elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!

Go down 
+14
Cestriansteve
ChrissyBoy
My Bury Vest
dan84
allyngibson
DavidM
Lynne
Misspelt Yoof
Icen
mitchy
lucky with disease
mrswoman
emma
TimL
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimL
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-24

St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Empty
PostSubject: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 15:29

Hi There! I'm Freddy, I work at Absolute Radio. Just thought i'd let you know that tonight on Geoff's Hometime Show we will be giving away exclusive tickets to see Elbow perform an intimate gig at St Pauls Cathedral - This will be an amazing show and you won't be able to buy tickets anywhere - Make sure you listen to Absolute Radio from 5 to be in with a chance of winning.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/listen/

Cheers,
Freddy Smile
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 17:55

I wish I knew the trick to calling at the right time! Has anyone ever had success at call-in radio show competitions? I guess you're competing with a mass of people so it's just a matter of luck..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 21:34

Thanks for posting, Freddy. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 21:37

Well I never have had success myself with radio competitions, emma ...and I'm 'lucky with disease' Wink
(a friend of mine, who is a fan of Doves, managed to win a pair for the Doves acoustic Absolute did at at the House of St Barnabas in Soho in 2009, so she invited me to go to that with her...posh drinks reception before and all!

So how many Elbow tickets were 'given away' on the show?

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 22:42

lucky with disease wrote:
Well I never have had success myself with radio competitions, emma ...and I'm 'lucky with disease' Wink
(a friend of mine, who is a fan of Doves, managed to win a pair for the Doves acoustic Absolute did at at the House of St Barnabas in Soho in 2009, so she invited me to go to that with her...posh drinks reception before and all!

So how many Elbow tickets were 'given away' on the show?

Haha well I guess someone has to win so might as well try anyway! That looks like a brilliant venue for the acoustics and size! Hopefully a good predictor of what the Elbow concert will be like.

On the show today they only gave away a pair of tickets to one person (same as yesterday). Apparently there will be a pair of tickets given away tomorrow too (and I believe for the rest of the week?). Two people who call-in are selected and they each have to answer questions relating to Elbow as well as random elbow related trivia (as in the body part). When the first person gets a wrong answer, Geoff Lloyd moves to the second contestant, and goes back and forth as they get answers wrong until the minute is up. Whoever is the last person to be answering correctly wins the tickets. (I hope I explained that right, as I didn't completely understand the rules at first!) It's basically a 50/50 chance, even if you make it past phoning-in. Anyway I'm just grateful they'll be posting the concert online!
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 17:50

Brilliant Frances!! So glad you got through Very Happy and it's great you didn't get stuck with much random elbow (body part) trivia questions! haha
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 18:12

I can't quite believe it, emma...I've never done a phone-in competition on the radio before where you have to speak affraid....I was getting so nervous I nearly forgot Pete's name for the answer!
It only got passed to me near the very end because Tony didn't believe that some people can lick their own elbow...he was doing so well (but I did know his answers too, and the elbow licking one!)

good luck anyone trying tomorrow, and there is still the email competition on monday.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 18:49

Oh, not quite sure what happened on this evening's show emma Neutral you will have to get a cockatiel, dog or chickens next time on the radio...but not a cat!
I thought they would still do the questions quiz after also....you were so close in the phone-in too. I guess thats it till the email entry closes on monday.
My email invite is for 2 so I'll forward it over to you if you want, after that silliness!
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 19:21

Oh no! That's really kind of you but you won the tickets and you should keep them! Yeah I was really surprised when I heard that - panicked and hung up. BUT I read on twitter that he'll be giving away a few more on Monday. So that, in combination with the draw will give me another chance anyway (this time I'll be prepared for any question he asks! haha). Thank you for the kind offer though! If it doesn't work out it's probably a sign I should be studying more for exams Razz
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 17:36

I havent been able to phone in as i have had to work late every day, boo. Does anyone think it would be worth me going along and hanging around outside looking pitiful? Its my dad's birthday, he has been dead for 30 years and I always get sad on his birthday, so I could do with something nice happening.
If anyone can get me in i will be your BFF!
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 17:57

It's always worth a try Mitchy,.....in the 80's Aerosmith played a secret gig at the Marquee, we were outside looking tickets for a couple of hours, they were changing hands for £300!!!!!!
We were just about to give up, when I asked a girl if she had any spares. She stopped and said "Yeah sure, here's a couple" and just gave us them.
She was a record company office bod, had got them free and wasn't taking any money for them.Great.

