elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Wishlist

Go down 
+12
nellie
TamedLamia
heshofcheese
sundaygirl
Glendarian
Prestwich Red 143
Jones
Leo
lucky with disease
evilpixie
MagicalTrevor
Kim
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 00:26

Hey guys, I'm new here but I've been using the powderblue forums for quite a while. Only discovered this one after someone at the last Manchester gig mentioned it to me!

I was wondering what songs everyone most wants to see live that they haven't seen yet. Before this year mine was Scattered Black & Whites, what a beautiful song. Now I have seen it live 6 times, haha, so currently at the top of my list is Asleep In The Back. I don't think that'll ever happen...

Also floating around at the top of my list, in no particular order, is Powder Blue (was gutted when they played at only one gig on the recent tour), Don't Mix Your Drinks, Can't Stop, Crawling With Idiot, Picky Bugger and Ribcage. Very Happy

Will be interesting to see what's on everyone else's wishlist!

Kim x
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 08:18

Wow...people were talking about us at the Manchester gig? Might have been MrsMT in fact...

I'd actually like to hear some more of their covers live, either stuff they have recorded or something new. But especially August & September or Back to Black.

Agree with Powder Blue though, still waiting for that. They may have done it at Move festival, but that was years ago and I wasn't that into them then.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 09:38

Kim wrote:
currently at the top of my list is Asleep In The Back. I don't think that'll ever happen...

Likewise.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 17:55

Hi Kim,

(You know me from the old Powderblue Elbow Message Room...yes! I visit both!
Looking forward to seeing you when we go to Southend Wink )

My user name is one of my wish songs that it would be wonderful to see elbow do live, but I don't think they ever have.
Don't think they have ever done 'Asleep in the Back' either, or 'Crawling with Idiot', so unlikely.

I think it is unfair that Powderblue was only played once at the first gig of the tour, and that only Holland got 'Any Day Now' at the end of the tour....so both of those, yes please Smile ...its been a while since I saw them play those live.
Havn't seen Ribcage, Snooks or I've got your number since 2004 so them on my wish list too.

Also George Lassoes the Moon, About time and Don't mix your drinks... as only the very first Elbow gig goers got to see them played in the early days.

and more up to date, wonder if we will hear 'Audience with the Pope' and 'Friend of ours' to complete TSSK?

'Picky Bugger' got played live on the radio for the first time recently so that too!

Greedy aren't I Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 18:02

i want...

coming second
ribcage
powder blue
red
any day now
presuming ed

in that kinda order
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 20:28

Et pour moi:

An Imagined Affair
Red
Picky Bugger
Coming Second

(I've heard Any Day Now 3x!!! Razz )
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 07:15

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Wow...people were talking about us at the Manchester gig? Might have been MrsMT in fact...

I was talking with a lovely American girl that I'd met in the queue both that day and the gig the week before, and two friends of hers who were a married couple. I mentioned that I went on the powderblue forums and then the guy from the couple told me about these ones. So in fact he should be on here somewhere, hello!

I'm a little bit ashamed to not have found this forum sooner, thinking about it I think it may have been advertised on the Facebook group and I just forgot to check it out... x)

Well, I'm here now. And hello lucky with disease! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prestwich Red 143
little beast
little beast
Prestwich Red 143

Number of posts : 62
Location : In the town where they know what I'm like and don't mind
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 12:38

Hi Kim,

Hello again and WELCOME cheers

It was me who mentioned this forum to you. I'd only just joined myself that day.
Back to top Go down
Prestwich Red 143
little beast
little beast
Prestwich Red 143

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 12:51

By the way Kim, I hope that horrible cow didn't spoil the 2nd Apollo gig for you.

She was the most unpleasant person I've ever encountered at a gig (or elsewhere for that matter) Evil or Very Mad

She certainly wasn't an Elbow fan judging by her behaviour and attempt at singing. she should have learnt the words first Laughing

The small crowd of people she was with talked through every song that wasn't on TSSK. I don't know why they bothered coming.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 15:17

The top of my wishlist is Whisper Grass, but I doubt that'll ever happen. Others I've never seen (either because they've never done them or I've missed them) are Can't Stop, Coming Second, Presuming Ed, George Lassoes the Moon, Mac Greggor, Picky Bugger (yes I am aren't I?), long War Shuffle, and songs I've seen before but would love to see again: Any Day Now, Snooks, Ribcage, Bitten by the Tailfly...
There's a nice big chunk of the setlist for Llanduno in March Wink
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 18:17

oooh yeh, forgot about mcgreggor - thatd top my list
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 19:55

Hi guys!!! Hi Kim, Chris and Shirley!!! Hello to all Elbowies!!

