elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cardiff!

Go down 
+16
imalittlebeast
@MrIanGibson
LongLegs
My Bury Vest
Mr Woman
ChrissyBoy
Lynne
Kim
Space_dementia
Cestriansteve
emma
Lesley Gilks
ChrissieInFL
sonicpurveyor
Kayleigh
ticky
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 15:57

Hope you all have a wonderful evening. Roll on Tuesday at the 02. My goodness can't believe it's nearly coming to an end!! All that anticipation nearly over!!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 18:55

enjoy folks !
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 01:11

Naaa na na nana naaa na na na naaa na Adrian Jones!
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh
little beast
little beast
Kayleigh

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 01:30

ticky wrote:

haha Very Happy that was the funniest part of the night, I cant believe how much I enjoyed myself tonight. Complete perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 06:26

It was amazing! Met some lovely people who live in the next village. Small world, huh?!

Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 09:54

Wow - has anyone noticed the centrefold of the programme yet. There are a few of us in the picture! - Me, Jones, Al, Mr Woman's glasses, Kim's Dave and Kim's other mate (executing a rather wonderful headbang). Have a shooftie...

Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 10:00

ticky wrote:
Wow - has anyone noticed the centrefold of the programme yet. There are a few of us in the picture! - Me, Jones, Al, Mr Woman's glasses, Kim's Dave and Kim's other mate (executing a rather wonderful headbang). Have a shooftie...

But not me? *sulk*

Is the programme any good? I was wondering about getting one. Smile

EDIT: Seems like I may have to get souvenir ones for Dave and Jonathan!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 10:18

ticky wrote:

Just the glasses? No head or anything? Very Happy

I can understand why they'd want to Photoshop me out, though... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 13:08

No, just the glasses! Laughing
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 13:13

Hey Ticky - is Chrissie over ? Did she make the Cardiff gig ?

Dying to know here thoughts.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 13:50

DUDE - SHE IS FREAKING!!!!! (her words!)

We've had just the best couple of days since she got here and have just put her on the train for Manchester. Obviously, I can't speak for her, but the gig was totally wonderful and we enjoyed every single minute. I took my kids along (Imalittlebeast and Oscar) and they loved it too. I must admit, Guy seemed a little tired, which is completely understandable - I would imagine a few candles have been burned at both ends over the last couple of weeks. But even then.... FFS it's ELBOW LIVE. What is not to get excited about?! They could be playing in a cow shed and the magic would still there. I know I've not been there since the beginning and am a Johnny come lately, but I'll take my Elboys live any which way. It's all good. We sang like fools all through the gig, sweated buckets, threw our arms in the air and chucked out our inhibitions. Christ I love this band!

The highlights of the evening for me were Puncture Repair/Some Riot/Weather - close to tears on those. Another one that floored me was The Night Will Always Win. Naturally Great Expectations was spectacular, but that's a given. I found that the volume on The Birds was just too quiet - I felt it should have been far louder, especially as it's the opener. I wanted to be blasted away by that one, like we were at Cambridge. Open Arms is perfect - a real antidote for the ODLT overkill. I'm sorry to say, I'm really not getting With Love, but it's bloody funny to hear 3000 Welsh people singing in a Manc accent.

At one point Guy asked who was at their first Elbow gig and we were staggered by the amount of people who put their hands up - the vast majority.

Both Chrissie and Caitilin got setlists, Chrissie nabbing Guy's, complete with footprint. Also we both got ENORMOUS posters afterwards - they must be about 6' x 4'. Poor Chrissie - it's just cost her £28 to send it back to the States as she couldn't get it in her luggage! I do recommend the programmes - wonderful drawings by Oliver - worth every penny. I'm even considering buying another to cut up, as I've heard that Oliver isn't going to be selling prints this time.

I simply can't wait for tomorrow - I'll be there at the front again, immersing myself in every last drop of atmosphere and Elbowy goodness.

Lads - keep on doing what you do so well - nobody does it better!!!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 14:09

Cardiff! - Page 2 P10009843

I had to post this photo - this bloke didn't move throughout the whole gig. He looked like he'd popped out to the Spar for some bread and milk and wandered into the gig by mistake. This photo was taken half way through ODLT!
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 15:00

Aww sounds like you guys had a fab time! So happy Smile

Hopefully see you both tomorrow somewhere! x

The picture in the middle is so funny, it's spot the forum peeps!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 15:09

ticky wrote:
Cardiff! - Page 2 P10009843

I had to post this photo - this bloke didn't move throughout the whole gig. He looked like he'd popped out to the Spar for some bread and milk and wandered into the gig by mistake. This photo was taken half way through ODLT!

