to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://dyingdays.net
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 19:48

natalia wrote:
Lippy Kids, on the other hand, touched me on its own. I hope the album version has not much added to it. Smile

I believe the album version of Lippy Kids has the Halle Youth Choir featuring on it
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 04:54

Always a good sign: I've found myself humming Neat Little Rows quite a bit over the past several days. It has definitely staked out some territory in my cranium. Well done, Elboys - you've gone and created a proper earworm there!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 12:03

I've actually only heard it twice I think...Gonna abstain till the album comes out.

I want that whole new album experience at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Mirrorball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 12:37

HattyMarris wrote:
natalia wrote:

I believe the album version of Lippy Kids has the Halle Youth Choir featuring on it

If that's true, I cannot wait to hear it!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 08:51

MagicalTrevor wrote:
I've actually only heard it twice I think...Gonna abstain till the album comes out.

Ditto. I'm deliberately avoiding them. I too like that whole new album experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 13:05

Hotblack wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:

Ditto. I'm deliberately avoiding them. I too like that whole new album experience.

I understand where you two are coming from, though I feel differently about it. From what we've all read so far, we can expect to see a bit of a thematic thing - a loose thread (nostalgia/youth) that runs through the songs as the album plays. So, to me, these songs are all pieces of the puzzle, and we'll only really know their quality when they can be heard as part of a whole. Coming from that angle, I'm enjoying the sound of each song as I hear it, but I will look at them with fresh eyes (or hear them with fresh ears, really) when they're part of the whole set. I really do think Neat Little Rows is an ace song to listen to as it sounds at the moment, but I'll still want to hear it in it's longer version on the album, and see how it fits together with the other songs. That's a whole different experience, to me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 16:24

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Hotblack wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:

I understand where you two are coming from, though I feel differently about it. From what we've all read so far, we can expect to see a bit of a thematic thing - a loose thread (nostalgia/youth) that runs through the songs as the album plays. So, to me, these songs are all pieces of the puzzle, and we'll only really know their quality when they can be heard as part of a whole. Coming from that angle, I'm enjoying the sound of each song as I hear it, but I will look at them with fresh eyes (or hear them with fresh ears, really) when they're part of the whole set. I really do think Neat Little Rows is an ace song to listen to as it sounds at the moment, but I'll still want to hear it in it's longer version on the album, and see how it fits together with the other songs. That's a whole different experience, to me anyway.

And I can perfectly well understand your viewpoint Chrissie Very Happy Horses for courses....as they say. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 11:33

Only just heard it due to lack of internet (BT, what a shower of unmentionables) and have played about half a dozen times. You know what, I had somehow conditioned myself not to expect too much, and I have to say that I like it quite a lot. Not blown away exactly, but it is a real grower.

I was a little worried, from what I had read, that the new record would be all reflective and wistful, which Elbow do so well, to be fair, but Neat Little Rows displays the "muscle" that has always been part of Elbow's armoury. It has a singlemindness, a directness, with the almost mechanical rhythm which, to me, indicate that Elbow mean business with this album. Does that make sense?

So, as a standalone song from Elbow: pretty good.
As an indication of what may be on the new album (along with Lippy Kids): pretty darn exciting.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 23:12

Just heard it on the local radio, here in Kildare (Ireland)!!! First outing on Irish radio, as far as I know.
'Coming out of an horrendously boring night-class, got into my car and there it was!
Really made my night! Ah....! Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Love0001
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 17:08

heard it a few times now, wasn't sure at first but it's really growing on me.

Hello elbow board, long time no see, etc
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 14:17

The fact is that after listening it about twenty times the morning after i struggled to remind its melody.
Now... i can say i like it, but maybe cause my heart is in bloom with Elbow. I don't know.

I'm sure that i will like a lot the record version:). The edit version is also too chorus-chorus-chorus and...chorus.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 19:11

Lee Spoons wrote:
heard it a few times now, wasn't sure at first but it's really growing on me.

Hello elbow board, long time no see, etc

Hi Lee Spoons - nice to have you back!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 20:51

Dano wrote:
The fact is that after listening it about twenty times the morning after i struggled to remind its melody.
Now... i can say i like it, but maybe cause my heart is in bloom with Elbow. I don't know.

I'm sure that i will like a lot the record version:). The edit version is also too chorus-chorus-chorus and...chorus.

I do wonder how the album version will differ from this edit, though I like the current one just fine. And when you compare it to pretty much anything else on the radio at the moment (well, at least the radio here in the US - Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Ke$ha), it's bloody magnificent. Cool

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot - hello there Lee! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cerepl
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 15:59

The 7 inch single

Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 NLR

Tracklisting

Side A

1. neat little rows

Side B

1. tbc
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:16

Back to top Go down
natalia
fallen angel
fallen angel
natalia

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:17

Video:

http://www.gigwise.com/features/61003/Elbow---Neat-Little-Rows-World-Exclusive

cheers

---

Oops, just noticed I was a minute too late. Smile

Last edited by natalia on Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyingdays.net
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:33

Dammit! I listened to it again...I'm ruining my 'whole new album' experience.

But what a lovely way to ruin it...

Suprised that the budget is so low for this, based on the success of the last two years.

Still, here we have confirmation that Craig has lost A LOT of weight!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 14:06

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Dammit! I listened to it again...I'm ruining my 'whole new album' experience.

But what a lovely way to ruin it...

Suprised that the budget is so low for this, based on the success of the last two years.

Still, here we have confirmation that Craig has lost A LOT of weight!

I was a bit surprised about the video too, MT - not sure why, but I figured, since we had an in-studio performance vid already for Lippy Kids, we might see something different this time. Not too bothered though; videos aren't what floats my boat where Elbow are concerned. If the music's good, I'm good!

And yes, Craig has definitely slimmed down and the Dave Grohl comparisons are not too far wrong at all! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 14:24

oh, simple clip, but i like it.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 18:39

Oh boy... thank's for an upcoming sleepless night. :-)

Lovely.

Is it just me or does Craig look totaly different after his amacing loss of weigth? I think it makes him look a lot younger...
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 18:49

Dano wrote:
oh, simple clip, but i like it.

Me too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next