I insisted on buying her a drink once inside and while waiting at the bar looked up to find Jimmy Page standing next to me. Had a chat.He even played some guitar later.
All in all a top night.

So yes, give it a go, you never know.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 20:25

Very much doubt money will be changing hands outside St Pauls Cathedral...there are no tickets, Absolute radio note your name and address and send an email invite, its for a pair. They will have a list, you could be someone's guest maybe.
If anyone that is on the guest list doesn't end up coming, then I guess it depends on capacity allowed and who is on the door if they let anyone else in.

The email competition on their website closes tonight, so maybe there will still be a few more invites sent out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:40

Last edited by lucky with disease on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 22:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 17:46

Wow that is a biggie dilemma, follow your heart!
Or you could just go and take me as your guest lol, well you have to try don'tyou?!
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 17:52

lucky with disease wrote:
Any suggestions welcome!
It's Elbow. In St. Pauls. It has to be that, surely?

Although, if you do decide to pass your tickets on... Wink
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 18:11

Haha definitely asking a biased crowd! I would choose Elbow of course, but it's difficult to decide not knowing much about the other event... I would agree with Mitchy and say follow your heart - which ever one feels like the right thing to do, just go with that decision and at the end of the day you'll be having an enjoyable evening regardless of which you choose!

So I'm assuming all the invites have gone out by now, did any ERO members get lucky? Can't seem to find evidence of anyone winning tickets through the draw on the internet yet.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 22:13

What a dilemma LWD! I'm sure you'll come up with the answer, rather you than me. Follow your heart now that is a good response.

Looking forward to the broadcast that will be one not to be missed.
Back to top Go down
DavidM
fallen angel
fallen angel
DavidM

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 08:53

Much Like Mitchy- I am considering turning up on the night to see if there are any no shows/spare tickets. I dont suppose anyone know what time doors open? Thanks in advance for any info!

David
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 09:50

On the Absolute Radio facebook page, they've officially confirmed the online draw tickets have been sent out, just to let everyone know. So good luck to those showing up at St Paul's tomorrow! I'm sure there will be people who cannot make it since it's only a few days notice so hopefully you'll all get in!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 09:53

You wern't picked as dj Christian's manfriend blind date this morning then, David?

7.30pm Doors the main Cathedral entrance

8.30pm Elbow

11.00pm end

thanks for your suggestions, guys....I'm following my heart x
Back to top Go down
DavidM
fallen angel
fallen angel
DavidM

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 09:59

Afraid despite my best efforts- i couldn't persuade Christian to have me as his date! :-( would have taken him to posh dinner and everything.... ah well never mind. Thanks very much though for the timings! I have decided to go and give it a bash and turn up on the night! Lets see if anyone else will be my date for the evening... fingers crossed!! :-)
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 15:53

BBC America writes about the gig on their Anglophenia blog today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 18:08

Really grumpy i am not going, it should only be for us elbow fans so we can fill the dome with love!

I said to LWD that i can't face just turning up cos i can't handle rejection. Looking forward to listening to broadcast (sulkily).

No
Back to top Go down
dan84
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 07:15

Hello all,

New to the forum, so hello everyone!

Thinking of going up tonight (ticket less), had to be a wet, windy and coldish didn't it!

Anyway, if anyone gets hold of information that could help with grabbing a ticket would be much appreciated.

Look forward to discussing elbowey things in the near future.

Dan
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 16:44

I hope anyone going to the concert tonight has a wonderful time! Looking forward to hearing about it tomorrow and watching the full broadcast on June 5th Smile It's sure to be a special evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!   St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Pauls Cathedral - May 26th Ticket giveaway!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next