elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morrissey!!!

Go down 
+8
nellie
sundaygirl
bluefield
Lillybef
WOBLEwoble
Emma G
Leo
ElbowFreak
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 16:39

Das war ja soooo klar!!!!

Why do the band or artists I like have to release their albums almost the same time!!!!
Waaah!!! U2 and now MORRISSEY!!!

But Moz achieved something U2 didn't... he made me cry!! I'm throwing my arms around paris is just so beautiful!!! Listened to it the first time!!!
And year of refusal will be realeased on 16/02/2009!!!!
Yeah!!!
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 16:55

I think the Smiths are bloody brilliant, bu Morrisey can be a pretentious twat sometimes. Although he is a lyrocal genius, and he has a pleasant voice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 20:34

No one can surpass Morrissey for me. Not even Mr Garvey and co I'm afraid! Guess I'll be booted off the forum for that blasphemy!!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009, 05:23

Emma G wrote:
No one can surpass Morrissey for me. Not even Mr Garvey and co I'm afraid! Guess I'll be booted off the forum for that blasphemy!!

No you're not! Very Happy (Maybe for disliking U2 Very Happy)
I like Morrissey/The Smiths for a longer time then Elbow, so...
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 23:07

Leo wrote:
I think the Smiths are bloody brilliant, bu Morrisey can be a pretentious twat sometimes. Although he is a lyrocal genius, and he has a pleasant voice Very Happy

TOTALLY AGREE.
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 08:15

My other half is obsessed with him, and is dragging me to see him twice next month in Manchester.

aAcorner of our living room is slowly turning into a shrine to him. What did hold the stereo, cds etc, now includes books, magazines, vinyl and two large canvases of the man himself. Its a good job that I dont mind Smile
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 12:02

I like
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 18:31

Bit worried about the Manchester Morrissey gigs. He canceled to night's RAH show and I think is the third show he's canceled on the tour so far...throat infection apparently. Neutral
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 19:28

But its his 50th birthday on the 22nd he cant cancel Shocked
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 19:31

Shit, that's right. SHIT! I'm going the the show on the 23rd! He beter not cancel!!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 07:39

Yeah, I'm there on the Saturday, it better be on I've a crackin' pub crawl sorted for the afternoon and have been counting down the days since the start of the month !
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 10:09

Hmmm, why's everyone going on the sat? cant just be me going on the fri Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 10:40

I got tickets for the Sat becasuse basically my friends have family and work committments in the week but Saturday is cool for all of us and nobody's rushing around !! Can't wait !!
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 20:11

Its not looking good for any of the dates according to the newspaper, he seems to have an undisclosed illness No
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 04:44

Fingers crossed for those who have tickets!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 19:25

Does anyone know if the Great Yarmouth gig took place tonight (or is taking place I should say)?
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 05:29

Hi, I've been checking daily as regards gigs taking place and tonights (Friday) gig at Great Yarmouth, according to the venue who contacted his management said 'there's no reason why it won't'..........log onto MorrisseySolo, Sunday girl or It's Morrissey's World.........

8 days and counting......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 08:25

Woo Hoo!
Hey, if you had to choose between Moz and Elbow, who wuold win out?
xx
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 08:49

Hey, that is a VERY difficult question to answer. I've never been into any Smiths or Moz LP as much as TSSK and that is saying something. I'm going to Bridgwater with £100 to try and bag a ticket, I'd do that for a Moz show aswell. I'd travel anywhere in UK for an Elbow gig, I'd do that for Moz aswell.

I'd go for a pint with Guy but would rather admire Morrissey from afar........

The Bury Bravehearts win !!

cheers
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:10

HA HA! Yea, I'm with ya! I do love Moz, the little diva that he is, but would rather hangout with Guy.

I bet you anything if you go to the Bridgewater with £100 you'll nab a tickert! GO EARLY even if you have to wait around!
(I'm sure you don't really need to be told this).
Then come find us at the pub and we'll buy you a drink to celebrate!

xx
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:20

I really hope so, from listening to peoples experiences of buying tckets of touts it mostly best to wait til just before the band goes on stage when the touts could be left with tickets on their hands and they'll take a lower price just to rid themselves of whats left. But knowing me, if we can agree on a price I'll take it at the earliest opportunity !!

You seen Moz live much Sunday Girl ?

I first saw him on the Your Arsenal tour in '92 at the Apollo, then it wasn't until the last few years since I've seen him again, Apollo, Lowry, Move Festival at Old Trafford, Blackpool (top 3 gigs of my life that one). Missed the MEN due to a bloody holiday pre booked months before, sick doesn't begin to describe it !!

Years Of Refual is OK, not a patch on Vauxhall and I, Quarry, Your Arsenal, even Ringleaders........
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:29

Though I have been a Smiths/Moz fan since Meat is Murder, it wasn't until his (stupendous) Bridgewater Hall Show a couple of years ago that I first saw him. Fith row seats too!!! Then it was the GMex. And now the Apollo.

I agree, though it is growing on me, I don't think the new CD is up to scratch. It starts off good then peters out towards the end. I think anyway.
x
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:30

I would just worry that if you held out too long on the tix they might all get snatched up. I would think there would be other peole milling about hopeing for a deal.
I don't know...
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:41

Yeah, you're right, best to get hold of one as soon as I can !! Will be devastated if I can't get in. It does grate on me the amount of money the sharks are making on ebay.

Oh yeah, GMEX, I was there for that one aswell, was right down the front, was proper crushed but love it like that, you'd think at 37 I'd have grown out of all that !!

5th row from the front eh ? Bet that was AMAZING. Was millimetres away from touching the great man at Blackpool during November Spawned A Monster, what a tune that is.

The thing is with Moz gigs, it's always been an OCCASION. Despite his hit and miss solo careerYou don't feel like you're going to any run of the mill gig.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 10:51

My Bury Vest wrote:
The thing is with Moz gigs, it's always been an OCCASION. Despite his hit and miss solo careerYou don't feel like you're going to any run of the mill gig.
That is SO true!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Morrissey!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrissey!!!   Morrissey!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morrissey!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: