elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morrissey!!!

Go down 
+8
nellie
sundaygirl
bluefield
Lillybef
WOBLEwoble
Emma G
Leo
ElbowFreak
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 13:05

Just to jump on the old Moz train, The Smiths at Mcr Free Trade Hall 30th Oct 1986, my first ever gig. Was right at the front, got crushed, was pushed on the stage by the kind man behind me (cos I was passing out) kissed Morrissey!!! This was the best night ever untill I met Guy.
I never thought anyone would ever beat Morrissey/The Smiths musically or lyrically but for me now Guy/Elbow do it.
Still love Morrissey and think hes the bees knees, and I will be there at the front next week wishing him a happy birthday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 12:35

PC's up the wall but I've just bought 4 presale tickets for Morrissey in Leeds on 29 October. (General sale 22 May).

Go on MorrisseySolo, Forums, Tour, Leeds On Presale, Ticketweb. BINGO !! Smile
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 05:26

Wow Nellie ! First ever gig, The Smiths !! Brilliant, never saw The Smiths, didn't get into them til they disbanded, was 16 when they split, I was 'into' all sorts of chart garbage then !!

Enjoy wishing Moz an 'Unhappy Birthday' if you're there on the Friday, if like me, you're there on the Saturday, you can sing 'It's not your birthday anymore' !........ Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 08:18

I'm off to Swindon on the 24th October and I can't wait! Should be an interesting weekend as I'm in London on the Friday at the Brixton Academy, for the Franz Ferdinand gig!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 08:26

Sounds like a cracker of a weekend Lesley ! Not seen Franz live, despite not initially liking their new stuff, they've certainly grown on me. Off to wish Steven Patrick Morriseey a belated Happy Birthday tomorrow, should be electric.
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 23:35

Ok so just back from the Moz gig at the Apollo. He was on fine form and looking a bit slimmer. Started with This Charming Man, played a few Smiths tunes, a couple from 'Quarry' and 'Ringleaders' but mostly the new album, which I've not really got into at all, it still sounded great though so I'll probably give it another try tomorrow.
He had a bit of a bitch about waiting for a band to refuse a Brit/Mercury award, hmm sour grapes? But he must know he'll never get one cos no-one would ever think he'd accept it.
I was about 4th from the front and I have to say its not nice like an Elbow gig, I'm fairly battered and bruised, and I've a very sore neck caused by the large person that decided to crowd surf over me, not to keen on coming out wearing other peoples sweat either! No So if you're of a nervous disposition I'd avoid the front!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 10:23

I'm going tonight. Looking forward to seeing Moz. As my friend has my ticket I am a bit at her beck and call as to where we are meeting and when...
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 08:28

Bury Vest/Neliie, what did you think if Moz? I thouoght he looked and sounded great! But apparently he's paid for it cos he's had to cancel a couple of more shows as a result. Nice that he made the sacrifice for us though.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 08:31

Oh yeah, hi !

I thought it was pretty good, not outstanding, his banter between the crowd wasn't on top form, the crowd was pretty mad where I was near the front. The setlist was OK. Thought his voice was good !

Still pleased I got a ticket for Leeds in October though.........yeah, reckon he pulled out all the stops for the Manchester gigs !
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 09:33

Was lucky to have tickets for both the Friday and Saturday gigs.

Stood about 10 rows back on the left hand of the stage for Friday nights gig. It was good, quite a bit of banter with the crowd. Did a bit of celeb spotting. Seeing Alan Carr drunkly dancing on the balcony to First of the gang was hilarious!
Saturday we stood at the opposite side of the stage about half way back.
Thought Saturdays gig was soooo much better. Not as much banter, but there was something about it. I thought it was the best MOz gig id ever been too.
Back to top Go down
calypso
fallen angel
fallen angel
calypso

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 07:17

I sooo wanted to go and see him, but the tickets had sold out!!

I adore Morrissey, its nice to be on a forum where,he's not dissed as a miserable sod .. Laughing
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 07:22

Nice one Calypso, off to Leeds to see him in October, can't wait for another night of unbridled adulation !
Back to top Go down
calypso
fallen angel
fallen angel
calypso

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 07:29

Fantastic!

I haven't seen him, but have the "Who put the M in Manchester" dvd..great stuff!

have a good night.. Very Happy

He'll like the unbridled adulation won't he? Laughing
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 07:34

Yeah, the DVD is brilliant, booked a holiday a year prior for that week so missed it, was devastated. Made up for it since though, must have seen him around 8 or 9 times since '92. Love him, the old diva !
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 18:01

Oh boy... he collapsed on stage yesterday....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8324492.stm

Get well soon, Moz!!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 09:55

Hope he's fit and well for my journey over the pennines to Leeds on Thursday !

No Still Ill jokes........ Razz
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009, 13:38

He's back on tour... Oleole!!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 11:26

Leeds was a top gig, a mad crowd, My Bury Vest broke up a scrap between lads I don't even know as 'Nowhere Fast' started but just the 75 minutes on stage. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 10:00

I was at Swindon and I was very disappointed but at the same time, concerned for Morrissey. It will go down as a "what if" as I don't know when I'll get another chance to see him.
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 12:49

Had my own private Morrissey tour last month! RAH on 27/10 (rescheduled from May), Leeds on 29/10 and then Ally Pally on 05/11!! Hadn't planned the Ally Pally gig but when we returned from the RAH me and my friend were a bit giddy and a bit pissed so we booked tickets on t'internet! So I travelled down from Newcastle on 05/11, saw the mighty Moz (who was on fantastic form and looked amazing) and then got the 6am back to Newcastle the following day and arrived just 30 mins late for work - now that's waht I call devotion!! It's totally reignited my love for the man - feel as though I've had an affair with Guy but am now going back to my husband!!

Last edited by Emma G on Thu 19 Nov 2009, 13:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 12:59

Emma G wrote:
Had my own private Morrissey tour last month! RAH on 27/10 (rescheduled from May), Leeds on 29/10 and then Ally Pally on 05/11!! Hadn't planned the Ally Pally gig but when we returned from the RAH me and my friend were a bit giddy and a bit pissed so we booked tickets on t'internet! So I travelled down from Newcastle on 05/11, saw the mighty Moz (who was on fantastic form and looked amazing) and then got the 6am back to Newcastle the following day and arrived just 30 mins later for work - now that's waht I call devotion!! It's totally reignited my love for the man - feel as though I've had an affair with Guy but am now going back to my husband!!

Haha ! That's really funny but I WISH I felt the same ! I feel like I've let my first musical love, Mozzer, for Garvey. After a night of admitted, joy and attraction, in Leeds last month, with my first love Steven Patrick, I reckon I made the right decision in my heart moving lock stock and barrel to The Bard of Bury........

I could go on about the pro's and con's of 2009 Morrissey but everytime I see him, it always feels like I'm ABOUT to witness something life affirming, even if somentimes, I don't..........
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 13:16

Don't get me wrong, my dalliance with Messrs Garvey, Potter, Jupp and Turner has been extremely passionate and enjoyable!! But there's just something about Morrissey that does it for me like no other!! He's been a constant male presence in my life since 1983 - which can only be surpassed by my Dad and my brother!!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 15:37

I'm not a Morrissey fan, but for those of you who are - he's on Desert Island Discs tomorrow on Radio 4, I think it's at 11am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morrissey!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: