elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW ARENA SHOWS

Go down 
+36
Bright Grey
djvh
Gotterdammerung
Minerva69
kallumnolan
Adderz
boy
Dave K
Lesley Gilks
Audrey
elbowismymuse
hilaryg
JK
Jones
Lynne
TinTin
Carl0sAlbert0
johng22
mainscoe
natalia
suered
emma
fragrant_monkey
mitchy
OllieCT
Dovesmad
ElbowFreak
Kim
ChrissieInFL
Molly
ChrissyBoy
mrswoman
My Bury Vest
Lillybef
ticky
errant
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 07:09

we have a new tour this year!!!! yay... although they're missing out the North East (boooooo....) from elbow.co.uk :

elbow have announced a UK Arena tour for November and December 2012 with shows in
Nottingham, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and London.

elbow fans will be given a chance to buy a limited number of tickets in a special pre-sale which
opens tomorrow morning at 9am (Tuesday 24th July).

The pre-sale link will be sent out to everyone signed up to the official elbow mailing list.
For your chance to get tickets in the pre-sale sign up to the mailing list here now.

November 26th - Nottingham, Capital FM Arena
November 28th - Birmingham, NIA
November 29th - Liverpool, Echo Arena
December 1st - Manchester, MEN Arena
December 2nd - London, The O2
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 07:59

Well.... who's going? I fancy the Manchester show myself.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 08:05

Just a thought - do you think it's a tour to promote a new album....?
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 08:33

Eek!! Much excitement in the house this morning at this announcement Smile

Im hoping that we will bag tickets for the Manchester gig. Would love to do Liverpool as well, but there is no way that funds will stretch.

As for promoting a new album, that would be great. As much as i love BARB I do personally feel that they have toured it to death.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 08:33

Hmm, think I'll give it a miss - I've done the MEN twice now.

You'd expect them to play 2 or 3 from 'Dead In The Boot' surely ?
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 08:46

On the Rock Werchter stream last month, there was an interview with the band after their performance and they said they'd be trying out some material from the new album! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 09:14

ticky wrote:
Just a thought - do you think it's a tour to promote a new album....?

nah... wraps up the promo cycle for build a rocket... launch it on the 1st day of the olympics to catch the goodwill from their theme tune etc etc...
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 09:15

My Bury Vest wrote:

I'd like to think so... it would make it everything that their first arena tour wasnt for me... MEN is a saturday too... :-D
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 09:33

Poor show, no Scotland gig? Uk tour? Pah !!!!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 09:48

errant wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:

I'd like to think so... it would make it everything that their first arena tour wasnt for me... MEN is a saturday too... :-D

I genuinely really enjoyed the 2 MEN gigs, a third though is too much for me personally......I'll be back on the live date scene with Elbow once the new LP comes out.

I eagerly await any news !Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Molly
fallen angel
fallen angel
Molly

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-25

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 10:09

errant wrote:
yay... although they're missing out the North East (boooooo....)

That's exactly what I thought Sad

Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 11:20

____molly____ wrote:
errant wrote:
yay... although they're missing out the North East (boooooo....)

That's exactly what I thought Sad

swings and roundabouts - perhaps it means they'll do their warmup show at the academy... :-D not surprised to be fair, they didnt sell out the arena last time anyway...

never been to the 02 in London before, tempted to see what its like as the gig is a sunday night! otherwise the MEN on saturday for me...
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 11:22

My Bury Vest wrote:
errant wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:

I genuinely really enjoyed the 2 MEN gigs, a third though is too much for me personally......I'll be back on the live date scene with Elbow once the new LP comes out.

