elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boy
little beast
little beast
boy

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-10-19

"First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com Empty
PostSubject: "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com   "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com Icon_minitimeThu 27 Feb 2014, 20:59

Not sure if this has already been posted, but a couple of days a go NME.com posted a review of the new album. Needless to say the review was glowing and it sounds like this album is set to be the best yet.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/first-listen-elbow-the-take-off-and-landing-of-everything

Is it just me who really loved the line "Carry her, carry me?" I'm gutted they didn't use it as the title, but the lyric features in the closing track 'The Blanket of Night' Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com   "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com Icon_minitimeThu 27 Feb 2014, 21:35

This is SO encouraging! I am loving the descriptions of these tracks, and of course hearing them is a different thing altogether...but I'm getting a very good feeling about this album.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com   "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com Icon_minitimeThu 27 Feb 2014, 22:00

ChrissieInFL wrote:
This is SO encouraging! I am loving the descriptions of these tracks, and of course hearing them is a different thing altogether...but I'm getting a very good feeling about this album.

I agree wholeheartedly - all reviews so far sound like this is an album I'm going to embrace in a way I didn't last time, not that I don't love barb... The Q interview touches on their age and being grown up, I think the elbow sound may well have grown up having been thru the awkward teens that was the back of one day...
Back to top Go down
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com   "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com Icon_minitimeThu 06 Mar 2014, 17:52

Got my copy today, sounds amazing! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com   "First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"First Listen: Elbow, 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything" - NME.com
Page 1 of 1