elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mumford and sons

Go down 
+12
Adderz
skazzochnizza
NeonChoir
My Bury Vest
elbowismymuse
Stockhaus
hacmac
TamedLamia
LongLegs
Misspelt Yoof
Hotblack
ElbowFreak
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
seamiedev
little beast
little beast
seamiedev

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-10-31

Mumford and sons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 20:53

NeonChoir wrote:
Has anyone heard the new EP from The Wedding Band?

Thumbs Up! - check out albatros that played on that - really really good - supported M&s's in Galway ..................
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Nov 2011, 23:06

M&S debuted a new song the other day. You can read about it and listen here. Smile
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 00:12

They played a few new songs when i saw them last year, sounded great, harder, bigger!
[edit] That's what she said, etc [/edit]
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 15:53

Ahaha, I see what you did there. Razz
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2012, 18:03

BUMP.

They announced via their Tumblr the other day that LP2 would be released in September. Their set from Pinkpop is also available for download, if you feel so inclined.
Back to top Go down
UpLateAtNightAgain
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Mumford & Sons Review - The Captains Rest - Glasgow 08/07/2008   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 23:15

Hey

I've been republishing some of my old reviews on my new website and found this one of Mumford & Sons at the tiny little 100 or so capacity Captains Rest in Glasgow from nearly exactly 4 years ago, before all the madness began. It was a great night and a great gig, it was one of those nights where you could tell something special was going to happen and that the band were destined for bigger and better things.

Hope you enjoy the read

http://uplateatnightagain.com/2012/07/05/mumford-sons-the-captains-rest-glasgow-08072008/
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Feb 2013, 14:42

NeonChoir wrote:
They announced via their Tumblr the other day that LP2 would be released in September. Their set from Pinkpop is also available for download, if you feel so inclined.
I downloaded the Pinkpop concert a few months ago and really liked it. I never got around to buying the second album, Babel, though I did catch the video of "Lover of the Light" directed by Idris Elba.

Then yesterday I was at Best Buy, for the first time in four or five months, and I saw that they had a 3-disc Babel: Gentlemen of the Road Edition on sale. (It's the deluxe edition of Babel, a live CD, and a concert DVD.)

I hope Babel is a grower, because otherwise it feels like a less interesting retread of Sigh No More. I didn't dislike it, but neither did it leave any lasting impression on me with that first listening. (I was, however, disappointed to discover that "The Boxer" was a Paul Simon cover and not a Carbon Leaf cover.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 18:00

I don't know if it'll grow on you, but even now, I feel that "Babel" is very samesy. I'm not saying I won't listen to it, but I definitely prefer "Sigh No More."
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 18:07

They did take home Album of the Year for Babel at the Grammys last night.

And yes, I get the "samesy." "Lover of the Light" and "I Will Wait" are both hummable, but I can't tell them apart. Smile
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Sep 2013, 22:01

Mumford is on sabbatical.

There's been chortling about this online. I can't muster any enthusiasm in either direction; I'm not broken up that Mumford & Sons is hanging it up for the foreseeable future, but neither am I gleeful that they're going away.

I was disappointed in Babel (it's nice, some bits and pieces catch me, but I can never remember where those bits and pieces go), but it took hearing the album in a Starbucks for me to get it -- it's an album for a coffee shop muzak system because it works perfectly in that environment, heard in bits and bobs, distracted by sights and sounds and the smell of coffee.

Maybe when they come back, they'll have found the spark again, maybe they'll make something that sounds new. Maybe they need a sitar and saxophone attack.
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2013, 18:35

I think a break would be good for them. It seems they've been going non-stop for the past several years. They can use this time to get a breather before coming up with new material on their own time, as opposed to feeling pressured to get an album out with x number of songs in x amount of time.

Also, I think your saxophone suggestion is a good one. Then again, I like the saxophone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mumford and sons   Mumford and sons - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mumford and sons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: