elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guy on Desert Island Discs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Guy on Desert Island Discs Empty
PostSubject: Guy on Desert Island Discs   Guy on Desert Island Discs Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2014, 17:34

Guy is this weeks castaway, will be broadcast this Sunday... Start your guess on what his 7 songs & luxery item will be... I'd hope for something from Genesis in there (Carpet Crawlers)  Cool , and something alcohol related...  Laughing 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04c9xcg

BBC Radio4 wrote:
Guy Garvey, musician and frontman of Elbow, is interviewed by Kirsty Young for Desert island Discs.

Front man of the group "Elbow" his voice and lyrics have helped the band win pretty much every music prize going ... headlining Glastonbury too, and playing at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics. Yet his image is that of an everyday, low key, unassuming bloke ... except that he isn't, he's penning and performing songs filled with intimacy, optimism and lyricism, that strike a chord with millions of fans.

For a long while his devotees were well versed in the art of delayed gratification - Elbow's debut album was released 11 years after the band members first made music together.

He writes his songs in his journal and has been keeping a diary since he was 14. Maybe it was the peace and calm of the blank page that first appealed - one of 7 kids he says he was brought up "in a house full of women that were singing, shouting, arguing, fighting over the bathroom. I'm ruined by these women, spoilt rotten".
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Guy on Desert Island Discs   Guy on Desert Island Discs Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2014, 19:05

I would bet my promo copy of the Newborn EP that The Flamingoes' "I Only Have Eyes For You" is in there somewhere. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Guy on Desert Island Discs   Guy on Desert Island Discs Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2014, 21:38

Choices

Talk Talk
New Grass

Sly & The Family Stone
Thank you for Talkin' to me to Africa

Joni Mitchell
A Case of You

Public Enemy
Give It Up (edit)

Joseph Canteloube
Bailero from Chants d'Auvergne
Performers: Arleen Augér, English Chamber Orchestra and Yan Pascal Tortelier

Jolie Holland
Wandering Angus

Tom Waits
Picture in a Frame
Real Life
Joan as Police Woman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guy on Desert Island Discs   Guy on Desert Island Discs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guy on Desert Island Discs
Page 1 of 1