elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Football

Go down 
+30
TamedLamia
ChrissieInFL
Skeletor
oneofthethree
Mr_K
Diaan
Cestriansteve
redliz2
ticky
Lillybef
nikkijaydee
Tailfly
My Bury Vest
bluefield
blackmissionary
Prestwich Red 143
posh steve
Grant
Jonny
Ted
Misspelt Yoof
ElbowFreak
leespoons
Leo
heshofcheese
Jones
MagicalTrevor
ChrissyBoy
Dabamash
chan
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2008, 12:39

Prestwich Red 143 wrote:
My team (FC United) fought back from 2-5 down to draw 5-5 against Cammel Laird. Amazing game Shocked
Sounds like it. I'm more impressed by the opposition team's name!
Back to top Go down
Prestwich Red 143
little beast
little beast
Prestwich Red 143

Number of posts : 62
Location : In the town where they know what I'm like and don't mind
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2008, 13:04

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
Prestwich Red 143 wrote:
My team (FC United) fought back from 2-5 down to draw 5-5 against Cammel Laird. Amazing game Shocked
Sounds like it. I'm more impressed by the opposition team's name!

Laughing

Cammell Laird is a place in Birkenhead, Merseyside. It is famous for shipbuilding and the football club is over 100 years old.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2009, 09:00

I'm off to Wembley. Come on you Spurs!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2009, 10:22

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
I'm off to Wembley. Come on you Spurs!

Sad Poor Misspelt Yoof...
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2009, 14:20

Prestwich Red 143 wrote:
Supported Manchester United from being a young child until 12th May 2005 when the Glazer parasites took control Evil or Very Mad I follow them from a distance now.

I am a founder member and season ticket holder at FC United of Manchester in the Unibond Prem cheers
Nice one im with you on that, havent had the FC experience yet tho
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Mar 2009, 06:58

Manchester City fan and very proud of it. Had a season ticket since I was 9 (28 years ago !), been there through the thin and thin.........lived in Whitefield, Manchester all my life and moved the mighty distance of 2 miles into Bury 2 years ago. Al this money that's been bestowed on me made me feel very uncomfortable initially, however, I'd love some success just to know what it feels like ! As long as prices stay pegged back.........witnessing another infuriating season watching The Blues !
Back to top Go down
blackmissionary
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Mar 2009, 02:11

blackmissionary wrote:
I am a fan of South Melbournre FC (nee South Melbourne Hellas) as someone who recently hit my blog from here has probably found out.

Season started last week, we lost 1-0 due to an awful own goal. It's ur 50tth anniversary this year and we play our biggest rivals at home tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://southmelbournefc.blogspot.com/
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 16:11

I'm a fan of the once mighty Leeds United... Hopefully we will win the playoffs and get promoted this year! Fingers crossed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 16:17

Tailfly wrote:
I'm a fan of the once mighty Leeds United... Hopefully we will win the playoffs and get promoted this year! Fingers crossed Very Happy

Snap. Though I try and keep it quiet these days!!
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 17:00

You should be proud that you supported them through the hard times! I know I am. So many people lost hope in Leeds, its good that there are still loads of loyal fans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 08:42

Blackburn Rovers supporter.
What a horrible season weve had, glad weve managed to stay up though
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 14:23

Played rather well yesterday Very Happy my team won 6-0, i got 2 of them Very Happy first time this season Rolling Eyes pity it was the last game of the season Razz In my defence, i'm consistently played out of position Razz i'm a striker, and they insist on playing me in defence Razz
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 18:00

F***king football.....

Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 19:51

I can see you're from Newcastle - I can feel your pain hesh.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 20:53

Thanks for that ticky, you're a Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 08:48

*puts on tin hat*

Man United fan here , went to my first match in 1971 fell in love with them, and have been a tad obsesed ever since Laughing

Be interesting to see how they react to the changes in the team in the coming season , and I still can't get my head round the Owen thing Shocked
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 08:44

The clue's in my username... I'm a Southampton fan. Not that there's much to be proud of at the moment. At least the club now has new owners and I can hopefully look forward to seeing the team I support make it's way back into the top flight and becoming the pride of Hampshire once more. The less said about P*rtsmouth, the better.
Back to top Go down
Ted
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Ted

Male Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 21:59

It was really warm in Portsmouth today but I heard it was like -10 in Southampton...Wink
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 13:08

Ted wrote:
It was really warm in Portsmouth today but I heard it was like -10 in Southampton...Wink

Funny, I've just heard the cold conditions may well be heading your way!
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 13:19

Anyone fancy setting up a board fantasy football league?
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 14:48

I would, if I knew what to do ... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Diaan
fallen angel
fallen angel
Diaan

Female Number of posts : 41

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 14:09

I'm not sure if this topic is meant for this kind of questions, but does anyone have any tips on how to get tickets to a Manchester United game? Man U - Manchester City to be more specific.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dianabroeders.nl
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 16:23

Diaan wrote:
I'm not sure if this topic is meant for this kind of questions, but does anyone have any tips on how to get tickets to a Manchester United game? Man U - Manchester City to be more specific.

Good luck with that! Twisted Evil
Do you know anyone who's a season ticket holder for either side, with spares, ..that's probs. your best bet.
As A Man U fan I've basically given up trying to get tickets for any of the big games ..it's virtually impossible Crying or Very sad and for the Derby they'll be like gold dust.
You could try some of the tout, I mean ticket agencies, but you'll pay well over the odds .I've been quoted over £200 for a game before now Evil or Very Mad
If it's a special event like a bithday/anniversary OT do these corporate packages that are hideously expensive but I suppose as one off you get your money's worth ie wined and dined,night in a 4* hotel, top seats at match , meet and greet with the players and a host to look after the group/give a talk during the meal,usually an ex star player.
Every xmas and birthday I drop large hints but so far none of my friends have have bought me one .... i wonder why Laughing
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 06:38

The Manchester Derby is in September and as a City season ticket holder with a lot of loyalty points I'll be OK to get one of the 3,000 that will be available in the away end. As Liz said it'll be virtually impossible if you're after one as a one off, say. Wouldn't disagree with anything of the above that Liz has stated.

Won't be a lot easier to bag tickets when United visit the boys in blue in April, either.
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 12:04

My Bury Vest wrote:
The Manchester Derby is in September and as a City season ticket holder with a lot of loyalty points I'll be OK to get one of the 3,000 that will be available in the away end. As Liz said it'll be virtually impossible if you're after one as a one off, say. Wouldn't disagree with anything of the above that Liz has stated.

Won't be a lot easier to bag tickets when United visit the boys in blue in April, either.

I love United to bits, but the ticket thing really winds me up, I hardly ever get to see them nowadays unless it's on telly, or the preseason things , League Cup etc Evil or Very Mad
I know I should be happy they are so popular, and so much revenue comes in, but still I envy peeps who support smaller clubs ,for want of a better word, that if they fancy going to the match can just turn up on the day Neutral
I'm a member of One United which is supposed to make things easier, yeah right Rolling Eyes but it does crack me up when they start pimping the League cup games, you must get half a dozen postcards asking you to buy tix Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Football
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: