elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jodrell Bank Transmissions

Go down 
+34
Carl0sAlbert0
jillygumbo
allyngibson
emma
Icen
MagicalTrevor
mitchy
Bright Grey
LongLegs
Dovesmad
holmes
Trains Are...Mint
redliz3
TinTin
Molly
joemanc
hilaryg
mainscoe
suered
andy_landy
Jones
Mr Woman
OllieCT
natalia
Kim
Lynne
Lillybef
Emylou123
ticky
ElbowFreak
My Bury Vest
lucky with disease
Cestriansteve
mrswoman
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 09:20

Got one - I feel sick - that was extremely long and drawn out.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 09:24

cheers

Sorted out, but I can do without this sort of trauma first thing on a Thursday. Not at my age.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 09:31

Got mine. Smile

If you lot think *this* is bad, you should try getting Muse tickets! bounce

EDIT: Though thinking back on it, I probably say this every time Elbow tickets go on sale hehe.

Last edited by Kim on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 09:48

Whoop Whoop. Hubby just called, we have ours!! A detour from the hen night planned on the 22nd in Cheshire, not a problem. I may look a little worse for wear. Hope everyone else was as successful.

Fingers crossed for a few changes to the setlist, please...... would really make the night special. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:24

Oh.
My.
God.
!!!

Spent 20 mins online (since 08.55) trying to get a ticket, then my "session timed out".
Had to start all over, tried about 20 times but it kept saying SOLD OUT.
Gutted. Sad
Even though I'm not even sure I can make this one. It's nice to have the option though isn't it?!
Went off in disgust to make a cuppa and have a bit of a cussing session (it's ok, I'm alone here - or does that make it worse? Shocked )
came back to turn off laptop, decided to refresh the page one more time and...

YOUR ORDER WAS SUCCESFULL cheers

this was at 10.18 !!!

Really hoping I can make it now (various stuff going on at the mo) but I will sure do my damnedest!!!

Cant believe it!

Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:31

Its all so exciting.
it was pretty stress free this end. Boyfriend emailed at 9am to say that we had two tickets in the bag.
Wish getting Glastonbury tickets was as stressless.

feeling very giddy now, think it may have something to do with the sun shining Smile
Back to top Go down
OllieCT
fallen angel
fallen angel
OllieCT

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:44

The page didn't update for ages and when it did, it was unclear you then had to click a link above to buy tickets. You could of course have went straight through ticketline but decided to go with the flow.

Really hoping they sort of change it up based on the venue. Scattered will almost definitely get played I suspect given the occasion. Newborn? Or Fugitive Motel given the lyrics, could be used in a spacey manner, i.e we're so far away from the Moon etc.

Couldn't really think of many others but those three and getting to hear Dear Friends live would make my night.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 12:08

Sold Out in ten minutes apparently, blimey.affraid
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 13:21

My Bury Vest wrote:
Sold Out in ten minutes apparently, blimey.affraid

So glad everyone was on the ball with this. It promises to be something quite special and magical. Due to site constraints, I presume the capacity will be something similar to last year's (8000 people, I think) so it doesn't get too insane. I wonder who the support acts will be? Kloot would be nice.

Some words of advice; bear in mind, if travelling by car, last year it took us over two hours to get off the car parking field, so it might be worth thinking about parking off-site a couple of miles away and then walking to the event. £5.00 isn't bad for the parking otherwise, as long as you are prepared to be patient. It might be worth taking advantage of the one of the various coach travel options being offered on Skiddle (although £14.50 does seem a bit steep for some of them). There is also a train station 40 minutes walk from Jodrell Bank which potentially has connections to Manchester, but I'm not sure how late the trains run; at the moment, the last train is showing up as being midnight, so you'd be a bit pressed to get off site and walk 2.5 miles to the station in time to get it.

