elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!

Go down 
+43
Scuzzboy24
jeanlucb
oneofthethree
ukkonen
BigAL
fragrant_monkey
flossietoo
Darcy
JK
lippykid
RDHawkins
barclayender
scotochromagen
Emylou123
HattyMarris
Glendarian
supadom
hilaryg
Cestriansteve
djvh
SamD
AyannaD
Kim
emma
mrswoman
mitchy
ChrissieInFL
nellie
arsefrom
Mr Woman
MagicalTrevor
FLUFF75
sparky
lucky with disease
andy_landy
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
errant
ticky
My Bury Vest
LongLegs
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:20

bottoms. really wanted to go to this. can I join the list of people looking for a spare, please and thank you? Wink
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:20

Bet they'll be on ebay soon at £876,874,3987,9879474 or something
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:22

Kept trying, but Sold Out by 9.12 or 13.

Link was already on other websites like 'Beat the Touts' and 'My Dad Rocks!' by last night.

I havn't got tickets either. I expect the general Elbow fans email out now is pretty big what now with the touts that sign up too, and being advertised on here.

Oh well... this will be the first warm up show out of all the warm up show there have been for Elbow, that I won't be going to. It figures Crying or Very sad

Last edited by lucky with disease on Tue 18 Jan 2011, 09:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:22

ticky wrote:
They're bound to do more warm up gigs. I can't imagine it'll be just the one.

I was thinking the same thing last night. The 2nd is still 2 weeks away from the tour beginning on the 15th.

hhmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:26

LongLegs wrote:
ticky wrote:

I was thinking the same thing last night. The 2nd is still 2 weeks away from the tour beginning on the 15th.

hhmmmmmmm

Yep, and I'm sure the touts will be delighted to hear it!

Sorry, but I'm in really sh*t form now.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:27

Didn't get tickets for Cambridge.
Was online and refreshing from 0855 onwards.
I was lucky enough to get through to the order processing stage. Put all my details in and then got a message saying there was a problem with my order! No confirmation email and in my account history there's no record of the order, so I guess it didn't go through. Phoned the hotline but it was all about gigs cancelled due to snow and i never got through to a real person.

Tried again but tickets were sold out.....gutted

I've never had aproblem with seetickets before but what a bad time for them to let me down
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:28

Jones wrote:
LongLegs wrote:
ticky wrote:

hhmmmmmmm

Yep, and I'm sure the touts will be delighted to hear it!

Sorry, but I'm in really sh*t form now.

Honestly, if we have any spares this forum will be the first to know.
Really sorry you guys missed out Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:30

Don't lets get too worried yet people. Things have a habit of turning out for the best - remember Halle! I think we all got in to that one eventually.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:31

Please forgive me, I didn't mean to vent my spleen against anybody here!
And I apologise for my little outburst!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:33

Yep, there you go:
One ticket for Cambridge up on Ebay for £90... No
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:35

yeah. half hoping they're releasing tickets gradually (original email said "for 48 hours") but not holding my breath. knowing my luck they'll go back onsale the minute I walk out teh door to go to work!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:43

So sorry for you folks. There are bound to be other warm-up dates. Can't believe tickets are on Ebay already. Typical!!

However, hope I'm not too premature still awaiting email confirmation! It all went through and they said a confirmation email would be sent! I hate these things - the stress!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:43

ticky wrote:
Don't lets get too worried yet people. Things have a habit of turning out for the best - remember Halle! I think we all got in to that one eventually.
....Halle Bigger? over 2 nights, and mugs like me, buying the maximum tickets for some people on here that we didn't even know at the time, just because they like the same music, and we knew the score. The idea of the Castlefield Arena second night, saved the day for many for that.

Jones, don't worry about your spleen, Has to be said sometimes. Fact is, things aren't always rosy. Mood I'm in... I can even think that only a few were released anyway for presale, and the rest might be going on general sale on thurs.

I'm afraid there is more to my life than waiting on a seeticket website on refresh! and spending hours on the phone, or on emails to Elbow management.

I already have spent out on 02 tickets that I can't use, as another date was then released, so I could actually get tickets to sit with my friends. So I'm done.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 09:56

sparky wrote:
Was online and refreshing from 0855 onwards.
I was lucky enough to get through to the order processing stage. Put all my details in and then got a message saying there was a problem with my order! No confirmation email and in my account history there's no record of the order, so I guess it didn't go through. Phoned the hotline but it was all about gigs cancelled due to snow and i never got through to a real person.

