elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Th'elbow guitars .......

Go down 
+3
lucky with disease
Calum
Tinwal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Th'elbow guitars ....... Empty
PostSubject: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 20:21

Hello good peole
I play a bit of geetar and was very impressed by the guitar sounds at Manchester gig I attended recently. Does anybody what type of guitar Mark plays? It's looks like some kind of Hybrid acoustic telecaster....type .....thing....

Anyone know of effects, amps n'stuff?

Bammo....??

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 20:28

Bammo would know, but haven't seen her around here I'm afraid!
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 21:09

Is she still with them? Smile
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2008, 21:58

She wasn't at the Glasgow gig, that I saw anyway...
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2008, 22:35

She stayed with Placebo. I miss her not being with Elbow. You could ask the guitar tech they have now if you see him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jun 2008, 20:54

Dunno if it helps much but we were playing the 'guess the kit' game at Delamere and it looked like there was a classic Vox in the middle, plus what looked like two Fenders on the left of the stage with a larger Marshall on the right.

As for FX, there's gotta be a wah pedal somewhere - they're Mancs right?! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jul 2008, 11:10

Hiya, just had a look at the Glasto clip and it looks like a Godin guitar there are quite alot of models so not sure which exactly http://www.godinguitars.com/godinperfseriesp.htm
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jul 2008, 21:40

Mark had an Epiphone Sheraton at Glasto as well.
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeMon 11 Aug 2008, 21:54

Its a godin... And if you look at grounds for divorcs on jonathan rosss... Youll see.

EDIT by MT - watch your caps leo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeSun 17 Aug 2008, 21:11

Oh definitely, I'm not saying there aren't any Godins: Mark's lovely dark grey one clearly has the Godin brand mark on it! Dunno about just using that brand and no others though: Do the band have an exclusive deal to just use their kit? They use various different make of amps, so why not a few different makes of guitar especially if they're favourites...?

What I was saying is Mark uses one which looked on vid like a vintage Epiphone Sheraton, i.e. it's a sunburst archtop with very similar fingerboard and same tone & volume controls. Check out the photo below against the link below it for loads of pics to compare:
Th'elbow guitars ....... 40389_2
Pics of Epiphone Dot Deluxe LE Vintage Sunburst 2000

The vintage model has the same looking headstock with the shaped pearl inlay and dots on the frets so it's a fair stab...
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeSun 17 Aug 2008, 21:18

i would love one of those if any of you lot are eccentric and generous millionaires feel free to make my dream come true and while you are at it a 52 telecaster would be nice
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2008, 20:07

i love es 335's LOVE!! sexually :p

is it a Godin Montreal that Potter uses for grounds??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2008, 23:47

mrswoman wrote:
Oh definitely, I'm not saying there aren't any Godins: Mark's lovely dark grey one clearly has the Godin brand mark on it! Dunno about just using that brand and no others though: Do the band have an exclusive deal to just use their kit? They use various different make of amps, so why not a few different makes of guitar especially if they're favourites...?

What I was saying is Mark uses one which looked on vid like a vintage Epiphone Sheraton, i.e. it's a sunburst archtop with very similar fingerboard and same tone & volume controls. Check out the photo below against the link below it for loads of pics to compare:
Th'elbow guitars ....... 40389_2
Pics of Epiphone Dot Deluxe LE Vintage Sunburst 2000

The vintage model has the same looking headstock with the shaped pearl inlay and dots on the frets so it's a fair stab...

I think that's actually a Gibson 335 dot inlay but I 've had about 10 pints and quite frankly don't know my arse from my Elbow,
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Th'elbow guitars .......   Th'elbow guitars ....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Th'elbow guitars .......
Page 1 of 1