Back to top Go down
OllieCT
fallen angel
fallen angel
OllieCT

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 14:19

I read something from Craig about him listening to Kloot's new material, would love them to be support.
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 15:23

bother. completely spaced on this. is it too soon to ask if anyone has a spare? Shocked
Back to top Go down
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 18:34

I managed to get tickets eventually. Page didn't update to confirmation for ages, then it said I'd run out of time, even though I'd put my payment details in! Anyway tried again from scratch and it went through straight away. Very excited!
Back to top Go down
Emylou123
fallen angel
fallen angel
Emylou123

Female Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 18:59

Am absolutely gutted......went onto the jodrell website at 8.50 just to be safe, and kept refreshing, and at 9.04 still said standby..... then when I eventually got on it said they were all sold Mad I so wanted to go, I have even booked a pitch on the strawberry caravan park on the estate!!!!! I guess Im going to have to pay extortionate prices from the scum that is ebay touts.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 19:29

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 22:11

Live from Jodrell Bank shared a link.

from https://www.facebook.com/livefromjodrellbank

Quote :
Following an amazing response to tickets going on sale Elbow tickets have now sold out.
We strongly advise anyone looking to trade tickets to use the not for profit, exclusively fan to fan service Ticket Trust.
Details are available on their website Smile x

The Ticket Trust has been created by the Association of Independent Festivals and Sandbag to offer a safe and secure ticket exchange to help correct the secondary ticketing problem. We are a group of promoters, artists and music industry professionals embarrassed by what we see happening to tickets to our events - the exploitation of fans' pockets! We are creating a place where music lovers can exchange unwanted tickets at face value. The Ticket Trust provides a platform for safe, secure and legitimate ticket exchange - without the over inflated mark-ups. This is the promoters' and artists' answer to the secondary ticketing market which seeks to make big profits - taking hard earned cash away from the fans, the musicians and the live events we all love.

http://www.thetickettrust.com/

at least the venue itself admits being aware of the ticket problem, for those who tried but couldn't, and has suggested this.

Theres also http://scarletmist.com/ as ticketline double booked some, so some have extra they don't need, and they don't do refunds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
mainscoe
fallen angel
fallen angel
mainscoe

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Mar 2012, 11:37

Got the tix no problem and attending with some friends who live close to the venue so will be accessing their 'local knowledge' - hoping for a nice day out!!!!
Back to top Go down
mainscoe
fallen angel
fallen angel
mainscoe

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 19:42

Oh and a bit of current fave song - FORGET MYSELF - would be spiffing!!!! Actually, not just a bit but all of it. Thank you very much chaps.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 15:10

Hopefully, there might be a bit of COT what with the band having just re-issued the enhanced DVD version of the album and all. They might want to throw in songs with the occasional cosmic reference with it being Jodrell Bank; Fugitive Motel mentions the moon, after all...
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 00:12

Very pleased for those of you that got tickets. Unfortunately, as splendid as it will be, it's not enough of a draw to get me over the atlantic, especially as I'm over the next month anyway. I remember the Delamere Forest gig, hope it will be as special as that. Mantra Luna!

Still a little bit gutted though, fly over Jodrell Bank every time I come into Manchester.....
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 09:55

Congrats to all of those who got tickets!!! Very Happy

My idea is... (call me stupid Smile) we are loooonging for a Live DVD! This would be the perfect location and it's going to be EPIC!!!
What do you think?! It's early enough... they could organise it...

Oh gosh PLEASE!!!! I REALLY need a live DVD at some point!!!
Back to top Go down
mainscoe
fallen angel
fallen angel
mainscoe

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 12:29

Good call!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 16:40

I wonder who the support acts are going to be? I've already thrown I Am Kloot into the hat as a possible/nice-to-have, but who else might be in the frame? Richard Hawley? Doves? Villagers? Any more suggestions for the wish list?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 17:25

Any of those would be perfect. I wouldn't mind Cashier No 9.... Did I tell you that I think they're fab! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 18:24

Cashier No9. Good shout for 3rd/4th on the bill, ticky. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 23:08

Doves, I'd love to see them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jodrell Bank Transmissions   Jodrell Bank Transmissions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jodrell Bank Transmissions
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next