elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra

Go down 
+54
weatherhead
allyngibson
oneofthethree
LongLegs
Eag
neil68
redliz2
heshofcheese
Grant
evad
andy_landy
yesman
Cestriansteve
bluefield
HANNAN372
captain pugwash
Tom
sparky
shandylegs
badabing
Mr Woman
MrsMagicalTrevor
ChrissieInFL
evilpixie
mrswoman
Glendarian
ticky
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
Lynne
Jones
MagicalTrevor
SmilinSkullRing
KieranFunzig
disposablehero
Hotblack
lucky with disease
newborn
Kim
Lillybef
My Bury Vest
gazzmatazz
takemeanywhere
Stockhaus
Honorella
Prestwich Red 143
fadeupyoursmile
nikkijaydee
Emma G
nellie
sundaygirl
al
hilaryg
Misspelt Yoof
58 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Empty
PostSubject: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 14:55

Long rumoured and now finally announced...

Quote :
From the release of 2001 debut Asleep in the Back to 2008’s Mercury Prize, and South Bank Show Award, winning fourth album The Seldom Seen Kid, Elbow’s journey has been a remarkable one. For the Festival, Manchester’s favourite sons return to their cherished home town to collaborate with another of the city’s artistic powerhouses in the shape of The Hallé, Manchester’s own multi-award-winning symphony orchestra and the city’s original cultural icon.

Over two nights at The Bridgewater Hall, Elbow and The Hallé will be playing songs from across the band’s career and beyond, curated in collaboration with Mancunian composer Joe Duddell. Trust us: you don’t want to miss this…

Link.

Very excited.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:05

Exciting indeed - I may overcome my reservation at all seated venues for such a night. When booking finally opens anyway, think my refresh button is getting worn out.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:06

hilaryg wrote:
Exciting indeed - I may overcome my reservation at all seated venues for such a night. When booking finally opens anyway, think my refresh button is getting worn out.
Save your button! I believe tickets go on sale tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: An evening with Guy Garvey!   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:07

Last edited by hilaryg on Thu 19 Mar 2009, 15:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : started new topic instead)
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:11

GAH! I'll have finished Uni for the summer but Sarah will still be at work. There is always a reason why we never make it to these things (aside from the fact that its halfway up the country, and getting there and sleeping the night would cost both of our arms and legs!). Boooo hiss

edit : I forgot to add, I hope anyone who does get tickets to these things has a great time! I'm not bitter. At all. Wink
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:16

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
Save your button! I believe tickets go on sale tomorrow afternoon.
Well, according to the festival website, tickets go on sale at 3pm today. It looks like they're gradually releasing tickets for the various events, as more and more events are become available. Just not Elbow yet.

I have managed to secure tickets to "an evening with" though. A bargain at £3 each!
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:27

On sale now.

How slow is this website?!
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:30

Looks like stalls tickets are only available to "festival friends", whoever they are. Suspect
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:43

No, they are available to everyone! Me and my fellow elbowies just got ours!!! Whooopppeeee Go to the Bridgewater site!!!
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 15:55

Just an observation, how crap must the side gallery seats be to be £15 when the others are £40+?!
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 16:17

Thanks very much to sundaygirl for the tip to go straight to the bridgewater hall site. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, having booked tix through there before.

Just a word of warning though if you're a Mac user - it doesn't like Safari. I had ticket A28 in my basket and the blasted website wouldn't let me checkout as it said my address was invalid. Sad

Fired up another browser and got a ticket in row B instead, so can't really really complain. I'll content myself with flicking popcorn at whoever sits in A28. Twisted Evil

Right, now that excitement is over it's back to painting the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 16:28

I'm in for all three. Anyone recommend any cheap hotels for the week?
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 16:42

whoop whoop, just got tickets for both nights, crap gallery for thursday but stalls for wednesday. cannot wait. Smile))
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 16:56

To anyone who got their tickets from the bridgewater hall website - has anyone got a confirmatory email yet? I'm a bit worried that on checkout it says it's ok, but there's no reference number, no option to print your receipt (that I saw anyway) and I'm still waiting for the email an hour later.

I tried giving feedback on their website for my earlier problems and I get an error message doing that too! REally rubbish design in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 17:25

Just got mine. So excited!!
Back to top Go down
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 17:47

Woooo just ordered mine. Cannot wait. Decided to break the bank and sit in the stalls too.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 18:40

al wrote:
GAH! I'll have finished Uni for the summer but Sarah will still be at work. There is always a reason why we never make it to these things (aside from the fact that its halfway up the country, and getting there and sleeping the night would cost both of our arms and legs!). Boooo hiss

edit : I forgot to add, I hope anyone who does get tickets to these things has a great time! I'm not bitter. At all. Wink
What she said! I'd love to go to something so special. Buggerations.
Back to top Go down
Prestwich Red 143
little beast
little beast
Prestwich Red 143

Number of posts : 62
Location : In the town where they know what I'm like and don't mind
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 18:58

Booked x 2. Thanks for the tip off Olivia and for sorting out the tickets.

Giddy or what? bounce
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 19:12

Woo Hoo! I am so giddy I can't breathe...
Back to top Go down
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 21:59

Just come on line and have found that both nights appear to be sold out already! I've got tickets for GG on Monday night, so it's not all bad, but where've all the tickets gone for the Halle!!!??!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 22:48

A lot of seats were unavailable right from the off - perhaps some have been held back for later sale via other outlets, or for competition winners or something?
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 22:50

i'd really really love to go..
i'll have to see if anything pops up on ebay closer to the event
Back to top Go down
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 22:58

I wish it was all a bit clearer....Being Manchester though there's bound to be a bit of a rush on for tickets.
Back to top Go down
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 23:07

One circle ticket left for Thursday. Be quick!!
Back to top Go down
gazzmatazz
newborn
newborn
gazzmatazz

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2009, 00:54

I'm really tempted but my bank balance is still recovering from the Wembley adventure. I hope you all have an amazing time though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra
Page 1 of 27Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next