elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Multi-tracks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
13th Earl
newborn
newborn
13th Earl

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 15:38

I'm a very amateur musician and also like to have a go at re-mixing tunes that are available as multi-tracks. Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead and Peter Gabriel have all to varying degrees allowed their work to be re-interpretated. Having noted that those in and close to Elbow visit here i was wondering and hoping if there were any plans to do something similar? A competition perhaps(as run by Gabriels' Real World studio).
I know, I know, you can't beat the originals,who would want to? but just for a bit of fun? Mirroball and The Fix spring to mind as possible songs that may work.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 16:35

interesting you say multi tracks , how many tracks and what format do they come in for Muse ,Radiohead etc
Back to top Go down
13th Earl
newborn
newborn
13th Earl

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 17:28

Tracks are available to download in either a zipped file or torrent some give you the choice of WAV files or for a specific programme eg garageband.The amount of tracks varies song to song. I was not a big fan of Nine Inch Nails but visited their website out of curiosity regarding multitracks and i must say for those who are into 're-mixing' it's a great place to go...loads of tunes,all free, to do as you may...it also led me to check out out some of their other work. So, if promoted,It's a good way of introducing a bands music to a wider audience and also gives those who are already into the band insight into how the songs are put together and in my case try to be the the next FatBoy Slim Embarassed
I know with a lot of Elbows songs they are best left alone but I've recently been listening to the b sides of a few of the older singles which featured re-mixes...Ribcage and Fallen Angels worked for me so in the hope that those in the know.... well yer know!!
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 19:33

yeah, there seem to be more and more of these multitracks available. The Foals competition on last.fm is another one that springs to mind - I've seen Bloc Party multitracks before as well as the ones used in the game Rock Band. They're usually mono wav or flac files, one for each channel for each instrument (i.e. two guitar tracks, one for left and one for right, etc.)

I'd love to get hold of some Elbow multitracks, if only to work out how they put the music back together after it's been recorded. However I don't know how the band would feel about talentless mashup artists like myself spoiling their music by mixing it with Glenn Medeiros or Showaddywaddy.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 20:15

Glenn Medeiros or Showaddywaddy the mind boggles ha ha
Back to top Go down
13th Earl
newborn
newborn
13th Earl

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 20:41

What have I started Shocked

First person to mash The Hoff with Elbow wins a prize affraid
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 08:49

Well I've already mixed them with Radiohead, The Supremes and Dizzee Rascal (not in the same mashup I hasten to add)... and there was another mash by Hi-brid that mixed 'Grounds for Divorce' with Frankie Goes To Hollywood!
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 10:54

I heard the frankie one I thought it worked quite well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Multi-tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi-tracks   Multi-tracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multi-tracks
Page 1 of 1