Yes that horrible girl at the 2nd apollo gig was truly from Hell and my mate Andrea reckons she was a Man City fan, evidentally equivalent to being the devil himself.

I was at the Elbow DJ clubnight last night and finally met Guy, what a sweetie. I was very calm and composed believe it or not!

Right, wishlist....well as long as they keep playing Great Expectations 'and I will always cry) then I will be happy. But I would LOVE to hear Fugitive Motel one day.

Chris and Shirl, got a copy of The Fly for you!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
Prestwich Red 143
little beast
little beast
Prestwich Red 143

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 23:08

Hi Olivia - welcome aboard.

I bet Guy was so chuffed after meeting you last night Laughing Laughing

What sort of stuff did they play?

Thanks in advance for the copy of the magazine. Our local newsagent has just shut down and I couldn't find a copy anywhere close to home.

I'd love to see the lads play Powder Blue or Fugitive Motel. Maybe in Blackpool next spring eh?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 08:51

Hi sweetie.
No prob about the mag, I have it safe for you. great article too. FYI for everyone else, there were loads of copies at Fop in town.

I'm not sure about being chuffed exactly, but he was very very sweet. The big pudding. They played really silly fun, music; Play That Funky Music White Boy, Groove Is In The Heart, Stayin' Alive, Spanish Harlem...good fun dance music. There weren't that many people there and it was funny, I guess I assume that because I love them so much everyone does? So my friend and I were there, and we'd chat to people at the bar downstairs waiting to go up to the DJ thing and we'd say "So you're here for Elbow, right?" and they'd all be "Who's Elbow?" WTF? Who ARE they? Our boys! Manchester's heroes! The best band in the world! You Philistines!!! Ha ha. I am curious why Pete wasn't there and now wish I had asked Guy, but my brain had shut down.

I am actually at work now so better go.

Oooo, Chris, can you still make me a scan of that set list????
XXXX
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 11:59

sundaygirl wrote:
Hi sweetie.
No prob about the mag, I have it safe for you. great article too. FYI for everyone else, there were loads of copies at Fop in town.

I'm not sure about being chuffed exactly, but he was very very sweet. The big pudding. They played really silly fun, music; Play That Funky Music White Boy, Groove Is In The Heart, Stayin' Alive, Spanish Harlem...good fun dance music. There weren't that many people there and it was funny, I guess I assume that because I love them so much everyone does? So my friend and I were there, and we'd chat to people at the bar downstairs waiting to go up to the DJ thing and we'd say "So you're here for Elbow, right?" and they'd all be "Who's Elbow?" WTF? Who ARE they? Our boys! Manchester's heroes! The best band in the world! You Philistines!!! Ha ha. I am curious why Pete wasn't there and now wish I had asked Guy, but my brain had shut down.

I am actually at work now so better go.

Oooo, Chris, can you still make me a scan of that set list????
XXXX

That DJ set sounds great, I love play that funky music and groove is in the heart. Party!

Guy mentioned on his radio show a couple of weeks ago that Pete was going to Thailand sometime after the tour, so that might explain his absence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 13:37

Hmm Wishlist...
Elbow have so much lovely songs that they should do their concerts like New Model Army did once, no opening act but with a break...
I missed on this tour "Red" and "Fugitive Motel", they are my alltime faves beside "Newborn"
@Glendarian: Whisper Grass...I'd love that one too. I think I even said backstage in Hamburg that I love that song and Mark reacted quite surprised and as it seemed happy about it...
Can't stop would be cool, but I think it's even more difficult to sing than ol' Powderblue. I just remember it from 2003 when Guy swayed like he was drunk but his voice showed that he was surely fine...
and after I heard that live version of Picky Bugger I'd love that too, especially when my mom is in the audience too... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 11:37

I absolutely can't wait for Blackpool. I wonder what he setlist will be like? I hope they throw a few curveballs...maybe even preview some new stuff....

I still can't believe I met Guy...and that I didn't fall to pieces. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 16:48

Prestwich Red 143 wrote:
By the way Kim, I hope that horrible cow didn't spoil the 2nd Apollo gig for you.

She was the most unpleasant person I've ever encountered at a gig (or elsewhere for that matter) Evil or Very Mad

She certainly wasn't an Elbow fan judging by her behaviour and attempt at singing. she should have learnt the words first Laughing

The small crowd of people she was with talked through every song that wasn't on TSSK. I don't know why they bothered coming.

Hi Chris! That girl was really awful. To be honest the guy next to me did seem to be taking up a lot of room, but trying to physically force her way in between us for half of the gig was so so rude. I ignored her most of the time because being annoyed at her would have taken more of my attention away from Elbow, but somewhat difficult to do when she kept talking loudly in my ear about how stubborn the guy next to me was and that she was sorry for trying to push in (yeah right).

