elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fleet Foxes

Go down 
+9
Misspelt Yoof
LongLegs
My Bury Vest
calypso
MagicalTrevor
Robeman
josephblack
ChrissieInFL
stefinitely
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Fleet Foxes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleet Foxes   Fleet Foxes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 17:48

NeonChoir wrote:
That's what I've heard. I was told that it's different, but it still has that distinctive Fleet Foxes sound. Is that accurate?

Had a listen today and it is a very good album, slightly bigger sound than their debut, but yes it is still very much them.

I have a real problem with The Shrine/An Argument though, really don't see point of all that random instrumental at the end of the track, it just sounds awful
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Fleet Foxes   Fleet Foxes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 19:09

OK. I think I may take a listen myself some time soon within the next few days.
Back to top Go down
The Final Track
friend of ours
friend of ours
The Final Track

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Fleet Foxes   Fleet Foxes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 16:51

HattyMarris wrote:
NeonChoir wrote:
That's what I've heard. I was told that it's different, but it still has that distinctive Fleet Foxes sound. Is that accurate?

Had a listen today and it is a very good album, slightly bigger sound than their debut, but yes it is still very much them.

I have a real problem with The Shrine/An Argument though, really don't see point of all that random instrumental at the end of the track, it just sounds awful

I really like that part, probably my favorite track after a few scattered listens. Two files are bad, though.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Fleet Foxes   Fleet Foxes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 10:25

Well, I'm on about my fourth listen and apart from the bit where Hatty quite rightly pointed out re the random instrumentation at the end of 'The Shrine/An Argument', it is just amazing, it's everything I wanted it to be - there's clearly no 'second album syndrome' from them.

Just buy it - Helplessness Blues, album of the year so far for me. 'Montezuma' - top 3 songs of 2011, also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fleet Foxes   Fleet Foxes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fleet Foxes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: