elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirrorball

Go down 
+15
heshofcheese
mrswoman
Lorne
Mollyb
allyngibson
lostinfrance
Tailfly
Stockhaus
ChrissieInFL
WOBLEwoble
Topaz
Dabamash
TamedLamia
Jonny
ElbowFreak
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Mirrorball - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrorball   Mirrorball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 21:37

Hi hacmac and welcome to the forum!
it's wonderful to hear about someone getting into Elbow for the first time - I can really sense your enthusiasm and totally understand how you are feeling at the moment. We've all felt that way. You're going to really enjoy getting into their other albums as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Mirrorball   Mirrorball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 06:56

Ah, another gabmirized one stumbling over the Elboys... Very Happy
I hope you like the other three Elbowrecords as well because when I stumbled over them back in 2001 I thought they sound like a secret jamsession between Gabriel and Pink Floyd anno 1969 carefully remixed by Massive Attack... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
hacmac
fallen angel
fallen angel
hacmac

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Mirrorball   Mirrorball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 08:52

thanks for the welcome, ticky and tamed lamia!

my mirrorball-moment that i described yesterday, happened in january this year. that gave me time enough to dig a little deeper into the elbow catalogue... Wink

i like the previous album LOTFW pretty much. very strong opener, very strong title track...

and then there are songs such as fugitive motel or red... indescribable! pieces of geniuses!

i even infected my girlfriend with the elbow virus... she said she heard tower crane driver during a treatment at the dentist last week! better than medicine... Smile

it's such a shame we missed them play live!!!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Mirrorball   Mirrorball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 10:24

hacmac wrote:

it's such a shame we missed them play live!!!

Welcome hacmac! (from another veteran here)
Well, it's been spectacular and we're all waiting with bated breath for the next tour. I'm sure we will be seeing you then! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
hacmac
fallen angel
fallen angel
hacmac

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Mirrorball   Mirrorball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 10:42

thanks, jones!
yes - i'll definitely attend as many shows as i can next time! thats - if the band comes to the continent. which i'm quite sure they will, if theres gonna be a "proper" tour.
otherwise it's gonna be a short holiday trip to the UK for me an my girlfriend... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirrorball   Mirrorball - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirrorball
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow music-
Jump to: