elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Beatles

Go down 
+18
Lynne
Cestriansteve
Lesley Gilks
ticky
WOBLEwoble
ChrissyBoy
Topaz
bluefield
bluejayway
MagicalTrevor
TamedLamia
heshofcheese
Stockhaus
Mr_K
Grant
Hotblack
yesman
ChrissieInFL
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

The Beatles - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 00:09

Thanks to the miracle of the Internet, I have heard the combination of two of my favorite bands -- The Beatles and Elbow -- as Guy Garvey narrates BBC Radio 2's Let It Be 40th-Anniversary documentary.

Michael-Lindsay Hogg sounds remarkably like Tom Hanks. Laughing

The documentary isn't perfect, but not because of Guy. Some of the musical cues used in the documentary are absolutely baffling, like "I Me Mine" around the 20-minute mark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 07:47

I missed that one - did anyone else hear it? It's too late to get it on I player now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 08:20

I got it! Link will follow soon, unfortunately my recording software I used then splitted it during an interview but I hope it is still understandable.
Stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 08:37

Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 12:50

Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 15:13

You're both wonderful!! Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 19:53

I took my kid to see Ringo and his All-Starr Band last month, and she had a brilliant time! She really was freaking out about it, kinda blew her mind to see a real Beatle! And she adores Ringo - God bless him and all, but if I hear Back Off Boogaloo come out of her iPod once more this summer, I may lose my mind! geek
He has ispired her to learn drums, though, and her first lesson is next week, so maybe we have a budding rock chick on our hands!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 23:54

This past Sunday (Oct. 9th) would have been John Lennon's 71'st birthday. But I noticed that nobody made mention of this fact in the news and music websites I looked at that day.

What I did see, all over the place, was the story about Paul McCartney's third marriage, which was also on Sunday. So, basically, Sir Paul decided that John's birthday would be an excellent date to be married. Is it just me, or did that seem just a tad bitchy to anybody else? I could be looking at it all wrong, of course, but if it had been me, I reckon I might've left John's birthday to be John's birthday, rather than commandeering it as my wedding day, especially if I was someone who could've picked pretty much ANY OTHER DAY I WANTED to get hitched. *shrug* Whatevs, Paulie. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Oct 2013, 01:24

ChrissieInFL wrote:
I took my kid to see Ringo and his All-Starr Band last month, and she had a brilliant time! She really was freaking out about it, kinda blew her mind to see a real Beatle! And she adores Ringo - God bless him and all, but if I hear Back Off Boogaloo come out of her iPod once more this summer, I may lose my mind!  geek
I finally saw Ringo last year on my birthday. His All-Star Band Tour came to Baltimore, and I bought tickets for me and my mom.

I was really impressed. For a guy on the cusp of 73 Ringo was incredibly spry, and the band really clicked. I was also impressed with how many of the non-Ringo songs he played drums on.

I've now seen both living Beatles -- Paul in 2002, Ringo in 2013. I'm good with that. Smile

Speaking of Paul, his new album, New, came out last week. I've listened to it a couple of times. It's enjoyable, there are some catchy riffs, but I'm having a difficult time remembering any of it.

That's not a slam on New. I've been consumed the past two months with new albums from Travis and Carbon Leaf, plus I received Elbow's Jodrell Bank DVD last week. New's a little crowded out at the moment. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beatles
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4