elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

arena tonight reprise

Go down 
+2
hilaryg
m21
6 posters
AuthorMessage
m21
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-18

arena tonight reprise Empty
PostSubject: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 11:16

any idea what time they are due to start?

its for an extra couple of pints im planning before paying over the odds for the insipid pish in the venue, ta
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 11:35

Or...

Given that Elbow aren't the kind of band where you need to be beered-up to have a good time, come earlier, listen to the support and enjoy the atmosphere of the venue?
Back to top Go down
m21
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 11:56

hilaryg wrote:
Or...

Given that Elbow aren't the kind of band where you need to be beered-up to have a good time, come earlier, listen to the support and enjoy the atmosphere of the venue?

atmosphere of the venue???? you been the arena?
Back to top Go down
neil68
fallen angel
fallen angel
neil68

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 14:05

I would agree that they are not in need of alcholic enhancement, but the last 2 gigs I went to, as perfect as Elbow were, had been almost ruined by the constant chattering and messing around of curious giggers around me.

I find that a few beers helps me to move around to look for a more appreciate section of the crowd, although I don't want to be as wrecked as I was at my first Elbow gig.
Back to top Go down
m21
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 15:19

neil68 wrote:
I would agree that they are not in need of alcholic enhancement, but the last 2 gigs I went to, as perfect as Elbow were, had been almost ruined by the constant chattering and messing around of curious giggers around me.

I find that a few beers helps me to move around to look for a more appreciate section of the crowd, although I don't want to be as wrecked as I was at my first Elbow gig.

aye, any idea what time they are due on?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 16:26

If you ring the MEN they should tell you the running order
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 01:13

I take back the bit about listen to the support. Unfortunately not at all the cup of tea of anyone near us.
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 12:22

hilaryg wrote:
I take back the bit about listen to the support. Unfortunately not at all the cup of tea of anyone near us.

Yep too much denim going on for my liking and all the songs sounded the same , ha Smile
Good meeting you yesterday, shame I had to go straight afterwards.
Back to top Go down
neil68
fallen angel
fallen angel
neil68

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 16:07

Sitting at the back of a huge arena watching, what were they called? was surreal; It was like a scene from a 70's documentary, possibly called The Decline of Progressive Rock! I couldn't figure out if it was a male/female singer as she sounded like a gravelly Geddy Lee to me. Anyway, I ventured down to the front of the hall before they finished and they sounded no better there either.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 07:44

Near the end she announced a song called something like Near the End and a guy behind us said loudly "thank **** for that". I think it says it all Wink - shame about the Howling Bells really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: arena tonight reprise   arena tonight reprise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

arena tonight reprise
Page 1 of 1