elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something to Celebrate?

Go down 
+48
Lesley Gilks
lucky with disease
LongLegs
HattyMarris
Mr Woman
oneofthethree
Kim
sundaygirl
newborn
Lynne
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
yesman
nellie
heshofcheese
nikkijaydee
bluejayway
My Bury Vest
ticky
TamedLamia
Stockhaus
Emma G
Ted
Leo
Misspelt Yoof
sparky
Grant
ElbowFreak
bluefield
Jones
al
fadeupyoursmile
mrswoman
Glendarian
Carah
Calum
MrsMagicalTrevor
ukkonen
Jonny
JulieinTX
Skeletor
leespoons
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
Topaz
Hotblack
Dabamash
MagicalTrevor
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011, 20:17

Thanks guys! Very Happy Yes it was a complete surprise, unplanned too apparently - no ring yet! That is to say, I'd been hoping for it for several years but after so long I was sure he had The Fear in him, so yeah it was totally unexpected. Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 18:52

happy days !
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 16:53

Congrats again Kim!
Me thinks this calls for a party!
Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Smiley-dance006
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 14:12

another three months medical proofed cancermonsterdefeater Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 19:45

Wow, four posts in one day....I'm positively prolific at the moment.

Anyway, me n mrs sparky are going on holiday tomorrow
Greek Island Hopping with Jesca Hoop, The Horrors, Elbow and some others

Sorry, so excited I hit the return button too soon. Should have said Greek Island Hopping with Jesca Hoop, The Horrors, Elbow and some others on the ipod
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 20:36

Oh, brilliant! MrsW and I are big fans of the Greek islands. Hope you have a great time. Smile

I just got my pass certificate for Beginners' Greek today as well. Sadly, we won't be able to get out there this year, so won't be able to practice on anyone.

Cyclades?
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 21:23

Mr Woman wrote:
Oh, brilliant! MrsW and I are big fans of the Greek islands. Hope you have a great time. Smile

I just got my pass certificate for Beginners' Greek today as well. Sadly, we won't be able to get out there this year, so won't be able to practice on anyone.

Cyclades?

Thanks Mr Woman
Cyclades it is: We are flying to Santorini then hoppin to Milos, Sifnos and Folegandros.
Last year we did Santorini, Naxos and Paros
You can practice your Greek language skills on me at the next gig we both attend. I won't be able to understand you but it will be a pleasant change from listening to some of the drunken nutters we've been stood near before Very Happy

Not a reference to anyone on this forum, everyone I've met from here has been lovely and wonderful. Kind Regards to all and hope you all have a great summer sunny

Congrats on the exam by the way!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 21:50

Eυχαριστώ πολύ. Wink

(thanks very much!)
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jul 2011, 10:33

Last edited by lucky with disease on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 22:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jul 2011, 11:44

wow what a great week LWD ! congrats

Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2011, 23:04

Firstly congratulations Francis on becoming a Granny, hope baby Grace passed her hearing screen with flying colours!

Lovely photos, don't know how you do it but lucky you. x
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul 2011, 07:18

Congratulations Francis - that's wonderful news. All the best to your daughter and her husband. cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul 2011, 10:22

Thanks, ChrissyBoy, Lynne and ticky, Grace seems very content and is doing fine, we got back from Spain just in time!

Yes, lucky us!....the VIP lounge area at Benicassim was brilliant for us, and the Comedians we were looking after, to hang out in, but we tried to be mindful of Rock Star privacy and personal space backstage, even though it was so exciting to be there.
We are long time friends of the Comedy promoter who had the chance to put on comedy for the first time at this festival, and were asked to assist them. We were with comedy at Hop Farm again the week before, so were lucky enough to see Prince, Morrissey and Bryan Ferry, Leisure Society etc etc whilst there.
Don't know yet whether Comedy will be asked back to these festivals again next year...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jul 2011, 23:40

Congratulations on all counts, Frances!! What exactly does 'looking after the comedians' entail, I wonder... Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 14:37

Been away for ages, so I've got a lot of catching up to to do...so nice to see the good news some of you have posted! Big congrats to Kim, very exciting and I wish you lots of luck! Very Happy And congrats to everyone else as well for all the exciting happenings - babies and holidays and Greek-speaking and what not - you've been a busy lot, haven't you? Well done all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 20:09

I'm back!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 17:32

have had a tough month or three at work. Didn't get an interview for a senior
managers job, despite 24 years solid experience and a distinction Masters Degree (in management LOL).
was totally gutted at the time. as i have always put in major effort and aplied myself well.

Then actually got an interview for another Sen Manager post , and despite "performing well" according to the big boss, it wasn't quite enough.....

Finally flipped and thought stuff the lot of them, applied for a job in another company and got
a job offer last week - just waiting for the written confirmation, and i can't wait to hand in my notice.

Dont let the bastards get you down ! Beer

Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 21:54

Congratulations, Chrissyboy!
I am a firm believer in Karma and I believe that good things come to good people (eventually)!
You go, my man!
You deserve it! Thumbs Up!

ps: enjoy handing in your notice! Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 02:37

Well done ChrissyBoy! Man, I love hearing stories like that! It's always awesome when you get a chance to tell the dumbasses where to go, after they hose you like that. Their loss! Congratulations and best of luck! Beer
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 07:40

That's great news ChrissyBoy - It's so good to hear of someone doing well in work at this appalling time! cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 17:19

thanks very much folks. I'm looking forward to new horizons ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 11:11

My other half arrives back from a work trip to Japan for the last two weeks. Can't wait to hear all about it, sounds like an amazing trip and I did miss him of course too.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 20:33

I turned 50 yesterday. I know it's old but it's better than the alternative of not turning 50 Very Happy

We had a family do with love enough to light the street and mrs sparky organised a cake with a some of my favourite album covers on it (Genesis, REM and obviously elbow)

Anyway, my best mate and brother-in-law(the lippy kid on here) tweeted a pic of said cake to the elboys and Craig tweeted back (is that the correct phrase i don't do tweets?) that it was "Brilliant". Very Happy Very Happy

A great day all round. My only worry now is that I'm getting too old for gigs. Jesca Hoop didn't seem to mind last week but I was only 49 then. I'm not sure if the Wild Beasts will be too pleased when I turn up next month pale
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 23:37

Happy Birthday Mark! I'm delighted to hear you had a great day - you beat me to 50 by a few months!

I wouldn't worry about the gig situation. I'm off to see Skrillex on Thursday and I KNOW I'll be the oldest one there! Fuck it. Mind you I AM only 49... Party!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 11:05

sparky wrote:
I turned 50 yesterday. I know it's old but it's better than the alternative of not turning 50 Very Happy

We had a family do with love enough to light the street and mrs sparky organised a cake with a some of my favourite album covers on it (Genesis, REM and obviously elbow)

Anyway, my best mate and brother-in-law(the lippy kid on here) tweeted a pic of said cake to the elboys and Craig tweeted back (is that the correct phrase i don't do tweets?) that it was "Brilliant". Very Happy Very Happy

A great day all round. My only worry now is that I'm getting too old for gigs. Jesca Hoop didn't seem to mind last week but I was only 49 then. I'm not sure if the Wild Beasts will be too pleased when I turn up next month pale

Happy belated Birthday Sparky lad ! The cake sounds great, I'd have loved a cake like that when I was 40 (spring chicken, moi), last November !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something to Celebrate?   Something to Celebrate? - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something to Celebrate?
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: