elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Empty
PostSubject: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 15:13

Went to see 'An Evening With Snow Patrol' at the Royal Albert Hall last night. They mostly performed reworked versions of their own songs but also did two cover versions; Madonna's 'Ray Of Light' and Elbow's 'One Day Like This'. Gary Lightbody paid tribute to the band and then admitted he wouldn't be able to hit the high note. It was a good attempt but...1-Nil the Garvey!
I got the impression they were using the same string section. Does anyone know if Jote and the girls were moonlighting as I couldn't see them clearly from the East Choir?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 19:33

Sarah said she saw them at a Snow P gig she went to recently.
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 20:33

Can't tell from the photo I took.
[img]Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. P1020510[/img]
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 20:49

evilpixie wrote:
Went to see 'An Evening With Snow Patrol' at the Royal Albert Hall last night. They mostly performed reworked versions of their own songs but also did two cover versions; Madonna's 'Ray Of Light' and Elbow's 'One Day Like This'. Gary Lightbody paid tribute to the band and then admitted he wouldn't be able to hit the high note. It was a good attempt but...1-Nil the Garvey!
I got the impression they were using the same string section. Does anyone know if Jote and the girls were moonlighting as I couldn't see them clearly from the East Choir?
Definitely them!
Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Dsc03110
They can just be glanced there...

I am an old fan of the Patrol, in that i like the first 3 and a bit albums and they've soundtracked some great times, but i can't abide the rest... But i really object to them playing ODLT, which they essentially ripped off for Crack the Shutters. Changing a curtain to a shutter doesn't mean it isn't that obvious. Ah well, it's a far inferior offering and i did enjoy Monday, i never thought I'd hear Cartwheels live!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 23:05

You're in there somewhere Sarah!!!

Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. P1020611

Biggest gripe of the evening was queuing ages to pay nearly £8 for a pint and then having to throw it down my neck because you couldn't take drinks into the auditorium. If Elbow ever play there I'll go prepared Drunk
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 07:32

I saw them in Bristol!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 16:21

Dohh! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 20:46

But you can see my friend Jacqui, mod on the old SP board!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.   Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow Patrol cover 'One Day Like This' live.
Page 1 of 1