elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weird Dreams

Go down 
+5
ChrissyBoy
NeonChoir
leespoons
Mr_K
My Bury Vest
9 posters
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 07:41

Well,

Mine last night was bizarre.......

It started when I was online last night looking for gig pictures of Manchester Cathedral as I'm off to see Beach House there next week .....anyway, saw some awesome Mystery Jets gig pics - it looks an incredible venue.

Well, no sooner had the sleeping tablets been dropped......

We were in the venue awaiting Beach House to come on.....then Elbow came onstage to near silence from the attendees, they played a couple of new tunes from their forthcoming album, which mostly was Guy jumping up and down on a piano and playing in a rather 'Les Dawson fashion'....anyway, the crowd had now reversed their mindset - it went down a storm !

After that, Mr My Bury Vest was down the front awaiting Beach House......they came onstage but the singer wasn't Victoria Legrand but a good lookalike - after 2 songs though, the restless crowd had sussed what was going on and starting launching pints, bottles the lot - anyway, the band departed, only to come back on with a worse lookalike, who had short hair drinking from a bottle of Blossom Hill ! Cue more rioting and more people leaving the venue.....

Anyway, I stuck around, and again they came back on after earlier doging the cans again - this time it was the real Victoria, and she was wearing a Phantom Of The Opera mask - and she and the band sang the whole of 'Teen Dream' to a captivated audience of one.....it was lush.

Anyone had any similar dreams or should I just hand myself into the local mental hospital now ?
Back to top Go down
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 08:49

I dreamt that Silva slid a slide rule pass through to Tevez in the last minute of injury time, he shoots wide but Gary Neville gets a toe on it and diverts it past Van Der Saar. 1-0 City. Final whistle goes...

...I wake myself up with my celebrations. The disappointment that it is only a dream is compounded by the fact that I also woke Mrs K, who ain't happy and belts me one!

Nowt to do with music, but a genuine dream nonetheless. I sadly have no powers of prophecy.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 09:05

Mr_K wrote:
I dreamt that Silva slid a slide rule pass through to Tevez in the last minute of injury time, he shoots wide but Gary Neville gets a toe on it and diverts it past Van Der Saar. 1-0 City. Final whistle goes...

...I wake myself up with my celebrations. The disappointment that it is only a dream is compounded by the fact that I also woke Mrs K, who ain't happy and belts me one!

Nowt to do with music, but a genuine dream nonetheless. I sadly have no powers of prophecy.

Now that is one dream I would happily see come true mate ! I won't spoil the karma of this board by talking about Neville.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 16:54

I once dreamt that I'd joined Elbow as their drummer and was trying (and failing) to play Any Day Now.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 16:55

My Bury Vest wrote:
they played a couple of new tunes from their forthcoming album, which mostly was Guy jumping up and down on a piano and playing in a rather 'Les Dawson fashion'....

I'd buy that for a dollar!
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 16:17

Question: Is this thread strictly limited to weird dreams concerning Elbow, or could they be just weird dreams in general?
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 18:05

in the Neighbourhood section - anything goes...
the weirder the better lol
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 18:42

OK. Cool.

I once had one involving Muse. We were sitting in the living room of my deceased grandmother's house, which I haven't been to since she died when I was 12. They were interviewing me, not the other way around. Chris Wolstenholme starts having a giggle fit, and I ask him what's so funny. He says something to me (I don't remember what), and we start bantering. Eventually, we end up play-wrestling on the floor while Matt Bellamy and Dominic Howard are cheering us on.

That's only one of many examples of weird dreams I've had.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 12:52

Oh, we are not even going to get anywhere near that one I had with Tom Waits playing basketball against my friend Teddy in my high school gym. No sir, we are not... Suspect
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 17:50

^ Can you at least tell us who won? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 11:25

Ok... here's another one.
I'm U2 fan for 10 years now... But years before I became fan, when I was a child I dreamt of them. It was probably destiny. :-)
Well... my familiy had a farm back then aaaand in my dreams they played a concert in our hayloft. *LOL*
I was fan before I really became one! Very Happy Not bad, ey?!
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011, 16:17

OK, so somehow, I'm walking around in a huge mall. I have no idea where, as it's bigger than any mall I've ever seen in real life. Anyway, I'm walking around aimlessly and admiring how big it is when this woman who knows me says, "Oh my gosh! Violet, is that you?" I say, "Yes," and she goes berserk and hugs me and all this other stuff while talking at the speed of light. I don't know this woman, as I've never seen her in my life, but somehow, I'm very good at pretending that I do, and she takes me to the biggest FYE I've ever seen in my life. She tells me that she works here, and she could do me a lot of favors if I were interested. Intrigued, we keep talking when I spot one of her co-workers randomly lying down on this random burgundy couch. I spazz and say, "OMG, if you were thinner, you'd look just like Matt Berninger!" He casually says, "I know, right?" He gets up off the couch, and we start hitting it off really well.

That's when I woke up this morning. o.O

Yeah. This dream was just...random.
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 09:33

I've had many weird dreams but one that sticks in the mind was the one where we were in the market for a new house and the estate agent showing us around was no other than Jonathan Frakes. Don't ask me why as I have no idea and I felt very guilty as we couldn't afford to buy any of them. We just wanted to snoop around.
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 16:23

Has anyone had any of those dreams where the characters morph into completely different people? It seems that I keep having dreams like that lately... o.O
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 08:23

I have morphing dreams from time to time like the person of a film suddenly beeing me... affraid

Last night I had a whole bunch of HAPPY DREAMS (happens not often Neutral ) and one of them was a video version of Guy's "It wos moider" featuring pink and black penguins being chased away and a sea of balloons bursting when he (and Jimi Goodwin!) said: "It wos Mooooider!!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 19:18

Last night's dream. I can't even.

OK, so I was auditioning for "America's Got Talent," in which I was singing. In the dream, I didn't sound like I do when I sing at all. I was singing like a classical-pop crossover artist, and I don't know what song I was singing. I'd never heard it before until that dream. Anyway, instead of doing what they normally do (y'know, talking about your performance and voting on it), Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel left to go do something else (I have no idea), and Piers went up on-stage. He smiled at me, told me that I did an amzing job, and hugged me. Then, he gave me this photo with this sneaky look on his face and walked away. Confused, I turned the photo over, and on the back, it said that I'd have to meet him at a certain location the following night to determine my fate on the show.

...Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weird Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Dreams   Weird Dreams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird Dreams
Page 1 of 1