elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow play MEN

Go down 
+50
evilpixie
Cestriansteve
andy_landy
Weepsie
sparkly
oneofthethree
ChrissyBoy
the mexican
neil68
TamedLamia
sparky
redliz2
ChrisMcW
Mr Woman
Kim
a5quared
Bright Grey
LongLegs
Tailfly
fadeupyoursmile
takemeanywhere
Misspelt Yoof
ChrissieInFL
Diaan
Fancy Pants
KieranFunzig
Cozzer
Honorella
Emma G
newborn
Lynne
Rockport
Glendarian
Jools
Stockhaus
WOBLEwoble
bluefield
mrswoman
hilaryg
josephblack
ticky
nellie
nikkijaydee
Jones
lucky with disease
MagicalTrevor
My Bury Vest
Lillybef
al
sundaygirl
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 20:55

The Mr & Mrs MT power of inspiration is indeed to be revered as me and Mr W can testify. We met them in Oct last year and now I'm a sorcerer's apprentice. lol!

If we do have a meetup, mebbe we should all get a Mexican sombrero - or something - like a devoted fanbase version of a stag/hen party out for the night. jocolor I could make the lasses small mirrorball earrings seeing as I have lots of li'l ones from Christmas decs. Hmmmm....
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 20:56

Oh, yeah! Good idea!!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:00

al wrote:
Hahaha! Nah, neither me or Sarah would be able to get time off work, or even afford to get there. If we can't get to London, Manchester's pretty much out of the question!

I'd love to see them play in their hometown though. Must be such a great atmosphere - I want you all front and centre singing along!

Hey Al - If you're in the Bath area, I'm not far away (Newport). I could probably give you both a lift up and back again if you want (no charge of course). Either I could pick you up from Newport station or meet at some point near the Severn Bridge. It's all do-able.
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:00

Love to see the Elboys faces when they see a big ole gang of us at the front wearing sombrero's and mirrorballs lol!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:03

ticky wrote:
al wrote:
Hahaha! Nah, neither me or Sarah would be able to get time off work, or even afford to get there. If we can't get to London, Manchester's pretty much out of the question!

I'd love to see them play in their hometown though. Must be such a great atmosphere - I want you all front and centre singing along!

Hey Al - If you're in the Bath area, I'm not far away (Newport). I could probably give you both a lift up and back again if you want (no charge of course). Either I could pick you up from Newport station or meet at some point near the Severn Bridge. It's all do-able.

Elbow fans are swell.... I love you
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:11

ticky wrote:
al wrote:

Woah woah woah I didn't even see this - that's such a lovely thing to offer, thank you so much! We'll have to get back to you some other time, once I've held a diplomatic discussion with Sarah!
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:12

thought about it for all of 5 seconds, love Elbow hate the bloody M.E.N. corporate sanitization of music nah its a miss for me unfortunately, I saw The Arcade Fire there and although they played well it was as exciting as... well it was 'nt, it was average, like Starbucks, like Mc D, start at 7 30 out by 10 30, stupid money for programme, plastic beer etc etc, sorry to be an old grumpy bugger.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:13

If Im in town I will have a drink at Sinclairs or somewhere though
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:14

Can you feel the love I love you
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:23

Hey Bluey, we were at the AF gig. Did you sing along to the 'Wake Up' chants that everyone kept going as they trooped all the way through Victoria? That was a real top moment - ahhh. cheers

Anyway, it'd be nice to meet you for a bevy though!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 22:05

Ha ha yeah OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, we could hear them as we went to the scally car park, brilliant ( M.E.N still shit though)
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 22:09

mrswoman wrote:
The Mr & Mrs MT power of inspiration is indeed to be revered as me and Mr W can testify. We met them in Oct last year and now I'm a sorcerer's apprentice. lol!

If we do have a meetup, mebbe we should all get a Mexican sombrero - or something - like a devoted fanbase version of a stag/hen party out for the night. jocolor I could make the lasses small mirrorball earrings seeing as I have lots of li'l ones from Christmas decs. Hmmmm....

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 22:24

Good luck in getting tickets everyone. My daughter is sitting on the phone for me at 9:00. I'll have a mad two hour dash from work to get there. Wish it was a Saturday. I'll be praying for no trafic on the M6!!!!