Maybe he lost his friends in the crowd and was lonely. How about a caption Topic featuring this pic lol "I only had a sore elbow so the nurse sent me here!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 15:49

hahahaha I was just a few feet to the right of him! and at the very beginning I asked him where he bought his Elbow hoodie (that I think is in the white bag you can see!). I think he was alone, and I'm not sure if it was his strong Welsh accent or what but I couldn't quite understand him haha. He seemed nice enough for the few seconds I spoke to him, but that is strange he just stood there through the whole concert.. Laughing

I thought the concert was spectacular!! I enjoyed it even more than the Glasgow gig and really liked standing at the end of the runway. I agree that The Birds could have been a bit louder and I felt like I was the only one really getting into it but I guess it was the first song they played. Standout tracks were Great Expectations (hard to hold back the tears for this one and I never usually cry at gigs!), Weather to Fly (uploaded the opening here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b18AdfYuNBc) , Open Arms, and Grounds for Divorce. Again I loved the string quartet, they're so talented - I uploaded a video of them playing Red: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_J9YmDmi4 . And I actually appreciated Villagers more this time round since I was more familiar with the songs.

It was also really nice to see Ticky again with her children there and to meet Chrissie!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful night after not being able to see Elbow for 7 years Very Happy I hope you have a fantastic time in Manchester!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 15:51

ticky wrote:

hahaha love it! I was singing this on the way back to the Cardiff train station
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 15:54

ticky wrote:
DUDE - SHE IS FREAKING!!!!! (her words!)

We've had just the best couple of days since she got here and have just put her on the train for Manchester. Obviously, I can't speak for her, but the gig was totally wonderful and we enjoyed every single minute. I took my kids along (Imalittlebeast and Oscar) and they loved it too. I must admit, Guy seemed a little tired, which is completely understandable - I would imagine a few candles have been burned at both ends over the last couple of weeks. But even then.... FFS it's ELBOW LIVE. What is not to get excited about?! They could be playing in a cow shed and the magic would still there. I know I've not been there since the beginning and am a Johnny come lately, but I'll take my Elboys live any which way. It's all good. We sang like fools all through the gig, sweated buckets, threw our arms in the air and chucked out our inhibitions. Christ I love this band!

The highlights of the evening for me were Puncture Repair/Some Riot/Weather - close to tears on those. Another one that floored me was The Night Will Always Win. Naturally Great Expectations was spectacular, but that's a given. I found that the volume on The Birds was just too quiet - I felt it should have been far louder, especially as it's the opener. I wanted to be blasted away by that one, like we were at Cambridge. Open Arms is perfect - a real antidote for the ODLT overkill. I'm sorry to say, I'm really not getting With Love, but it's bloody funny to hear 3000 Welsh people singing in a Manc accent.

At one point Guy asked who was at their first Elbow gig and we were staggered by the amount of people who put their hands up - the vast majority.

Both Chrissie and Caitilin got setlists, Chrissie nabbing Guy's, complete with footprint. Also we both got ENORMOUS posters afterwards - they must be about 6' x 4'. Poor Chrissie - it's just cost her £28 to send it back to the States as she couldn't get it in her luggage! I do recommend the programmes - wonderful drawings by Oliver - worth every penny. I'm even considering buying another to cut up, as I've heard that Oliver isn't going to be selling prints this time.

I simply can't wait for tomorrow - I'll be there at the front again, immersing myself in every last drop of atmosphere and Elbowy goodness.

Lads - keep on doing what you do so well - nobody does it better!!!

Nice one Ticky ! Glad everyone, esp Chrissie, had a ball - the anticipation must have been unbelievable - I know how I felt pre Sheffield and I've seen them loads !

Roll on tomorrow !
Back to top Go down
imalittlebeast
fallen angel
fallen angel
imalittlebeast

Female Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 16:52

I GOT A SETLIST!
SQUEALLL!
cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 18:08

great to hear a good time was had by all Cool
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011, 03:11

Sounds like another great gig. I hope you all have a grand time on Friday night.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 11:20

Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 12:20

Thanks Hilary. Great to see you on Friday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 13:11

And you, albeit briefly while in the queue!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 17:01

ticky wrote:
Ha! Brilliant, an elbowie version of 'Where's Wally'?! It looks like the same photo from Pete's Twitter background. Other ones I can spot are Evil Pixie, Sparkly AND Sparky, me with short hair, LongLegs, ThatchBitch, OneoftheThree, Sarah just behind Al, & Hilary (I think).
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Space_dementia
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 21:49

Loved this gig last wednesday, was awesome! can't wait to see them again in August.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Muse.Manic
Sponsored content

Cardiff! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cardiff!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next