elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bones of Gershwin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Burgundy
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-12

The Bones of Gershwin Empty
PostSubject: The Bones of Gershwin   The Bones of Gershwin Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 00:04

After relistening to The Bones of You, I noticed that the lounge music at the very end is in fact a rather lovely version fo "Summertime", played on muted trumpet and accompanied by what sounds like a mandolin or possible a ukelele. I was wondering; anyone know who perfomed this and if I can get a copy of the original recording from somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of Gershwin   The Bones of Gershwin Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 14:20

Hi Burgundy. I might be wrong, but I've a feeling it could actually be Craig, Jupp and the session trumpeter mentioned in the album credits rather than it being, say, sampled from an existing recording.

Wouldn't a sampled artist get credited as well as the composer of the music? In the absence of such a credit in the sleevenotes, it could be inferred that members of the band and their associates played the piece.
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of Gershwin   The Bones of Gershwin Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 20:13

The Gershwin Estate charged the band 20% of all the monies made on The Bones of You,for the use of that small segment, a bit steep me thinks........
They found out soon after that another 6 months and Summertime would have been out of copyright and totally free to use.
Typical eh?
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of Gershwin   The Bones of Gershwin Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 10:12

Not sure but I think I read somewhere, that it was a street musician playing Summertime...

Yea, typical Elbow-Badluck with the copyright... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of Gershwin   The Bones of Gershwin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bones of Gershwin
Page 1 of 1