elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow Empty
PostSubject: Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow   Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow Icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012, 00:04

I felt the need to start this topic after a discussion I had with one of the band directors I work with. (I'm student teaching in a school at the moment.)

I had my laptop up and running, and I have a picture of Guy as my desktop. One of the directors walked in and asked me who that was. I told her it was the frontman of Elbow. The director who I was originally talking to before this happened looked at me strangely and said, "Elbow?" I nodded in response, and he just sat and looked at me like, "OK."

Anyway, that conversation prompted me to put on some Elbow music. I don't remember what song it was (I think it was "Red"), but it triggers this conversation.

Mr. S: "So this is that guy from Elbow singing right now?"
Me: "Yuh-huh."
Mr. S: "...He sounds like Dave Matthews."

I was dumbfounded upon hearing that. Knowing how Dave Matthews sounds, I was baffled.

Anyway, that's my bit for today. Does anyone else have any stories they want to share?
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow   Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow Icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012, 16:34

I agree with you. He doesn't sound like Dave (I also listen to them)... Strange. :/

People keep telling me that Guy looks old. "Nice", ey? When I tell them his age they are really surprised. I don't think he looks older than he is.
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow   Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 23:43

^ I don't, either. But then again, I've always been terrible with tellling people's ages.
Back to top Go down
Some Rioter
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow   Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2012, 23:41

"that Guy Garvey bloke looks like a plumber"
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow   Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2012, 10:04

Some Rioter wrote:
"that Guy Garvey bloke looks like a plumber"
Funny you should say that, there's a plumber in Bury called Alan Garvey. He's even on the interwebz, look him up.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow   Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2012, 17:42

The other day a friend of ours (who I thought didn't mind Elbow) came out with "Elbow? Aren't they all about 50?" ...which was weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow   Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny/Weird Comments You've Heard About Elbow
Page 1 of 1