elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...

Go down 
+14
Mr_K
Topaz
My Bury Vest
al
Stockhaus
Mr Woman
fadeupyoursmile
Dabamash
SmilinSkullRing
Jonny
Dikky
Jones
Grant
Leo
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Empty
PostSubject: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 18:56

of Elbow's albums, to my least favourite. Whatsmore, I dont know why??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 08:36

hahahaha Razz I still absolutely love it Very Happy Especially... all of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 12:16

Sorry, I think they're ALL gems!
Back to top Go down
Dikky
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 12:49

leo wrote:
of Elbow's albums, to my least favourite. Whatsmore, I dont know why??

this happened to me too, i think it was because it was my favourite i listened to it more than the rest, when i listened to the others they suddenly got more special because i was noticing things that i'd forgot about. And i'd sort of over-played LOTFW.
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 15:15

ahhhh. thats it!!!! i think they use the orchestra and big choir sound a lot less on LOTFW. still good though... i adore asleep in the back and ssk atm!!
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 22:27

This could never happen to me... it has Great Expectations.

But srsly, Cast of Thousands has to be my least favourite because it has the most songs I'm not wild about. Though I must say I've shied away from LOTFW's singles...
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
friend of ours
friend of ours
SmilinSkullRing

Female Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008, 18:05

LOTFW has gone from my favorite to...my second favorite. lol SSK is my favorite now. All albums are great though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.smilinskullring.blogspot.com
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008, 20:46

I like most of LOTFW, only a couple of songs on Casts, and all of TSSK. So, to be honest, LOTFW is still high on my list.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008, 23:33

Why do you keep making threads of things that could be siad in other threads?!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 03 Nov 2008, 15:48

I don't think it's an unreasonable starting point for a thread.
Didn't we decide some weeks ago that it's probably safer to start a new, dedicated thread rather than going off on tangents within other threads?

I defend Mr. Walkins right to post whatever he chooses (even though a lot of it is complete batsh*t) Very Happy

LOTFW is probably my favorite Elbow album. It has beauty, optimism, anger, sadness, hope and resignation woven within it. And I like the bits between the songs.
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 03 Nov 2008, 15:59

Mr Woman wrote:
I don't think it's an unreasonable starting point for a thread.
Didn't we decide some weeks ago that it's probably safer to start a new, dedicated thread rather than going off on tangents within other threads?

I defend Mr. Walkins right to post whatever he chooses (even though a lot of it is complete batsh*t) Very Happy

LOTFW is probably my favorite Elbow album. It has beauty, optimism, anger, sadness, hope and resignation woven within it. And I like the bits between the songs.

Thankyou Mr Woman. (that feels so wierd to say)

i think i just find an imagined affair and the everthere a bit dull and dreary thats all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 22:29

I'm still getting to know this album Some songs that aren't instant can end up becoming faves. One thing I decided with Elbow was not to overplay any of their tunes; I love it all so much and would hate to get too familiar with it all.
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 02:59

i think i've overplayed LOTFW too.
But I think SSK is the best album. it is just perfect.
and after the BBC orchestra duda the songs just got a little bit better.
I think all of the albums are fantastic in their own ways, but SSK is pretty fucking awesome.
second place would be COT it contains some of my favourite elbow tracks so...

whatever stupid conversation anyway love it all on different days
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 12:06

I don't have a favourite.
For me it changes all the time, for instance: I've completely fallen in love with 'Asleep...' all over again after having neglected it for a while.
Now I'm thinking that's my favourite but I'll probaly think the same about 'Leaders...' in a months time...
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 16:38

I totally disregarded An Imagined Affair and The Everthere for a while, never ever listening to them. Now Imagined Affair is probably one of my favourite songs. Elbow are definitely like wine...
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 16:49

Jones wrote:
For me it changes all the time, for instance: I've completely fallen in love with 'Asleep...' all over again after having neglected it for a while.

Same with me, it's always the one I haven't listened to in a while that I think is my favourite! Which incidentally is also Asleep in the Back Smile
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 18:31

Leo wrote:
I totally disregarded An Imagined Affair and The Everthere for a while, never ever listening to them. Now Imagined Affair is probably one of my favourite songs. Elbow are definitely like wine...

Oh no, An Imagined Affair was always one of my favourites, but I was the same as you with Picky Bugger: kind of disregarded it but then one day I listened to it more intently and it is soooo lovely...

Al: snap! Isn't it great to fall in love with an album all over again!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 06:34

I'm probably like most of the people on here, it keeps fluctuating, for me between Leaders & TSSK, unbelievably I pretty much ignored Scattered for years but upon hearing it live last year and to what it means to a good mate of mine, have really fallen for that gem. Also, always thought that AITB had an amazing first half but so so second half, I've changed my mind on that aswell.

Oh, who cares !! they are just in general, an amazingly consistent band who make you FEEL songs like not other band, and that includes The Smiths (dons a tin hat !)
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 21:28

Ahhh, Scattered Black and Whites...
I defy anyone not to fall in love with that song!
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
friend of ours
friend of ours
SmilinSkullRing

Female Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 22:41

LOTFW is my favorite album again I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.smilinskullring.blogspot.com
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 16:15

lol!
Maybe we should start a thread with a poll to see which Elbow album is this week's current favourite!
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 21:03

I know what you mean about favourites changing, but I have to say, Asleep in The Back has never once fallen from my favourite-album-of-all-time list. I just love everything about it. It's what made me fall in love with Elbow. I could stick headphones on and listen to it over and over. And have!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 20:11

Heehee, I know what you mean!
I once brought my CDs in from the car to change them around but then forgot about it. So the only one I still had in the car was Cast of Thousands. It was on a loop for days and I never tired of it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeWed 04 Mar 2009, 11:52

Leaders is still my fave. Station Approach, Forget Myself, The Stops, An Imagined Affair, The Everthere, Great Expectations, just so many of my favourite tracks, not just favourite Elbow songs, but favourite all time songs are on that album. SSK may have been a tad better sounding (great production), and is undoubtably immense, AITB has many moments of brilliance, as has Cast, but for me Leaders is and I think will always be one of my favourite all time albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 18:54

Is it just me or is anyone else reminded of the song at the end of Bugsy Malone when they hear the title track? Specifically the line "we're passing the gun from father to feckless son" being so very much like "and you're gonna be remembered for the things that you say and do".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...   LOTFW has gone from being my favourite... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOTFW has gone from being my favourite...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next