elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes

Go down 
+13
Icen
imalittlebeast
allyngibson
Kiresg
Fancy Pants
Jones
emma
MagicalTrevor
HattyMarris
My Bury Vest
Dano
ticky
Kay
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 19:48

I'll give you a tenner for it! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kay
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 20:07

Kiresg wrote:
I'm totally into it. Sure, compared to the Elbow we now know and love, it's crap--but from an non-biased perspective, this is some pretty enjoyable generic funk.

In any case, Kay, since this cassette IS the band that eventually became Elbow, I'd say it's worth quite a bit. Probably in the realm of how much a copy of the Noisebox EP would sell for. Might even go for more than a copy of Noisebox since this is probably two or three times rarer.

Cheers for that - I've not been able to find out what it's worth as I can't find it mentioned anywhere at all. Don't want to sound greedy, but we've got it on mp3 and if a dedicated fan wants it, I'd obviously like to get as much as possible cos like everyone else, we're pretty broke! Laughing

The only place I can think of putting it is ebay, but again - I'd rather have an idea of its worth before putting a price on it - especially as it'd be typical to sell it to someone and they then put it up for sale for much more! Am undecided - anyone know of anywhere that'd be able to value it? Most sites I've seen only go for vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Kay
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 20:09

ticky wrote:
I'll give you a tenner for it! Wink

Yeah, go on then....

*fingers crossed behind back*

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bright Grey
fallen angel
fallen angel
Bright Grey

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 00:44

Thanks for the uploads. It's interesting to hear, but once is probably enough for me...

As for the value of the tape, well it's probablly difficult to value without actually testing the market as its existence is almost unknown and perhaps there's never been one offered for sale before.

The last copy of Noisebox I remember seeing on ebay a few years ago went for around £350 which was a lot more than previous copies - probably because there was now much more interest and also the copy for sale had a good provenance (wasn't a fake), and was one of the 50 numbered copies. Having said that, most of Noisebox has since been released on the Asleep In the Back Missed Opportunity edition which may have affected the value of the original, but until the next one comes up for sale there's no way of telling.

My advice would be to contact a shop like Vinyl Exchange in Manchester www.vinylexchange.co.uk or maybe Action Records in Preston www.actionrecords.co.uk and ask them. But if they (Vinyl Exchange) were to buy it from you they'd probably then sell it on ebay themselves, as it was them that were selling the aforementioned Noisebox CD. But you might get an idea of a reserve value.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/SeldomSeenVid
Kay
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 15:47

"Copyrighted work identified
Our automatic content protection system has detected that your upload "NooneWantsToListen" may contain copyrighted content. As a result, we have paused the upload of your audio for the time being.

If you are the original creator of the audio in all its parts, or have obtained all necessary licenses and permissions to upload and share this content, please contact us using the form below."

Have written and told them that the track is not copyrighted and was never released and is not for sale anywhere. Told them there's no copyright on the cassette or cover. Didn't mention Elbow at all though...

Back to top Go down
Kay
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 16:13

"Hi there, ThePorcupine,

this is Melanie from SoundCloud writing. I'm getting in touch because we've received a report about some uploaded material allegedly infringing somebody else's copyright:

http://soundcloud.com/theporcupine/noonewantstolisten

If you don't own the rights to this/these track(s) or don't have the permission from the artist, label or rights holder to upload, publish and distribute the material, this content cannot be hosted on SoundCloud.

In the meantime, the material has been hidden. Please get back to us within 2 working days if you have the correct permissions before we delete the material permanently. If you feel like this report has been sent by mistake, it would be great if you could provide us with any documents in your possession that show these permissions. Feel free to upload your own music anytime and please don't hesitate to contact me for further information.

For reference:
Our terms of use: http://soundcloud.com/terms-of-use
Our Community Guidelines: http://soundcloud.com/community-guidelines

Best regards,

Melanie
SoundCloud"

Hi there Melanie

I'm pretty certain this doesn't infringe copyright - it's an MP3 of a home
made cassette tape that was never for sale and never released. It's not on
any label and I only uploaded it because it's unavailable in any other
format. I've attached the photo of the cassette tape it was taken from,
which was made back in 1993 and the studio mentioned is no longer in
operation. There's no copyright information on the cassette or cover and as
I said, the songs were never released or available commercially, in any
format at all - these songs were never put on any other release. If
necessary, I could probably get the permission of the artist but didn't
think it would be an issue as it's not under copyright or on any record
label.

Thanks for your help
Kay
Back to top Go down
Kay
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 17:09

Reply - are TRC Management to do with Elbow?

Hi Kay,

Thanks for your feedback. Please understand that its not up to us to decide whether a takedown claim is valid or not. By legal regulation we are obliged to act on content being reported as infringing others' copyright. We received the takedown notification by Rebecca Rowaichi (TRC Management; beck@trcmanagement.com). Please get directly in touch with her to resolve the case.

Thanks and best regards,
Melanie
SoundCloud
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 17:21

So get fingers crossed you won't get in trouble... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 17:40

Kay wrote:
Reply - are TRC Management to do with Elbow?

Yes. They also represent Thirteen Senses, Young Knives, and Jonathan Jeremiah, three bands I've never heard of.

What's surprising to me is that there's a lot of Elbow up on SoundCloud. Why those tracks would stay but these would garner notice seems almost inexplicable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
Kay
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 19:29

May be worth asking - I wonder if the band don't actually want this stuff out and available as it's not their best stuff by any means?
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 20:27

When I think of the horrible overproduced very first Genesis-record and the fact that it is reissued all the time, so that some record blokes still get money from it our Elboys should not be ashamed of that Soft stuff. Hey, they could play their instruments well enough that you even recognize their love for Santana and no megalomaniac producer spoiled their stuff with cheesy strings, that echo/answer effect with the backing vocal girl is really cute and inventive and it was (at least for me) a pleasure to hear Guy sound so temperamental Very Happy
So if anyone, Beck or the Elbows read this, don't be angry on Kay, I always wanted to know how that mysterious "So it goes" sounds for Guy talked about it in his radio shows when he played the Verve track with the same name...
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 May 2011, 18:15

Thanks so much for trying to up both, Kay. It's not often you get to hear something so rare.

If it's the squirm factor of early works being made available, suppose that's fair enough. Though a fair chunk of elbowfans' content could well be flying close to the wind on that basis too. I've said it from the outset, but if Beck or the band want anything removing from there, just shout.

Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes   Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soft - No One Wants To Listen / So It Goes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2