I eagerly await any news !Twisted Evil

reading my post back i hope it didnt sound like i didnt enjoy their last arena tour (which i did!), i just had specific set choice issues which i think we've raked over enough in the past...

echo arena too far to go for a change of scene?
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 11:42

mrswoman wrote:
On the Rock Werchter stream last month, there was an interview with the band after their performance and they said they'd be trying out some material from the new album! Cool
Implied, but maybe not clearly enough in my post earlier - the band said this in relation to "doing some UK arena dates in the autumn".
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 15:26

God, wish I could be there!!! But here's the thing...Mr. Chrissie's in Scotland just now. Should I have him try and grab some tickets tomorrow, in case any of you guys can't get them yourselves? Not to say he'll manage it either, but at least there's one more person who's not a price-gouging ticket tout scumsucker getting their hand in. And if he does get some and anyone needs them we can make sure real fans take 'em! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 15:32

After having done multiple gigs from each of the last few tours and the setlist being exactly the same, think I will settle for just the London date this time. A shame as not that long ago I would have gone to all 5 shows and sod the expense, hehe. Still, exciting news. Very Happy

Chrissie - What a lovely thought. There's usually people that end up asking for tickets on here but there'd be no guarantee that your mister would be able to sell any tickets he managed to get. Hmm... not sure!

EDIT: I was also hoping that it would tie in with a new album release, but I guess the fact that there are only 5 shows fits in with the BARB! wrap-up theory.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 16:04

Those are moments were I would love to life in the UK! Sad

Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 22:25

Right, Mr. Chrissie has decided he'll try and grab some to the MEN show. He may get 'em, he may not, but if he does he will let me know. Smile
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 06:17

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Right, Mr. Chrissie has decided he'll try and grab some to the MEN show. He may get 'em, he may not, but if he does he will let me know. Smile

What a kind soul you are Chrissie (and Monsieur Chrissie !) - I really hope they go to a grateful home ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dovesmad
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-06-19

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 06:27

I've been following Elbow almost from the beginning, and whilst I am delighted, of course, at their continuing succcess, I am equally disappointed that they appear to have 'sold out' to the new fan base.

Most of BARB isn't a patch on their older stuff (with the very odd exception), and yet the guys insist on making their set list almost exclusively out of TSSK and BARB.

I have seen the band more times than I care to try and even think about, from the Academys at Manchester and Liverpool all those years ago, to Venue Cymru, Bridgewater Hall (both dates), MEN Arena and Jodrell Bank and many more - going from a few hundred (happy days) to many thousands in the audience.

I am seriously thinking of giving this one a miss. I'm just not enjoying 'more of the same' any more pale

I never thought I would hear myself say that.

Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 08:05

oh well... in for a penny, in for 76 quid! two tickets for the MEN sorted...
Back to top Go down
OllieCT
fallen angel
fallen angel
OllieCT

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-08-08

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 08:26

Have to agree with most on here, I enjoyed Jodrell Bank but it was a tad annoying with the repetitive setlist. And as much as I love Guy's interaction with the crowd I do wonder if they could play more songs if he cut it down a bit, ah well.

They don't have to really tour and promote barb! as an album itself any more so I'm hoping they mix the setlist up a bit but if they don't then...

The sixth album is so so important for them now, the problem with barb! for me is it's far too saccharine and you shouldn't really be creating albums based on where you're going to be playing so I hope they just go with where their recorded music and practices take them rather than setting out for a particular venue or a particular demographic... it'll either be elbow going gun ho and hopefully doing something different or going down the road we've seen so many bands before do...

Last edited by OllieCT on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 21:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 08:29

Got my London tickets,not keen on stadiums but can't miss the boys!hope to see u there kim,any of the other potterside massive going?
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 08:35

Know what you mean Dovesmad. It's to be expected though with any band once they've got more than a few albums under their belt. I don't pretend to know how the music industry works but I would imagine there's a certain amount of pressure from the music labels in getting them to play the latest albums/singles as much as possible.

ION, got my London ticket. 09:32 at the moment, Manchester standing has sold out but looks like tickets are still available for all the rest. Smile

EDIT: Wahey mitchy, see you there indeed!
Back to top Go down
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-04

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 08:44

Hi, Kim, Mitchy and all,

Tickets for O2 Arena sorted, standing. Now can't wait for the Olympic single and then the B Sides album to appear next month (OK there's not much on there that I don't already have, but a new album's a must!)

2012 is turning out to be almost as good as 2011!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEW ARENA SHOWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ARENA SHOWS
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next