elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow play MEN

Go down 
+50
evilpixie
Cestriansteve
andy_landy
Weepsie
sparkly
oneofthethree
ChrissyBoy
the mexican
neil68
TamedLamia
sparky
redliz2
ChrisMcW
Mr Woman
Kim
a5quared
Bright Grey
LongLegs
Tailfly
fadeupyoursmile
takemeanywhere
Misspelt Yoof
ChrissieInFL
Diaan
Fancy Pants
KieranFunzig
Cozzer
Honorella
Emma G
newborn
Lynne
Rockport
Glendarian
Jools
Stockhaus
WOBLEwoble
bluefield
mrswoman
hilaryg
josephblack
ticky
nellie
nikkijaydee
Jones
lucky with disease
MagicalTrevor
My Bury Vest
Lillybef
al
sundaygirl
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 19:02

I think we're going for just the tasch... Leaders style!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 20:06

LongLegs wrote:
We got ours from eBay as well, includes a moustache!!

it's the way we roll Smile

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEXICAN-STRAW-SOMBRERO-FANCY-DRESS-HATS-INC-MOUSTACHE_W0QQitemZ380119356113QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAdult_Fancy_Dress_UK?hash=item5880e112d1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

No luck on this site. the buyer is away until 10 september then there will be delays on deliveries. Mad
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 08:22

Sarah wrote:
I think we're going for just the tasch... Leaders style!

Good idea with the tash Sarah, and easier to carry in your bag.
Im off all day next Friday, so am planning on getting into Manchester a bit earlier. dont really fancy walking around with a big sombrero Smile

Anyway, have any definate plans been made for a meet up next Friday?
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 10:55

Re meet-up plans, so far it's still Sinclairs, the old pub opposite M&S near The Triangle is the meet-up spot. Just need to sort out a time:
mrswoman wrote:
Doors at the MEN are 6.00pm with support on at 7.30. Any ideas what time's good for folk to gather at the pub? Bearing in mind the plan was to stake a mass place at the front and it takes about 10-15 mins walk round to the arena.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 12:42

I'm really looking forward to seeing the pics from this night - y'all are going to have a BLAST and I can't wait to see how you rocked your sombreros & 'staches! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 18:46

Yeah, hope you guys have a great time.
Pity i'm so far away !
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 19:37

mrswoman wrote:
Re meet-up plans, so far it's still Sinclairs, the old pub opposite M&S near The Triangle is the meet-up spot. Just need to sort out a time:
mrswoman wrote:
Doors at the MEN are 6.00pm with support on at 7.30. Any ideas what time's good for folk to gather at the pub? Bearing in mind the plan was to stake a mass place at the front and it takes about 10-15 mins walk round to the arena.

Just for those not so familiar with Manchester, the back of the building that opens out on the square where Sinclairs is, is Selfridges - they took over half the building from M+S a while back.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 09:05

My mirrorball earrings arrived in today's post. Bloody hell, they're huge, my earlobes will look like elephants by the time we're done lol!
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 09:07

[quote="oneofthethree"]
mrswoman wrote:
mrswoman wrote:

Just for those not so familiar with Manchester, the back of the building that opens out on the square where Sinclairs is, is Selfridges - they took over half the building from M+S a while back.[/quot

I can be there at any time as Ive taken the whole day off Smile Looking forward to meeting up with everyone
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 09:23

Thanks for the info tweak BB. Shall we say 'officially' from 5pm?

If anyone 'new' to forum meets gets there early, study the Audience with Guy group pic to help spot your fellow ERO-ers . Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 11:38

mrswoman wrote:

If anyone 'new' to forum meets gets there early, study the Audience with Guy group pic to help spot your fellow ERO-ers . Smile

We are going to try but it will be a struggle. First time I will have met you all.
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 12:27

WOBLEwoble wrote:
mrswoman wrote:

We are going to try but it will be a struggle. First time I will have met you all.

Loooking forward to meeting you WOBLEwoble if you can make it
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 13:07

I think we'll probably be getting there around 5pm (I'm not sure though - Ticky?) so If you see two posh sounding birds wondering round looking lost, do say hello and point us towards the group! I'm working an early shift from now until next Friday so I'm afraid you won't be meeting me at my best, but I'll try!

So excited Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 13:10

al wrote:
If you see two posh sounding birds

Are the Guilemots coming then? pirat Wink
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 13:34

al wrote:
I think we'll probably be getting there around 5pm (I'm not sure though - Ticky?) so If you see two posh sounding birds wondering round looking lost, do say hello and point us towards the group! I'm working an early shift from now until next Friday so I'm afraid you won't be meeting me at my best, but I'll try!

So excited Very Happy

We should be there before 5pm with any luck. I aim to leave Newport at 11.26 (when Al and Sarah's train gets in) - so 3 hours in the car (with a 10 minute wee and chocolate break at Stafford). I think we'll be wrecked by the time the rest of ERO get there....
BTW Al - would you find out the postcode of the hostel you're staying in please. sat nav etc..
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 09:55

Looking like we will stsruggle to make the pub. My daughter wont be home until 5:00 - we're coming from Warrington.
We are hoping to get up close to barrier though. You can't miss us - we're both 6' tall. Give us a wave. I'll look out for familiar faces from the photo.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 12:41

WOBLEwoble wrote:
Looking like we will stsruggle to make the pub. My daughter wont be home until 5:00 - we're coming from Warrington.
We are hoping to get up close to barrier though. You can't miss us - we're both 6' tall. Give us a wave. I'll look out for familiar faces from the photo.
lol!

6ft each? your going to be popular with the people who get stuck behind you (hope it wont be me ) Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 14:35

And some of us other six footers will have sombreros on, too! Shocked

If I may digress for a moment, but on a similar theme, when Mrs W and I went to see Billy Bragg earlier in the summer, it was in the Brewery Arts Centre Kendal. It was standing only, there was a flat floor and the stage was about a foot high. This lad, who was about six foot five with an ENOOOOOORMOUS afro goes and plonks himself centre stage right in front of the mike stand, thus totally obscuring Mr Bragg from most of the audience.

What a git. My, how we laughed.

See you in Manchester!
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 15:03

Right thats it, the high heeled boots(not the most sensible footwear for a gig)will have to go on if ive any chance of seeing
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 15:37

Oooohhhh you lucky things!! Crying or Very sad

We are off to Dublin on Monday to see the Boys support Coldplay, yeahhhh! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 15:38

Quote :
Right thats it, the high heeled boots(not the most sensible footwear for a gig)will have to go on if ive any chance of seeing

Perhaps we could get our own Tower Crane Driver to give as a lift and good view. Laughing
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 18:36

I am very much looking forward to this... very much!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 20:36

Aren't. We. All. !!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 21:00

bettyblue wrote:
WOBLEwoble wrote:
lol!

6ft each? your going to be popular with the people who get stuck behind you (hope it wont be me ) Smile

Sue coming with us is only just over 5' so sheis always fighting to get to barriers.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 21:01

Just been chatting to my daughter, Sam, about the gig. We really fancy dressing up for it. Get into the party mood.

Party!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow play MEN
Page 20 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next