elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros

Go down 
+16
Tailfly
MagicalTrevor
Grant
My Bury Vest
ticky
ChrissieInFL
WOBLEwoble
josephblack
al
fadeupyoursmile
Jones
Stockhaus
nellie
sundaygirl
lucky with disease
mrswoman
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 09:33

Ah, that's just brilliant!!!! He is easy to talk to actually. It's not until after you've realised who you're been speaking to adn you get all gooey (or I do)! Ahhhh I love you
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 09:39

lol! When we left Guy was stood outside smoking, we walked past but then I had to stop and just have another look at him, my hubby asked me if I was going to admit I fancy Guy yet, OMG I sound about 14 Embarassed
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 10:26

bounce He is hard NOT to fancy. What an ABSOLUTE doll he is! I remember when my friend I went to Tiger Tiger, we were waiting ages to go up but the stairs were still roped off. Then we saw a couple of people going up so we followed - no one stopped us. First floor, couple of security guards, we ask if this is the Elbow DJ set, they look at us weird and say, no, maybe keep going up. Go up the stairs and get to this big empty (or so I thoguht) room. I walk in and say "this can't be it." Then I hear "Hey hey!" and there are Elbow (minus Pete) on that little stage setting up. Guy had his arms open wide and did a litle dance and then came over and started talking to us. I was amazingly calm but I was dying inside (in a good way)! drunken
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 11:49

D'yer know they say you should never meet your heroes........I'd NEVER want to meet Morrissey, would rather admire from afar, also he doesn't seem that approachable.....thing is, Guy DOES appear approachable but I'd be gutted if i met him on a bad day, as we all have them, and my admiration of him was sent tumbling..........
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 11:54

I felt exactly the same way. But now I'm glad I did, cos if possible I love them and their music even more!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 11:56

I've read of where Radiohead fans tried to meet Thom Yorke and found that he was a complete w*nker; just totally blanked them. They were gutted.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:01

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Wow, y'all are gonna have such a time! Wish I could go too...make sure somebody posts some pics when you get home, 'kay? Very Happy

I will have my trusty camera with me! bounce
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:04

I was backstage in Blackpool a year ago after a James gig. Larry and especially Jim were courteous and friendly but when Tim walked in a few girls asked politely for his autograph bt it was a curt 'no not tonight', I felt sorry for the girls. Now, I know bands tour for months on end sometimes and Yes, they WILL, I'm sure want a bit fo time out, but it would have taken 30 seconds to sign 3 autographs at the most.

Sorry, for sliding off topic !!
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:32

I talked to someone on another board who is also going to this gig, and I mentioned that you all were talking about going and wearing sombreros and stuff, they thought it was a brilliant idea and that it would be hilarious to see a sea of sombreros in the crowd.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:34

It's going to be fantastic!

I was wondering - do you think we should get one extra one to throw on stage if they do sing MS? It'd be great if Guy was wearing one too.
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:34

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:37

Someone had done that at Delamere and as you can see from my photo it achieved the desired result!
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:38

and Guy being such a sweetheart would probably wear it if he saw all of you guys in the crowd with your sombreros on and big puppy eyes wanting him to put it on during MS
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:53

So, which kind of sombreros are we getting? I do have a bit of a thing for the ones with the tassles... bounce
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:55

sundaygirl wrote:
Someone had done that at Delamere and as you can see from my photo it achieved the desired result!

Do you know, I had just assumed that was a reeeeally good photoshop job...
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 13:05

Nope! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 13:06

tassles are good, when there are shit loads of flies around, but would they not be a little bit annoying when you are trying to watch a gig?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 13:07

Oh, i dind't think of that...good point. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 13:13

they should have strappythings though so if it falls off it will stay around your neck! or else the sombreros will be gone in no time
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 13:15

Well, during the show I think we all pretty much agreed to take them off, so as not to annoy everyone else. Though I definitely think we should wear them during MS!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 13:17

yes! during MS they must be on! i mean how fun would not tha tbe, MS kick in and a pack of peopel put sombreros on!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 13:22

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 18:30

This is going to be so great, we need definate numbers of who's meeting up beforehand and who wants a sombrero if someones going to order them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 21:08

nellie wrote:
This is going to be so great, we need definate numbers of who's meeting up beforehand and who wants a sombrero if someones going to order them. Very Happy

I'm in for a sombrero please. Just let me know when you are ordering - might need two but thinks my daughter, Sam, might already have one.

Smile
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 06:17

I'll need two please - actually, who IS ordering them?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next