elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow to take your questions...

Go down 
+8
Jonny
Jones
bluefield
Emma G
Tinwal
ElbowFreak
Grant
MagicalTrevor
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Elbow to take your questions... Empty
PostSubject: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Sep 2008, 18:43

NME's sister magazine, Uncut, is interviewing Elbow frontman Guy Garvey for their An Audience With... feature, and they're after your questions.

So, what do you ask a Mercury Prize-winning musician?

Have you spent the cheque yet?
What would be your ingredients for a cocktail called Grounds For Divorce?
Who would make your ideal leader of the free world?

Send your questions to uncutaudiencewith@ipcmedia.com by Friday, September 19.

Last edited by MagicalTrevor on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 15:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Sep 2008, 18:55

There's a cocktail called grounds for divorce, but you can only get it in glasgow, and i think it's £800s Razz
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 13:24

Hey MagicalTrevor. When will the magazine will be released? Can you PLEASE post the Q&As?
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 13:53

Oh, yes Very Happy please do Smile i have no money for magazines, saving for christmas, and spent reserves on going to see Elbow and Laura Marling Razz totally worth it, methinks Smile
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 21:26

No idea, I copied the info from here

http://www.nme.com/news/elbow/39642
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 17:16

The problem is that english magazins are very expencive over here and I would have to drive 100 km to get the mag. So it would be great if you could have a look at it.. maybe you'll find something! Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 17:59

Well, you only have to send the questions yourself via email, so you need to think of some Q's for Guy.

When the article is published, I'll do my best to get it and transcrbe it here.

If you do email a question, be sure to post it here as well!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 18:01

I e-mailed them already.
Q.: What was your last dream? (Yeah, I know it's simple but it's always interesting. I did this once on the Ronnie O'Sullivan site and he answered it!)
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 23:20

Who's on Bass?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008, 08:39

This is what I've sent in:

I'm a similar age to Guy and the rest of the band and in the last two years lost two very dear friends. The whole experience has drastically altered my outlook on life and my attitude re day to day living. Has Brian Glancey's death had a similar impact on the band and how has it affected your song writing?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008, 08:43

I just sent:

"How do you manage to stay down to earth, in the crazy world of Rock'n'Roll?"
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008, 08:47

Both really good questions,
Guy and the rest of the band seem to manage to keep it down to earth, mind you since the Mercury win they may insist on rose petals strewn in thier path and baths full of warm yaks milk and 20 gold humidifiers
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008, 09:53

bluefield wrote:
Guy and the rest of the band seem to manage to keep it down to earth, mind you since the Mercury win they may insist on rose petals strewn in thier path and baths full of warm yaks milk and 20 gold humidifiers

Well, don't they deserve it? lol!
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 18:08

They most certainly do Very Happy That'd be funny seeing someone walking in front of them sprinkling rose petals on the stage Razz
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 13:04

bluefield wrote:

Hehe, that did make me giggle. Very un-Elbow! But maybe it's about time they did something controversial. Wink
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 08:34

My question has been printed!!! Yay!!!!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 08:36

Brilliant! You may have to transcribe it, including the answer!
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 09:41

Thanks MT. You already have the question - see above - and I will type the reply over the course of the weekend. A|bout to leave for Manchester for tonight's gig. Best birthday EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 09:43

Happy Birthday, may see you there!

Might have to go and buy the mag myself in fact.
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 10:10

Go crazy! Treat yourself!!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 10:18

Looking back on the thread, it looks like I said I would and that I would transcribe it here myself!

So I have my work cut out for me today.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 04 Nov 2008, 08:42

Blimey there's a lot of it, and I have no scanner...here's hoping Uncut don't get me to pull this on copyright reasons.

STAR QUESTION: Guy, it was a memorable night watching you sing Chicago's "If You Leave Me Now" at a Guilty Pleasures gig. Now tell me your "innocent pain" : the record you should like, but don't? - Emily Eavis, promotor and organiser, Glastonbury Festival

Ah, this is a game that I sometimes play with Emily and her fella, Nick. My innocent pain is that I don't like Nirvana. With the exception of his version of "In The Pines". Hating Nirvana was a popular option before Kurt died, actually. His lyrics never rang true to me. And perhaps at the time, I was saving up for a guitar. And he used to smash his quite a bit, and that used to get on my tits.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 04 Nov 2008, 09:38

You sing "I've been working on a cocktail called Grounds For Divorce" on the song of that name. What would be in such a cocktail, if it existed? - Helen, Cambridge

Ginger Ale is the unsung hero of the cocktail hour. There's whisky and ginger, of course, but my good friend, Pete Jobson, from I Am Kloot, introduced me to tequila and ginger. Now I do urge you all to go Mexican. So the Grounds For Divorce would be tequila, ginger ale, slice of lime and plenty of ice. You won't regret it.

Last edited by MagicalTrevor on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 10:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 04 Nov 2008, 09:43

Have you ever been tempted to write a song about the old man who sits and stares into spacec at the Besses O' Th' Barn tram stop in Bury? Every Bury kid knoes him... - Tommy Hotpockets, Cork

I do know who you mean, actually. I've never written about him in particular, but there's another character in Bury called Bruno. He's this homeless guy that you see around a lot. I tried writing about him once but it sounded a bit too Ralph McTell for my liking. There's an urban myth common to every small town in the country, which is that there's a homeless guy who's actually a millionaire if only he could get off the booze. These myths occur because we can't deal with the fact that people are not living this way out of their choice.

Last edited by MagicalTrevor on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 10:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitimeTue 04 Nov 2008, 09:48

What's the last dream you remember? - Elli, Germany.

I had a horrible dream the other night. It was the day before I was on the Andrew Marr Show with the Prime Minister, so I was a bit anxious. And I had a dream that my girlfriend, Emma, was going to marry an older man for his money. They had an arrangement where I would stay on as her live-in lover, but he was going to consumate the marriage. So in my dream I'm saying, I'm sorry I can't do this, and I had to leave the woman I love. It was horrible and really gothic.

I was stirring and when I woke Emma asked what the matter was. I explained the dream to her, and how she'd married a man because of his money. And she pondered the scenario and said "Hmmm, did he have a swimming pool and cats?" I thinkshe thought it might not be a bad idea...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to take your questions...   Elbow to take your questions... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow to take your questions...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next