elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere

Go down 
+3
ChrissyBoy
ElbowFreak
MagicalTrevor
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Empty
PostSubject: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 12:48

The next single to be taken from the Mercury Prize nominated album 'The Seldom Seen Kid' is flawless epic 'The Bones Of You'.

The single - released on September 29th - will be exclusively available as an iTunes download bundle featuring the album version of the song, plus a very special recording of 'The Bones Of You' from the band's celebratory performance at the Manchester Academy. 

Stay tuned for download links in the very near future. For those of you who can't wait - click here to buy the album version of the song now.

NME.com will exclusively premiere Elbow's new video for 'The Bones Of You' today (Monday 8th September).

Click here to visit NME.com, sign-up and watch the video now.

You can also vote for the video on MTV2's Myspace Chart - click here now to cast your vote for Elbow.

Last edited by MagicalTrevor on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 03:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 17:24

Nice vid. Although I think it should have been more on the lyrics. Don't ask me how I would have done it.... but you know... with lyrics like "and i'm five years ago and 3000 miles away" it could have been more! Rolling Eyes Anyway... it's elbow.. so it's great! *LOL*
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 17:57

...maybe the sentiment is that he is no longer 3000miles away, so far removed from it and lonely in a dark place, reminiscing of his lost love, melancholy like.

This song also reminds me of fugitive motel for some reason, maybe because that was about five years ago and on the other side of the world. Bones of You is almost a prequel on some fronts, perhaps him remembering before he had to leave and become the fugitive - and now getting on with his life

or its probably just my weird interpretation drunken

Last edited by ChrissyBoy on Tue 09 Sep 2008, 18:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 17:59

ChrissyBoy wrote:

This song also reminds me of fugitive motel for some reason, maybe because that was about five years ago and on the other side of the world.

My thought!!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 18:02

It's also track three on the album Thumbs Up!

(see previous post somewhere about pure coincidences, think it was friday the thirteenth on the neighbourhood threads)
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 18:34

No, it's not, it's track two Wink
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 18:44

Grant! You should post this pic on the site. The pics are not my type in here! :-)
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 18:45

Sorry, I'm confused, what pic? :S Razz my pic?
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 18:54

Your avatar!!! Smile
Or we should write to MagicTrevor. We need other avatars!!!
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 18:56

lol! i got mine from alltheweb Wink you can add your own, can't you? two secs, and i'll post the link on this Razz http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1535000/images/_1538521_elbow_150.jpg

There you are Smile
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 19:31

Tut tut Ef, you must be super lazy not to do a brief google surf for Elbow pics. 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere 20080413163335_elbow
theres one 4 ya!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 19:59

Dabamash wrote:
Tut tut Ef, you must be super lazy not to do a brief google surf for Elbow pics. 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere 20080413163335_elbow
theres one 4 ya!

Contender for cover of next album - bet Oliver is worried now Wink
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeTue 09 Sep 2008, 21:15

Dabamash wrote:
theres one 4 ya!

Oh wow... i am terrified!
Problem is copyright... Normally you can't use every pic you find on the net!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008, 10:24

Grant wrote:
No, it's not, it's track two Wink

Yes, you are quite correct. I am officially a numpty and don't know my arse from my Elbow !
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008, 14:42

Haha Razz you made up for it by making me giggle Razz
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008, 20:48

Does anyone know if it's only coming out as a download from I-Tunes?
I personally like to buy 'hard-copies': CD's, vinyl.
They had the special offer packs (1 CD + 2 Vinyl singles) for the other 2 releases and would love to get that for 'Bones' as well...
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 18:44

If only I had money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a job Sad "It's not a job to do today." I think I'll take their advice Smile
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 20:12

Jones wrote:
Does anyone know if it's only coming out as a download from I-Tunes?
I personally like to buy 'hard-copies': CD's, vinyl.
They had the special offer packs (1 CD + 2 Vinyl singles) for the other 2 releases and would love to get that for 'Bones' as well...

That's my problem too. I love having a CD in my hands looking throught the booklet, reading the lyrics and reading the credits, thanks and stuff.

I was and never will be the downlowding type of person... So when Elbow release their next album only on iTunes it's gonna be a problem for me!! Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 20:20

GuyFreak wrote:

I was and never will be the downlowding type of person... So when Elbow release their next album only on iTunes it's gonna be a problem for me!! Sad Crying or Very sad

That will be the time when you will have a fantastic excuse to buy on of apple's lovely new iPods. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 20:29

Dabamash wrote:
GuyFreak wrote:

That will be the time when you will have a fantastic excuse to buy on of apple's lovely new iPods. Very Happy

Nothing against Elbow (never anything against them) but I won't buy an Ipod just because of them!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 20:32

I personally hate all things apple, but I bought the Nano "fatty", just cos I thought it was so nicely designed. Actually, I have no complaints about it, but I would still never buy and Iphone/macbook.

(This is getting off topic again isn't it?)
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 20:34

Dabamash wrote:

(This is getting off topic again isn't it?)

Yeah it is! *LOL* Guess we should write Elbow personally. They have to release the next album (well every album that will be released - hopefully A LOT) on CD!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 20:35

Viva La CD!
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 20:37

Is this the start of the revolution? Razz
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 20:37

Hell yes! cheers Thumbs Up! drunken

Last edited by Dabamash on Thu 11 Sep 2008, 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere   'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Bones Of You' - Release Date and Video Premiere
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next