Tried again but tickets were sold out.....gutted

I've never had aproblem with seetickets before but what a bad time for them to let me down

Finally got through to a real person who confirmed my order hadn't gone through. He said there had been a few problems due to demand and that I wasn't the only one (I would have been really gutted if I was the only one!) I thought that once you got through to the credit card stage the tickets were reserved for you but apparently not.

Never had any problems over last few months with Villagers, British Sea Power, Teenage Fanclub, The Acorn etc........Our little band is now a big band
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 10:01

[quote="sparky"]
sparky wrote:
Finally got through to a real person who confirmed my order hadn't gone through. He said there had been a few problems due to demand and that I wasn't the only one (I would have been really gutted if I was the only one!) I thought that once you got through to the credit card stage the tickets were reserved for you but apparently not.

I think it may be wise to get autocomplete working properly next time they announce a warm up gig. I too, was under the impression that tickets were held for you once you were into the credit card stage. What a swizz.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:37

THERE ARE MORE TICKETS ON SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
FLUFF75
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:43

More tickets have been released. I've just got some.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:45

I would suggest that even if you aren't going to this gig, if you can get tickets, get them. You will have no trouble selling them on at face value to other forum members.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 12:14

First, thankyou for thinking of me Ticky, when I'm being a bit sour and feeling let down, and had gone to do other things, un elbow related! before the day goes!!

...much appreciated your phonecall to me to let me know xx

So I jump on See link again, put the order in, right up to card and everything, then it tells me there is a problem and to phone....so I then spend 15 minutes on the phone to See, at 10p a minute....so thats another £1.50 wasted, to be eventually told(according to the worker there and his manager) that there are definitely no tickets left now....no general sale on thurs, and assured that none creamed off for 'Get Me In' and the like....
so i'm definitely done with wasting any more time with the ticket buying from SEE.
Unless can be told otherwise.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 12:36

I'm really sorry to hear that Francis. Don't give up hope yet, someone may have a spare one on the forum nearer the time.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 14:04

lucky with disease wrote:

I already have spent out on 02 tickets that I can't use, as another date was then released, so I could actually get tickets to sit with my friends.
So I'm done.

Couldn't agree more, LWD. Much better to have tickets where you're sat with friends and loved ones whenever possible.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 19:38

Mr Woman wrote:

I already have spent out on 02 tickets that I can't use, as another date was then released, so I could actually get tickets to sit with my friends.
So I'm done.

Couldn't agree more, LWD. Much better to have tickets where you're sat with friends and loved ones whenever possible.

Thats what I've always aimed for, whenever possible Mr Woman, moderator...
and your point is?

Having had life threatening surgery yourself, I'm sure you will understand that after, and before, I had back surgery, its one thing aiming for the opportunity to be able to lean on, and prop yourself up on a barrier in a smaller venue, if you are unable to stand for too long which is what I have to do now.
However in a huge arena, with the crowds and the squashing, and less opportunity for leaning on the barrier at the front, I have to go for the seat option... just as I had to do at MEN arena.
SEE tickets website would only issue me with one seat in the blocks I wanted to sit for the first night at O2, though I tried for more seats together, so if I wanted to go to my local arena venue at all, I just had to accept that this time I would be sitting on my own, with other friends with standing tickets, standing within view or otherwise to choose not to go at all!
When the second date was announced weeks later, I was then able to get 3 seats together for me and my friends who wanted to come too.
They won't refund me the other ticket for the night before, so I was hoping that someone who is sitting on that row, or the row behind or in front might be able to use my ticket, if they have an exra friend who wants to come.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 19:53

I hope other people... the ones who havn't posted on this forum, that wanted to go to the small venue warm up have been able to get tickets.
I was wondering if Facebook group emma had? as she has only been able to see elbow only in an arena the once, and it would have been a chance for her.
I'm pleased Lynne has managed to this time Smile

Last edited by lucky with disease on Tue 18 Jan 2011, 19:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 19:57

Mr Woman wrote:

So I'm done.

Thats what I've always aimed for, whenever possible Mr Woman, moderator...
and your point is?

This discussion, whilst not yet entering the 'nasty' category, is certainly walking along the lines of 'snide'.

MrWoman's status as moderator is COMPLETELY irrelevant to your discussion.

Please ensure that this is kept on topic from now on.

MT.

Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 20:02

I beg your pardon MT, but it is not irrelevent, a moderator shouldn't be quoting me like that.....

what was his point?

I just wish him to clarify? I believe it was him that was being 'snide' I just replied to it, to clarify my position.

Maybe he could answer me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next