elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...

Go down 
+9
TamedLamia
Jonny
ChrissyBoy
fadeupyoursmile
chan
Dabamash
bluefield
Dikky
Leo
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Empty
PostSubject: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 09:47

now... as Elbow fans... we're all respectful people. so. no blatent name-calling or exxagerated insults ok!!

she is the most overrated, overpayed, overplayed, useless, difficult to listen to, foolish, stupid, unintelligent musician ever.

her voice isnt that great, shes awful live, her personal life is as good as gone, her husband is a criminal and yet we all still hero-worship her like shes some sorta godess of music to be remembered for years to come as a pivotal artiste... NO!

rant over... here comes the barrage of abuse Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Dikky
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 10:06

Yeh she's pretty crap like. And her little sidekick Mark Ronson ain't much better wither.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 10:07

she has a good voice in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 10:38

I agree. When she is on form, she is great to listen to. She just needs to sort her life out.
Back to top Go down
Dikky
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 11:35

She may have a good voice but i just don't like her songs at all.
Back to top Go down
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 12:34

I dont like her in thye slightest and cant get why people idolise her along with people like Pete Doherty.

and dont like Mark Ronson either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 13:35

The world would be a dull place if we all liked the same things all the time,
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 14:42

I saw an interview with her on Jonathon Ross, it was an old interview, from the Frank Era, and it was repeated on dave... She was beautiful, witty and intelegent, she had a real insight into the music she was writing and the insperation behind it, and when she proformed she was clear, note perfect and inspiring.
About 3 weeks later i saw the Glastonbury performance. That is not the same person. She shouldn't be idolised or ripped to pieces, she should be helped.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 14:57

great post Sarah, its evil stuff
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 17:01

Sarah wrote:
I saw an interview with her on Jonathon Ross, it was an old interview, from the Frank Era, and it was repeated on dave... She was beautiful, witty and intelegent, she had a real insight into the music she was writing and the insperation behind it, and when she proformed she was clear, note perfect and inspiring.
About 3 weeks later i saw the Glastonbury performance. That is not the same person. She shouldn't be idolised or ripped to pieces, she should be helped.

...see i told ya kids, the drugs don't work !
I think she has a sound that was a bit different from other stuff at the time, so got hyped too much.

I quite liked some of the Mark Ronson stuff, e.g the Lily Allen kaiser Chiefs cover was good
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 17:51

As is always the case, I don't give a fuck about her personal life. All I care about is her music, and her music is briliant. Back to Black is possibly my favourite album of 2006. And to top it off, Elbow's rendition of Back to Black was beautiful Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 18:42

ChrissyBoy wrote:
Sarah wrote:

...see i told ya kids, the drugs don't work !
I think she has a sound that was a bit different from other stuff at the time, so got hyped too much.

I quite liked some of the Mark Ronson stuff, e.g the Lily Allen kaiser Chiefs cover was good
Erm wasnt it the Verve who told us that many moons ago??? Hehehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 19:04

Back to black, Elbow style... As my mate said "Only elbow could make a metronome sexy"!!! Shame its no on youtube anymore!
I think she could have had a great future, but she's fallen in with a group of people who feed off of her fame, and ended up fucking herself,with no one to tell her to stop!
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 20:45

i dont think shes got a remotely good voice. DUFFY is far better. and shexier ;]

you cant understand amy mot of thee time
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 20:56

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil'm sorry. I'm not a "fan" of winehouse, i own non of her albums, but duffy walked through a door that Winehouse already opened, without the induviduality and flare that made Winehouse's output a cut above the average. Duffy is a 60's throw back. Winehouse had that something extra... weather she can reclaim that, that is the question.
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:01

ok fair-doos. but atleast duffy can hold a note without getting bored. and look at the music industry these days. are you trying to tell me that every artist is individula. its a scandal. duffy has only used that to her advantage.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:06

I think ( call me cynical) that record company's saw an opening for a Winehouse lite, in the same syle but minus the hassle and the pipe and were all looking to find and promote one.
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:07

exactly!!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:21

bluefield wrote:
I think ( call me cynical) that record company's saw an opening for a Winehouse lite, in the same syle but minus the hassle and the pipe and were all looking to find and promote one.
YES simmilar sound - the indivduality = lack of talent BUT TMF friendly...
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:40

bang on, nowt wrong with it but
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:44

bluefield wrote:
bang on, nowt wrong with it but
No offence, but i think there is a lot wrong with that.. Yes, the music scene now a days is very active, but it is not very induvidual, there is very little to tell one band from the other and nothing that smells like pasion or love for music or tallent. It may just me myh love for lyrics and wit, but i thin that is what a lot of mainstream music is missing now.
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:50

i totally agree sarah!!
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:58

I have my own very passionate views on music as we all have but to quote a great lyric " I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused " maybe it a combination of age and cynicism but I am able to filter out music as product that means nothing to my life be it Duffy or Saturday night pap on tele people like it good for them luckily I dont have to.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 22:00

Well, i don't listen to radio 1 or watch music tv much any more, so i avoid as much as possible!
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 22:01

we are all purists of music and we all filter out the shite. its the othere ppl who enjoy the horsecrap im annoyed with!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next