elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hawley bows out

Go down 
+3
ChrissieInFL
mrswoman
bluefield
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 11:26

Yeah I know Its the Elbow forum but hey there is a connection, I know some people frequent both forums and there is apossibilty this might have already been mentioned on here but here goes.
Richard is or was a constant visitor to his forum answering questions about his songs, gig,s plans and stuff as well as banter trivia and I myself have had a few chats about gear, if he was going to turn up at Elbow gig's etc and he is a real top bloke, and it seems now due to one or two people who can at best be described as dim witted morons and at worst christ knows what have abused to priviledge by issuing threats and horrible stuff serious enough to have got the police involved and as a consequence Richars has stopped posting at least until they can disable his PM facility sad sad sad
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 12:18

Really shocked to hear that. RH's forum is (was?) such a rarity, in actually having the man himself be so heavily involved. Helpful too; he answered a techie question of mine once and I was made up.

It IS sad to think some b*stard idiots out there want to make a top musician's life a misery, especially when he's such a great fella as well. Shame too that 99.9% of that forum - decent people with respect for him - will all lose out on that two-way dialogue. No wonder celebrities get apprehensive about contact with the public.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 14:05

Well, that sucks. Unfortunately, if you're any sort of well-known public figure, you never know when you've crossed the line between accessibility and encouraging the nuts to come out. Shame...
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 14:06

It is such a loss, he is such a good soul and what musicians these days input on their own forum so regulary. Horrific.
Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 14:53

I only hope they have the technology to disable the Pm function so Richard can choose to speak to who he wants and not be bombarded with idiots, its the classic case of a couple of twats ruining it for aload of really decent people,Forums such as this one and the Hawley forum build a nice sense of community and especially when the hosts come on from time to time or in Richards case just about all the time,Yeah real pity that
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 21:28

This is horrifying and as MrsW said, a couple of idiots have spoiled a good thing for everybody else. Mad
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 11:34

Wasn't that the reason too, why Guy Garvey closed his personal account at myspace? Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 20:57

People are idiots. Especially on the internet. It's a shame really, that people think that being anonymous gives them free rein to say whatever they want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hawley bows out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawley bows out   Hawley bows out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hawley bows out
Page 1 of 1