elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Atane
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ?? Empty
PostSubject: Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ??   Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ?? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 11:32

Hello there,
By having a quick look on the Internet, i just found that early promo pressings of 'Leaders of the Free World' CD have a different track listing.
-''Forget Myself'' is called ''Buddha With Mace (New Mix)''.
-''Station Approach'' is called ''Station Approach (New Mix)''.

Does anybody of you know whether these are different versions of the two tracks that appear on the 'Leaders of the free World' album...or are they just working titles.

Thanks to anybody who will help !! Smile

Regards!

Atane.
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ??   Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ?? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 14:12

Hmm I haven't personally listened to any versions of the songs that go by those specific titles, but I know that "Buddha With Mace" was the early working title for Forget Myself. From the LOTFW warm-up gig recording, "Buddha with Mace" had a slightly different bridge in the middle of the song as compared to "Forget Myself".

But again, I haven't actually heard of those titled song versions so I don't know if they're the same or different to the album versions... Maybe someone else on the board has? Or you could just risk buying it to find out!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ??   Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ?? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 18:48

I know the Album was going to be called Buddha with Mace, but the record label was worried it would offend Buddhist, which Garvey pointed out was surly impossible!
Back to top Go down
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ??   Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ?? Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011, 09:11

Sarah wrote:
I know the Album was going to be called Buddha with Mace, but the record label was worried it would offend Buddhist, which Garvey pointed out was surly impossible!

The album was going to be called BWM? I know the track was going to have that title, but I seem to recall at that time the album was going to be called "The Stops". I could be wrong Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ??   Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ?? Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011, 16:32

I can remember it being in an interview, but it may have been the track name, not the album... pretty sure it was the album though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ??   Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early versions of two 'LOTFW' tracks ??
Page 1 of 1