elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow in new movie trailer

Go down 
+3
Hotblack
ChrissieInFL
ukkonen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Elbow in new movie trailer Empty
PostSubject: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 00:58

Last year, Elbow appeared in the movie trailer and on the soundtrack for Southland Tales with 'Forget Myself', but now they've made it into a trailer for an upcoming film. I have no idea if they will appear on the soundtrack as well, but 'Grounds for Divorce' can be heard during the first portion of the Coen brothers' film Burn After Reading trailer. The trailer can be viewed here, but the unfortunate thing is that you need to have iTunes in order to preview the trailer at all because you have to download it through the program. I realize that not everyone can view the trailer, so here's to hoping that it will show up on youtube soon.

Here's the plot summary copied and pasted from wikipedia:
Quote :
John Malkovich will play Ozzie Cox, a CIA vet who is fired because he is an alcoholic. He takes his revenge by writing some inflammatory memoirs. Cox's soon-to-be ex-wife Katie (Tilda Swinton) steals the disc containing his memoirs and accidentally leaves it at the gym where it is found by a trainer Chad Feldheimer (Brad Pitt) and the gym's owner Linda Litzke (Frances McDormand) who believe they can use the info to blackmail Cox.

Harry Pfarrer (George Clooney) is an oversexed, fanatically fit, lactose-intolerant federal marshall, who is sleeping with Cox's wife. He meets Linda via an online dating service and gets entangled in the blackmail scheme, when he stumbles across Chad breaking into his and Katie's house.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 02:50

Thanks for this post...looks good! Love the Coens, love Malkovich, and definitely love the fact that Elbow are being featured this way. Film's not out till September, so if they are on the soundtrack, I guess it'll be a while yet before the band see any result from it...hope the exposure brings in some new converts!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 07:18

cheers The Coens and Elbow. Hurrah and Huzzah!!!! Laughing

Looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
josephblack
friend of ours
friend of ours
josephblack

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 09:04

Couldn't have asked for better associations...

Elbow on the up.

Proper.
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 11:36

Excellent. *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 12:18

Thanks for that, and congrats to the band for getting some royalties for this.

Coens are top! and what a cast as well. Brad Pitt is, when he wants to be, a fine actor.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 12:30

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Coens are top! and what a cast as well. Brad Pitt is, when he wants to be, a fine actor.

Agreed on both counts, MT. I used to dislike Brad Pitt just on general principle (thought he was too celebrated for his looks, and I generally have a problem with guys who look as if they use more styling products than I do). But he has taken on some glam-free roles, even some really oddball ones, and done a great job with 'em (12 Monkeys is one of my fave Pitt flicks), so I have grudgingly come to accept him as an actor and not just a pretty face. And in a film like this, which looks to be a black comedy, I think he might do a really good job.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 12:34

Yeah 12 Monkeys was endeared me to him, great performance, though it was JUST before his big break in Se7en, so he wasn't quite so famous then. But films like Fight Club show that he can pull it out of the bag when he needs to.

I've never seen Mr & Mrs Smith but it looks awful...

Oops, straying off topic again.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 12:35

Sounds really good, love the Coen brothers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow in new movie trailer   Elbow in new movie trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow in new movie trailer
Page 1 of 1