elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amy Winehouse RIP

Go down 
+4
My Bury Vest
NeonChoir
ElbowFreak
heshofcheese
8 posters
AuthorMessage
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul 2011, 17:28

Such a tragic waste of a young talent.

Guy's comments before this are how people should remember her

Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul 2011, 18:24

What a great singer.
Another artist who joined the 27 Club. :-/
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul 2011, 19:51

Yep, I've heard about this. It's really unfortunate, especially since I liked her music. Sad
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul 2011, 21:18

I too think it's sad - some great songs on Back To Black - my heart though goes out to his Dad, Mitch and her Mum if she is alive, can't recollect her name. Mitch though has tried so hard to get her outta the slump she's been on for some time.

Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jul 2011, 21:40

Why does this Club 27 gets again and again new members? Sad Will they ever learn? Why don't they orient themselfs to good ol' John Lee Hooker? He is a legend and reached a good age...poor silly Amy, you could have done better... No
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jul 2011, 11:42

as always a tragic waste of young life
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 20:06

Amy Winehouse RIP Nme-ne10

Haven't read the NME for years, but saw their Amy memorial edition today and the articles were crisply written, grounded but heartfelt takes on who she really was. Refreshingly, there was no sign of overly-sentimental pish or sensationalist tabloid fodder. One other thing that caught my eye was Guy's to-the-point tribute:

"Amy and I weren't close but we ran into each other at many significant points in our careers. I found her to be warm, shy, incredibly hard working and ultimately a very lovely girl. The word soul is tossed around in music and has come to mean slick, cheesy, formulated and easy on the ear but Amy put so much of her sweet complicated, troubled and romantic self into that amazing music that she reclaimed the word. Amy only ever sang her soul. I hope we can focus now on the music she has left us and not the details of her personal life. To those who tried so hard to rob her of her dignity, you failed." - Guy Garvey
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 14:56

We were on holiday in the UK when she passed and were actually staying in Camden, near her home, the week before her death. All I could think about was how her parents must have suffered, and that was brought home when I read the words her dad spoke at her service. God, it's awful to think about losing a child like that - grown-up though she was, she was their baby and I can't imagine losing my own daughter at such an age. Not to mention the suffering they did while watching her many struggles in recent years. I'm not religious, but I am hoping for some peace and comfort to come their way now. And as for Amy herself, what a shame and what a waste. She was truly gifted, and it's the world's loss that she let the demons get the better of her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amy Winehouse RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse RIP   Amy Winehouse RIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse RIP
Page 1 of 1