elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra

Go down 
+54
weatherhead
allyngibson
oneofthethree
LongLegs
Eag
neil68
redliz2
heshofcheese
Grant
evad
andy_landy
yesman
Cestriansteve
bluefield
HANNAN372
captain pugwash
Tom
sparky
shandylegs
badabing
Mr Woman
MrsMagicalTrevor
ChrissieInFL
evilpixie
mrswoman
Glendarian
ticky
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
Lynne
Jones
MagicalTrevor
SmilinSkullRing
KieranFunzig
disposablehero
Hotblack
lucky with disease
newborn
Kim
Lillybef
My Bury Vest
gazzmatazz
takemeanywhere
Stockhaus
Honorella
Prestwich Red 143
fadeupyoursmile
nikkijaydee
Emma G
nellie
sundaygirl
al
hilaryg
Misspelt Yoof
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:19

The whole thing was just so stressful. I aged 10 years geting these things. I only hope when I come home from work tomorrow they'll be waiting for me in the mailbox!!!

Unless it's recorded delivery...did anyone have to sign for theirs?
Back to top Go down
disposablehero
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:36

sundaygirl wrote:

Nope - just standard 2nd class post for my Thursday tickets, which were ordered from the Bridgewater Hall website.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:38

Huh.

Well, I'll be at ease once these damn tickets arrive. Then I can start stressing about the Guy Garvey tickets instead!!
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:38

disposablehero wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:

Nope - just standard 2nd class post for my Thursday tickets, which were ordered from the Bridgewater Hall website.
There you go, second class post round here takes nearly a week.

I'm presuming as it's all seated thingy that in the event of the tix going lost they can re-issue if you produce id. I've been to theatre things where people have lost their tix, turned up and told them their seat number and they've just been let in!
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:39

sundaygirl wrote:
Huh.

Well, I'll be at ease once these damn tickets arrive. Then I can start stressing about the Guy Garvey tickets instead!!

Laughing those arrived yesterday.

I think we just have to be patient. We've over three months to wait!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:42

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!
affraid
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:48

OK, just checked my account again and those tix have been debited too...so nothing to worry about. Everything is fine....

The stress is too much, I won't make it. No
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:59

[soothing voice] come July it'll all be forgotten...... think fluffy kittens. cat
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 21:04

I try...but then they turn into evil fang-toothed postmen whispering "We've got your ticketssssss..."

No
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 08:39

My word, can't believe those prices, am certainly going down on the night/s to try and scoop one, but my budget was, and still is £100, anything more is just outta the question...........(probably the same lowlife that I saw outside the MEN Arena on Friday at 6am, first in line for Spandau Ballet tickets, and before anyone asks, NO I didn't purchase any !! Evil or Very Mad En route to work......
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 16:04

the tickets on ebay is ridiculous! £400 something for 2 tickets!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 16:13

It's awful. The worst is that people have bid on them. I would have been thrilled if those greedy b*******s didn't sell a single one and then were "stuck" with them. But I don't think that will happen.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 18:15

There are now 2 more lots...circle seats for wednesday.

Like I said, anyone with any sense wouldn't be bidding this early when there is several days to run. All these ticket auctions are coming from the Manchester area, I'm sure they all bid on each others in the first few days, to up the price and line their pockets, and make it look like Elbow fans are all fools with more money than sense... which of course is not the case.

Only mikeyboy36 has no bids yet...lets see if it stays that way.

Scarletmist

Ethical facevalue exchange may be worth checking for spares, aswell as on here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 18:49

Did anyone order their tickets from Quaytickets .com? i've ordered the ones for the Thurs night and the 'evening with' from them but they haven't arrived, also ordered some for the weds night from the Bridgewater hall website and they've not come either. Getting very stressed with this now. If their not here by tomorrow I'm going to be demanding I check the posties bag myself!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 19:11

I have't got any of my tixs yet either. I ordered the Guy tix from Quay, and Wednesday night tix at Bridgewater. Was really hoping thy'd have been here today.....if they don't come tomorrow I will start making some calls.
pale
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 19:35

Did you use a debit card to buy your tix Nellie? My friend was saying that they usually wait for the amount to clear before sending them out....I hope so anyway. You bought your Bridgewater Hall tix from Quay. I bought my direct form the BW box office, and my friend bought the Thursday night ones from the number posted on the myspace website and she got hers....

I won't rest till these tix come....
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009, 09:07

OK i've just got the tix from Quay (Thurs + evening with) nothing from Bridgwater yet and they're the best ones. Feel a bit better now but I'm still prepared to wrestle the postie if needs be.
I paid by credit card so don't know if that makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009, 09:09

If my Guy tix aren' there when I get home from work I will definitely give them a ring.
But I'm not too worried...

Shocked
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009, 11:23

Well mine didn't arrive this morning, so I called the Bridgewater Hall just now.

Their email server went down so no-one got email confirmation of website purchase. She confirmed my purchase and my ticket was apparently printed on the 24th and sent out second class.

She said if it hasn't arrived in the next few days to give them a call again, and gave me my ticket reference number. If we're not the only ones to have not got our tickets yet I'd suspect there's a delay their end rather than at sorting offices all over the country.

Being a theatre I think they're a lot more amenable to replacing lost tickets than the usual gig venues, should it come to that. I don't think we've reason to panic just yet.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009, 11:51

Well I called Quy Tickets about the Guy tix adn she said mine had been printed out and were most likely on their way as they have been printing out and mailing thousands of tix over the last couple of days.
Hilary, thanks for the Bridgewater info. You're right, i'm sure everything is OK, thogh I really wasn't that worried...
Wink
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009, 17:58

The Guy Garvey tix came! Phewww!!!!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 17:10

Well, my Bridgewater tix still haven't come so I phoned the box office and the guy was surprised too. They had been printed off and sent out the 24th. But he said no problem they'd print off other ones for me and I could go collect them at the box office when ever I wanted.

Creep that they seem to have disappeared though.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 18:04

Mine haven't arrived either Sundaygirl - I'm in Manchester at the weekend so may call into the box office and have a word.

You know, we must have got ours within minutes of each other - perhaps that batch has got lost on the way to the post office or something... Worth keeping an eye on eBay?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 18:08

I'd call, they're open til 8. They will print you out new ones and you can collect them there. He said if they arrive before I pick up the new ones to gice them a call. But I would definitely let them know thye haven't come.

God, and I thought I was being paranoind but this is creepy.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 18:20

I'll give it till Friday then call them.

Imagine what kind of state we'd be in if this we'd got standing non-replaceable Apollo tix or something? I'd be pinching the cat's blood pressure tablets!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra
Page 5 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next