Drinks at M.E.N. ok. Sound at M.E.N. pathetic. Need to get up to the front.

cheers bounce Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 23:43

count me in. i'll so be there.
yay im happy now.

oh and yes, it being another arena gig, don't mind because wembley was amazing and they can really pull it off those lads. it was ace so im nothing but excited.
Back to top Go down
Jools
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 06:59

On a countdown now till Friday. Not being able to go to any other gigs this year has made this one a must for us. Pity it's at the MEN-a venue I find totally soulless and depressing. Only one thing for it-we will get there hours too early and queue to be at the front. Hope this isn't the end of smaller gigs though. bounce
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 08:40

I'm totally in 2 minds over an arena gig too, and hope they play some smaller venues in future (with pre-sales so we can actually get tickets) but if we get to the front I suppose you don't notice the rest of the venue (or non-intersted people in the audience) and I'm sure when it comes to Friday 9:00 I'll just be thinking of seeing Elbow not the huge soulless venue, and be in there buying tickets. Smile

Love the idea of sombreros & mirrorball earrings lol - though being a considerate soul we'd have to take the sombreros off when they started so the people behind could see. Laughing Shouldn't a pre-gig meet up be in the queue to make sure we get our front centre positions? Wink
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 08:46

Glendarian wrote:
I'm totally in 2 minds over an arena gig too, and hope they play some smaller venues in future (with pre-sales so we can actually get tickets) but if we get to the front I suppose you don't notice the rest of the venue (or non-intersted people in the audience) and I'm sure when it comes to Friday 9:00 I'll just be thinking of seeing Elbow not the huge soulless venue, and be in there buying tickets. SmileWink

Yes im in the same mind set as you, but its Elbow so woop woop!
Im leaving it in the capable hands of the other half to get tickets on Friday as I shall be off for the weekend for my mates hen do.
Loving the idea of a meet up
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 08:51

Agree with most on here, when I saw the announcement, I didn't think, oh balls it's the MEN Arena, I just thought, hey ! another Elbow gig !!

Been to a few gigs there but not for a long time, Oasis, Manics, Ian Brown, Charlatans, Happy Mondays to name but a few, in the main they turned out good, just depends on your vantage point.

I reckon it'll be absolutely brilliant, just hope I can bag standing tickets. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockport
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 09:00

nellie wrote:
I STILL haven't got my B/W tix yet hopefully picking them up on thursday though.

I'd give them a call if I were you - they had a batch which didn't reach people, including me - they sent me duplicates and I've had them a while now ..... Beer cheers everyone
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 10:04

One of the best gigs I ever saw was Muse at the MEN.

I'd prefer to stand a bit further back tbh, the sound and visuals are usually better.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 13:42

HOW TO GET FANTASTIC ELBOW TICKETS FOR NEW MEN SHOW

Sorry i found this...ebay again,

but its the future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 15:55

mrswoman wrote:

Great idea!!!! Sometimes at that pub, during big match games, you get hordes of football fans swilling beer and chanting football songs and generally making a racket....WE COULD DO THE SAME!!!! But with Elbow! In our hats and mirrorball earrings! Love it!!

Oh, can't wait til Friday 9am! bounce
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 16:00

Glendarian wrote:
I'm totally in 2 minds over an arena gig too, and hope they play some smaller venues in future (with pre-sales so we can actually get tickets) but if we get to the front I suppose you don't notice the rest of the venue (or non-intersted people in the audience) and I'm sure when it comes to Friday 9:00 I'll just be thinking of seeing Elbow not the huge soulless venue, and be in there buying tickets. Smile

Love the idea of sombreros & mirrorball earrings lol - though being a considerate soul we'd have to take the sombreros off when they started so the people behind could see. Laughing Shouldn't a pre-gig meet up be in the queue to make sure we get our front centre positions? Wink

Ha ha, I'm surprised my friends aren't giving me flack for eating my words; "I would NEVER see Elbow at the MEN!! Never!!" But like you I'm just thinking "Elbow gig!" And it will be a cool new experience seeing them in a place like that. And the big meet up before hand is such a great idea. But, yeah...I'm thinking it should be an early meeet up and then in line by...what...5ish? To secure our place!!! Deffo!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 16:14

I'm getting pre-ticket buying nerves....what if the site is down? What if it get jammed? What if it sells out in seconds? Ugh. I hate the wait!!! pale
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 16:24

I was dreaming about it half the night, then ended up getting up at 5.30am cos I couldnt sleep, its getting out of hand but I'm convinced I'm not going to get a ticket. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow play MEN
Page 3 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next