elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doctor Who

Go down 
+11
Stockhaus
Hotblack
Mr Woman
Lesley Gilks
Dabamash
mrswoman
ElbowFreak
WOBLEwoble
heshofcheese
fadeupyoursmile
ticky
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Doctor Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 19:34

He annoys me currently. Hopefully i'll warm to him. Can't argue with his new assistant's legs though...
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 21:01

Well done Matt for a great start. Looking forward to seeing more. Miss David lots but Matt is so different. Dr Who needs such variety.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 19:48

I love Matt Smith, loved him within the first ten minutes! The writing is slicker and tighter, relying more on the emotions and characters rather than big (often shit) CGI, all in all, i'm a fan!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 17:44

I think he's excellent in the role, however that daft sidekick of his is driving us doolally. She really is utterly irritating. Mad
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 09:16

ticky wrote:
I think he's excellent in the role, however that daft sidekick of his is driving us doolally. She really is utterly irritating. Mad

No more irritating than Donna imho... or any of the sidekicks really. And she is rather easy on the eye Wink

I wasn't sure about Matt Smith at first but he's definitely won me over. Agree with Sarah that the writing is slicker, the whole thing is proper hide-behind-the-sofa scarier too, my little boy loved the CGI and FX of the last few series but he can't watch it now, the Smilers gave him nightmares!
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 14:39

Lee Spoons wrote:
ticky wrote:

No more irritating than Donna imho... or any of the sidekicks really. And she is rather easy on the eye Wink

Mad

oh no Donna was the best sidekick ever!
Little Amy has still not impressed me at all. She is just kinda annoying. BAH

Loving the new Doc though, he is really good so happy with that.
Miss DT though...
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 18:17

I agree with all that!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 12:57

I've seen nothing at all... so I still can judge.
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 00:53

I liked Amy more after the latest episode with the angels. she was alright, less annoying
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 09:30

Nope - still annoying for me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 11:25

Imagine this new doctor with donna? bonkers!
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010, 14:40

Anyone on edge waiting for "The Big Bang" tonight?
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 15:38

I'm not going to give any spoilers for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but must say I found Stephen Moffat's handling of the finale to this series much more satisfying than RTD's "everything-and-the-kitchen-sink" scattergun approach.

And hats off to Matt Smith for his guest appearance with Orbital at Glastonbury on their version of the Doctor Who theme.

Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 16:01

Mr Woman wrote:
I'm not going to give any spoilers for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but must say I found Stephen Moffat's handling of the finale to this series much more satisfying than RTD's "everything-and-the-kitchen-sink" scattergun approach.

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jun 2010, 16:13

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 18:59

Anybody enjoying the other Moffat/Gattis collaboration, Sherlock, and what did you think of it?
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 18:43

Lesley Gilks wrote:
Anybody enjoying the other Moffat/Gattis collaboration, Sherlock, and what did you think of it?
Impressive stuff. Great casting and clever modernisation with enough post-modern twists and humour from Moffatt & Gatiss to hang it up there with the other BBC Wales telly blockbusters of late. Never mind Manchester & Mediacity, Cardiff has got to be the centre of UK drama these days.

Bring on a full series! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:08

I thought it was wonderful. I'm a Sherlock buff and it's been great to have a few recent adaptations from people who love the books as much as I do.
I thought casting Martin Freeman as Watson was a stroke of genius and Benedict is also very impressive. One for the D.V.D collection, I think.
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr 2011, 23:43

We're now about a week away from the sixth season.

I keep watching the trailers -- the long BBC1 trailer, the long BBC America trailer, the new BBC1 trailer that was released today. And I'm getting the shakes.

Anyone else quivering with anticipation for the new season?
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011, 06:20

Me!
My son is also waiting in anticipation and I'm sure it will be the hi-light of the bank holiday weekend. Laughing
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr 2011, 02:48

Still totally depressed about Lis Sladen's passing yesterday.

I went through my blog yesterday evening reading things I've written about Sladen over the years. Along with Ian Marter, she was my first Doctor Who companion. She was, when I was eleven, my first crush. She set the impossible romantic ideal in my life -- if I was going to love someone, I wanted to love someone exactly like Sarah Jane Smith.

I loved her return in "School Reunion." Though I didn't always watch The Sarah Jane Adventures, it wasn't because of the stories or the acting, it was because I never made *cough*acquiring*cough* the show a priority. (Only the first season's been aired over here.)

I thought Sladen would always be around. She's younger than my mom!

What amazes me is how... devastated fandom is. Old-time fandom, new-time fandom. All over the world. I can't imagine that when Tom Baker shuffles off this coil that there will be the same outpouring of grief that there's been for Sladen. Everyone loved her.

Now she's gone.

I watched "School Reunion" last night when I got home from work. I don't know how I managed to hold it together through the day. If I weren't on deadline for an article, I'd watch something else, like maybe "Ark in Space," to remember her and Tom and Ian Marter when they were young and when the universe was scary.

The world seems like a colder place today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2