elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!

Go down 
+15
mrswoman
Jones
LongLegs
Dano
lucky with disease
Lynne
AyannaD
MagicalTrevor
My Bury Vest
TamedLamia
ticky
heshofcheese
ElbowFreak
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 12:15

Sniff... Sad
'Feel like I'm going to miss all the fun...EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Sad0004
Would have loved to have met you in person Chrissie and of course see everybody else again!

Although, I did spy a Ryanair return for €20(!) and a not too outrageously expensive ticket on Seetickets...
Mmmm.....EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Confused0006
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 14:54

Come on Jones - it wouldn't be the same without you! You know you want to!! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Dec 2010, 15:30

I'd love to meet ya, Jones! Maybe...maaaaaaybeee...you can manage a wee trip? Hmmm?? Very Happy Hope so!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 13:41

Alright, it's like this....

The other day, I got a PM from Ticky, who made a most excellent suggestion. "Chrissie", she said, "How's about coming over to see the Cardiff gig with me?" And, after a certain amount of discussion and debate between myself, Mr. Chrissie and the oh-so-helpful folks at Travelocity, I will be headed to Cardiff to see Elbow a couple of days before the MEN gig!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Needless to say, this trip has just become even more epically epic than it was going to be already! And I want to say thanks to Ticky for helping me out with everything, it is so very awesome and much appreciated...epic, I tell you! EPIC!!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 15:14

We are going to have a blast!!!! ... and you'll get to see a bit of Welsh Wales..tidy!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 16:23

Top bombin' Chrissie ! - You're coming all this way - 2 gigs sounds magic - Can't imagine how excited you must feel ! Nice one Tickster ! Basketball
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:27

By the way - this is where you're coming to.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx8CZyFM4b4

hehe!!

Sorry Chrissie!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 08:17

That made me laugh, he's really selling it. It doesn't change from when we were there. Chrissie you're in for a treat and don't to forgot to ask for cheese on ya chips. LOL.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 15:29

ticky wrote:

hehe!!

Sorry Chrissie!

BWAHAHAHA!! Oh, that was magic! Mr Chrissie and I had a fit laughing at that one - brilliant, Ticky! Thumbs Up! Looks like a good time on the horizon for me!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 15:31

ticky wrote:

hehe!!

Sorry Chrissie!

Sublime stuff - love the GLC ! Take them Jimmy Choo's back Chrissie, yer won't fit in ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 15:34

My Bury Vest wrote:
Sublime stuff - love the GLC ! Take them Jimmy Choo's back Chrissie, yer won't fit in ! Very Happy

Ha! Yeah, if I had some, I think I'd leave 'em home! Laughing Don't worry, Choo's ain't my kind of kicks so I'll be golden!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 13:48

OK everybody - I've been going nuts trying to get ready for my week of Elbow, so I've not had time to stop in too much lately. And since I leave on Monday, I probably won't have time again before then! So I wanted to say I'm looking forward to meeting any of you forumsters who will be about at either the Cardiff or MEN gig, and I can't wait to see the Elboys on the right side of the pond! See y'all soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 14:51

Have a safe flight, Chrissie! See you in Manchester. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 18:08

You're in for a real treat Chrissie.

I'm sure will be worth the journey over and more. Have a great time in Manchester and Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 15:35

So sad that my trip's already been and gone... Crying or Very sad But what a time I had! I have collected my thoughts about it all and put it into a post on my blog. It's rather long - I had A LOT to talk about! - but if anyone's interested in checking it out, it's right here: http://waiablog.blogspot.com/2011/04/elbow-week-travelogue.html
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 16:04

ChrissieInFL wrote:
So sad that my trip's already been and gone... Crying or Very sad But what a time I had! I have collected my thoughts about it all and put it into a post on my blog. It's rather long - I had A LOT to talk about! - but if anyone's interested in checking it out, it's right here: http://waiablog.blogspot.com/2011/04/elbow-week-travelogue.html

Chrissie, I don't know what else to say, apart from the fact I had tears in my eyes reading that wonderful blog.

It was brilliantly written. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 16:56

My Bury Vest wrote:
Chrissie, I don't know what else to say, apart from the fact I had tears in my eyes reading that wonderful blog.
It was brilliantly written. Thumbs Up!
You're not the only one, MBV. *sniff*. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 17:12

Fantastic blog Chrissie and so nice to relive it all again!
It was an absolute pleasure meeting you. So happy you had a great time!
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 18:58

A very moving account of your trip, so pleased you enjoyed it so much.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 19:13

Thanks all so much for the comments, I appreciate it and am glad you found it interesting! I've shared it with a few of my friends and family here, and after reading it they're all dead jealous of how much fun I had. Hee...sucks to be them! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 19:41

Wonderful blog, Chrissie. Thanks for sharing your fabulous 'dream' journey. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 08:00

Wow Chrissie - that's justwonderful. I had a few tears by the end as well. I think I can safely say for all of us who met you that it's been an absolute pleasure welcoming you to this country and into the British arms of the Elbow community. Manchester was SOOO special - it was a night to remember for a very long time. Looking forward to your next visit. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 11:50

Brilliant account Chrissie, lovely to have had the chance to say 'Hi' even though it was very brief.
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 09:38

Great blog, Chrissie and I'm sorry I didn't catch up with you in Cardiff but it was a fantastic evening. I would also have loved to have been at Manchester.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 16:33

Thanks for the comments, folks - Nellie, nice to have met you too (though just for a hot minute!) and Lesley, maybe I'll catch you next time! Very Happy God, what a greedy so-and-so I am to even entertain the notion of a next time...but who knows? Here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2