elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guy at Glasto

Go down 
+21
erasure
CC001
Misspelt Yoof
lucky with disease
butterfingersbimbo
TamedLamia
mrswoman
ukkonen
fadeupyoursmile
Calum
SeldomSeenSimon
leespoons
Topaz
Garvey's Beard
al
Bad Ambassador
ChrissyBoy
Hotblack
josephblack
Trains Are...Mint
MagicalTrevor
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 11:17

Aw...just edited my post because I found the link of MrsWoman...

really pity about the fags... No
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
butterfingersbimbo
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 15:13

Thanks for the link!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 17:01

Really hope the 30 mins glasto set stays on the BBC site till at least tomorrow...have to go out right now, so havnt time to look yet.
I too had probs with getting it on the red button.

Thanks for doing the youtube clips Mrs Woman...will look at them later too Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 17:53

lucky with disease wrote:
Really hope the 30 mins glasto set stays on the BBC site till at least tomorrow...have to go out right now, so havnt time to look yet.I too had probs with getting it on the red button.

Thanks for doing the youtube clips Mrs Woman...will look at them later too Smile

My pleasure! Very Happy I'll carry on uploading the other numbers from the half-hour set so just check back.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 18:11

Thanks MrsWoman, the big set on the BBC website broke my computer... twice!!!!
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 19:55

iPlayer breaks one of the PCs at work. Weird.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 20:00

Most things nice break this computer!!!!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2008, 22:39

Ok folks, all Glasto vids up now and can be found here. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jul 2008, 17:20

Cheers ! Cool
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jul 2008, 19:38

Great! Thank you. Cool
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jul 2008, 09:46

TSSK will climb over 40 places back into the top 20 on the strength of the performance on the Other Stage according to the BBC.
Back to top Go down
CC001
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jul 2008, 11:39

www.pollthepeople.com are holding a poll to dtermine the best Glasto performance form 2008, Elbow are at number 2 behind Jay Z at the moment.....woohooo!
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jul 2008, 18:16

They've now overtaken Jay-Z.

But are behind the Verve. Boo!
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jul 2008, 19:08

Now tied with the Verve at 22%
Back to top Go down
erasure
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jul 2008, 19:09

Is anybody else getting this error when they try to play the BBC videos?

"This content isn't available at the moment."

I fear the BBC is discriminating against non-UK users... I can't watch any of their interviews, either!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jul 2008, 20:37

Erm, don't think so. I am in Ireland and it seems to sort of just come and go... Keep trying! confused
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 07:04

Don't let you confuse with that "content not available", just wait a bit and the video starts. Don't know WHAT content is not avalable...
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 10:11

Ahaaaa! Well, patience was never my strongest point! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dave F.
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 19:35

Hi All

I was there for this gig, & I have to say this is one of the best Glastonbury sets I've ever seen (been going since '83).
Truely great sound/weather/crowd.
One Day Like This kept people singing & clapping all the way through. The BBC footage never quite capture the moshpit atmosphere. There's some hand held stuff which gives a better impression, but is probably a bit more wobbly!

Check out Mr. Cohen's vids on YouTube as well - another truly awesome performance.

As Guy said in an interview, Glastonbury is the best party in the world. I bow down to the great man that is Michael Eavis.

Cheers
Dave F.
Back to top Go down
Robeman
little beast
little beast
Robeman

Male Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 11:38

Excellent!! Cheers for the links everybody Very Happy

Hahaha....that pink cello player just makes me laugh Razz Does she even play a note during One day like this?? Looks like she's just standing there pissed as hell and having a blast...jealous? hell yeh! I could have done that Wink
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 13:38

Dave F. wrote:

One Day Like This kept people singing & clapping all the way through. The BBC footage never quite capture the moshpit atmosphere. There's some hand held stuff which gives a better impression, but is probably a bit more wobbly!

Lucky enough to be right at the front. Only downside is you don't see the crowd's reaction (even if you can hear it) so good to see the tv footage. One thing the cameras wouldn't have captured was long after the band had left the stage when the crowd spontaneously started signing One Day Like This. Never experienced that before!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 17:09

Robeman wrote:
Hahaha....that pink cello player just makes me laugh Razz Does she even play a note during One day like this?? Looks like she's just standing there pissed as hell and having a blast...jealous? hell yeh! I could have done that Wink

Lollers. Guy mentioned (must've been) her on the Finest Hour this week, saying how they'd asked the string lasses who else they knew played & would be at Glasto. It's not word-for-word, but the jist was, not knowing who or how many would turn up, 14 players arrived plus one very "wasted" lass, having a go but - ahem - enjoying herself too much to worry about the actual notes... Very Happy

If you're out there Mystery Strings Lady, kudos to you anyway 'cos I'd love to be up on stage with the lads, whether playing or not!
Now if the Flaming Lips can have fans on stage dressed up as aliens and Santas to add to the show, I wonder if Elbow would have a go... Craig?
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 17:31

I'm sure I recognised at least one "Geoff" from the RFH fan choir, up there with the strings section.

Quote :
One thing the cameras wouldn't have captured was long after the band had left the stage when the crowd spontaneously started signing One Day Like This. Never experienced that before!

First time I was part of a big crowd singing an Elbow song spontaneously after they had left the stage at a big outside 'do' was "No000h I won't forget you, but I'll forget myself if the city will forgive me...." was almost exactly two years ago at Somerset House, 2006...the whole gig was filmed, but as it was label change time, etc it has never been released.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 18:37

mrswoman wrote:
Robeman wrote:

Lollers. Guy mentioned (must've been) her on the Finest Hour this week, saying how they'd asked the string lasses who else they knew played & would be at Glasto. It's not word-for-word, but the jist was, not knowing who or how many would turn up, 14 players arrived plus one very "wasted" lass, having a go but - ahem - enjoying herself too much to worry about the actual notes... Very Happy

I was going to say that too!! Made me laugh, as its the kind of thing i'd do!!!!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 20:44

Must be my age but totally forgot about that. The thing I remember most from the Somerset House gig was Guy talking about the naval history of the venue and how he came from a long line of seamen Wink Carry on Guy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guy at Glasto   Guy at Glasto - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guy at Glasto
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next