elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?

Go down 
+8
ChrissyBoy
@MrIanGibson
lucky with disease
ticky
My Bury Vest
Lynne
Lesley Gilks
WOBLEwoble
12 posters
AuthorMessage
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Empty
PostSubject: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 20:03

Hi
Doing this gig by myself. Would be good to meet up with a few others before the gig. I'm In Nottingham from just after lunch. Getting the tram there.

Any one else arriving early?

Question
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 17:47

I'm coming and I'm just sorting out transport and hotel. Love to see you there!
Lesley
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 18:12

I'm going to get there as early as I can but having probs with work now. I might not be able to get to Arena till about 6:00. Wondering if that is too late for a meet up.

I want to get close to front but not worried about barrier. Don't like getting squished.

Reading your other message - the train cost is a bit steep !!
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 08:32

If you go to the website and pre-book you can usually get a great saving. Mine is the difference between £45.00 and £17.00.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 12:54

Whooo-hooo. Only a few hours before we leave.

I have butterflies already thinking about tonight, am sooo excited.

Hope everyone who goes has a wonderful time and manages to bag a good spot at the front.

Looks like it may be pretty much the same setlist as Cambridge but who cares it's Elbow at the end of the day and with Mr Garvey's banter we're in for a great night.

Have fun all!!

A very excited Lynne. x
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 12:57

Have a great time all you Nottingham people, hopefully, as usual, they'll give their all and rest easy before Sheffield on Saturday ! bounce
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 13:00

Have a FAB time (of course you will!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 13:08

Have fun tonight Lynne!
Enjoy the Villagers too.
Hope to bump into you somewhere on the 29th? or at least wave to you!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 15:46

Top tip for anyone going early to get a good view. Go to the end of the catwalk where the String Quartet should be playing at the beginning. Perfect view spot after they leave.

Enjoy yourself guys whoever is going to Nottingham Beer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 17:43

have a great night folks !
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 17:55

hope you all have a wonderful time!! Very Happy Looking forward to reading about it tomorrow
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
Jason
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 23:53

Hi ive just got back from the Nottingham gig, just wanted to say i had a great night and the lads were on form, especially Guy with his banter, love it!lol
Im still disappointed though that they didnt play anything off the first two albums, it was very much for TSSK fans whereas many of us who have been into Elbow since the first album were left wanting more, from those albums, hopefully if they do another tour of the UK towards the end of the year they will include more older stuff.
Had a good night anyway, Guy was knackered after a jog to the other end of the arena, me thinks a bit of treadmil work is in order!lol Smile I'm only jealous cos he didnt run towards me Smile
See you again soon lads
Back to top Go down
djvh
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 10:24

How long before Chris Martin copies the "run to the furthest person away" trick? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 12:02

At last found a minute to report last night was amazing. The same setlist as before no extras. The sound was great. Guy certainly was on top form, think he may have wetted his apetite prior to the start.

The string quartet was beautiful, they played a lot of old favourites which was nice as SSK seems to feature heavily in the setlist. Can't complain though being in the second row from the front it really felt quite intimate even though it was an arena venue. They'll never be another Cambridge but this was excellent non the less.

The Villagers were great, the frontman's voice sounding amazingly clear.

Towercrane was one of my highlights as was Great Expectations and Puncture Repair. Good timing as I remember when the guys performed Puncture Repair and raised £8 million whilst playing that song for Comic Relief a few years ago.

I would like to have heard High Ideals and The River live but maybe another time. Nice to see lots of young folk there too. Like said before (BT-remix) a fab spot down the runway section of the stage is a great viewing point.

Looking forward to the 02 when we do it all over again, but of course on an even bigger scale!
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 19:14

Fantastic set, fantastic night and can't wait until Wednesday. Managed to get a set list but I'm not sure whose it was. I didn't take to get too many photos as I was enjoying myself too much and didn't want to miss a second.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 00:13

Lynne wrote:

At last found a minute to report last night was amazing. The same setlist as before no extras. The sound was great. Guy certainly was on top form, think he may have wetted his apetite prior to the start.

a friend of very loose connection to myself made comment about guy wetting his whistle in newcatle during the week, she has slight concerns for the chaps liver by all accounts...

Neutral

Lynne wrote:

The Villagers were great, the frontman's voice sounding amazingly clear.

agreeded... really loved their set on wednesday night, defo gonna see them next time they pass thru tyne & wear...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?   NOTTNGHAM - Meet up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOTTNGHAM - Meet up?
Page 1 of 1