I stayed for a little while after everyone left too and saw her giving the security loads of trouble because she was trying to get back into the venue - supposedly to change her top, hah.

ANYWAY, it was lovely to meet you and Shirley and Olivia, hopefully see you at various assorted gigs in the future! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 16:50

sundaygirl wrote:
I absolutely can't wait for Blackpool. I wonder what he setlist will be like? I hope they throw a few curveballs...maybe even preview some new stuff....

I still can't believe I met Guy...and that I didn't fall to pieces. Wow.

Hey Olivia. Very Happy So glad you got to meet Guy, he's such a darling!! Did you get a hug? Very Happy

Soooo you're going to Blackpool eh... I'll see you there, we'll probably be the first in the queue again hehe. You going to any of the others? I'll be at Southend too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 16:55

Les Walkins wrote:
oooh yeh, forgot about mcgreggor - thatd top my list

I've been extremely lucky enough to see McGreggor twice - once at the Astoria in 2006 and again at Porchester Hall in Feb this year. In fact Porchester Hall was so small that we were literally right up against the stage and my friend and I sorta stole Guy's two drumsticks that he used for the song... so if anyone here listens to Finest Hour and remembers him complaining around Feb time that his drumsticks had been stolen... that was us. XD We felt so guilty after that and finally got to meet him at Delamere Forest and offered him his drumsticks back, and he said we could keep them with his blessing. I love you
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2008, 14:21

I saw McGreggor the first time I saw the band at the Cohesion concert at Plat Fields Park. That was a great gig!!

Oh Kim, that girl was so awful. Even if that guy and his weird wife were taking up a lot of room there was no excuse. If she wants to be in the front for a gig, then she can wait in the cold with the rest of us nutters and get her place fair and square, and not barge her way in. Psycho. I too was trying desperately to ignore her and keep out of her way cos I just wanted to enjoy the gig. Could you tell that they were annoying Guy? When they were shouting out "WONDERWALL!!" and "BLUEMOON!" and then started singing? I could see Guy was annoyed. Completely unacceaptable. WHY pay good money for a gig and then piss off the band and the rest of the audience? Why???? Everyone is there tio have a good time! Why do that? Why talk while the band are singing? I just don't get it.

LOL, no, I didn't hug Guy, I was too shy and trying to be cool. God, he is SUCH a sweetie!!!

Yes no doubt see you at Blackpool. Can't wait! It looks ilke such an amazing venue!!!

My lunch hour is over. Buyeee.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2008, 14:36

TamedLamia wrote:
Elbow have so much lovely songs that they should do their concerts like New Model Army did once, no opening act but with a break...
Good idea - though with I Am Kloot and Jesca Hoop as the support acts the last 2 times I saw them I'm not so sure... Wink

Quote :
@Glendarian: Whisper Grass...I'd love that one too. I think I even said backstage in Hamburg that I love that song and Mark reacted quite surprised and as it seemed happy about it...
Yay, sounds promising! Go for it lads!! Though I'd probably faint or something hehe. I haven't had chance to say, I'm so pleased for you at getting backstage TL, nice one.

SundayGirl and others - you have my sympathy - I hope it's third time lucky for me in March and I don't get gasbags chatting loudly behind me despite asking them to shut up. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2008, 14:59

sundaygirl wrote:
I saw McGreggor the first time I saw the band at the Cohesion concert at Plat Fields Park. That was a great gig!!

I was there too, was amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2008, 23:41

Glendarian wrote:
SundayGirl and others - you have my sympathy - I hope it's third time lucky for me in March and I don't get gasbags chatting loudly behind me despite asking them to shut up. Rolling Eyes

or as a friend of mine said of the third Roundhouse night:

"Did enjoy Roundhouse, but the noobs got on my ageing tits !!!" Razz

I wish that the intro music before they come on was 0ne of their b-sides/instrumentals playing.
It was 'Kisses' the once at Cambridge, and previous tours there has been 'Vum Garda' and 'Strangeways to Holcombe hill in 4.20' playing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2008, 19:49

hi all you lovely Elbow people, i'm really happy to have found this forum.
I too was at the dj set, and was surprised at finding people there not for Elbow.
I loved the cheesy music, but really I was only there for them. Kept wanting to go and say 'hello' but as nobody else seemed to I thought it wasn't the done thing. At the end I was gutted I'd not got to chat to them so my mate shouted 'oi Guy' and he came over and I got my hug and kiss and photo with the lovely man. Still smiling about it too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elbow Wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Wishlist   Elbow Wishlist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Wishlist
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next