elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-08-28

A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD Empty
PostSubject: A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD   A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 14:47

I'm considering buying the CD+DVD version of the COT and LOTFW albums.I already have them on CD.One thing I'd like to know is whether there're any promo videos on the DVD's.

I downloaded the LOTFW film off the net (sorry I know this is wrong but I needed to be sure the DVD was worth buying because it was really expensive to me).I'm wondering apart from the film,is there any bonus material on the DVD.

As for Cast of Thousands,I've seen both CD+CDR and CD+DVD versions.I'm desperate to have the promo vids for Fugitive Motel and Fallen Angel on DVD.What I already know is that the CD+CDR version does contain these two videos.But I don't really want to buy it because the capacity of a CDR is usually only 700mb so the videos it contains possibly are in low resolution and don't vary much from those that can be downloaded from YouTube.

So does anyone on here own one or both of the DVD's?It'd be truly appreciated if anyone could give me some info on the contents. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/jessieron
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD   A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 15:16

I have them both! The CD/DVD combos, that is. Cast of Thousands was difficult to get, and I lucked into one on eBay that was autographed by Guy and Mark. I promised the seller that it was going to a good Elbow home. Smile

I'm going on memory here, as I've not watched either in a while. Each DVD is basically the album visually. The running order on COT matches the album, LOTFW doesn't. The LOTFW DVD also has a video for "McGreggor."

I'll double check tonight when I get home; I don't remember which version of "Not a Job" is on the COT DVD.

And I don't remember if there's any bonus materials on either disc. I'll look again tonight as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD   A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 00:21

jessieron wrote:
As for Cast of Thousands,I've seen both CD+CDR and CD+DVD versions.I'm desperate to have the promo vids for Fugitive Motel and Fallen Angel on DVD.What I already know is that the CD+CDR version does contain these two videos.
I've just put the COT DVD in my player.

It's just the songs from the CD. But the videos aren't at all like the ones on Elbow's YouTube channel. "Fugitive Motel" is a weird, arty thing with ink scrawling on the screen and a zoom in on a painting of a woman. The video on YouTube has Guy running around, getting the back of a pick-up, and having wacky adventures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD   A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 07:39

Aaaah thank you so much for the replies!So I guess the COT DVD is pretty much like the AITB DVD?Shame it doesn't have any bonus material though.Yes I've seen the promo videos for Futigive Motel and Fallen Angel on their YouTube channel.They're probably my favourite Elbow promo videos,especially Fallen Angel because it's so funny.Nevertheless,I now decide to buy the COT and LOTFW DVD's from the internet.I think they should also release a DVD to acompany the BARB album,whether it's something like the LOTFW film or a live performance.Speaking of live,I was watching the Elbow Live on Air programme the other day and was wondering why they didn't release one of their fantastic arena tour performances on DVD....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/jessieron
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD   A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 10:13

allyngibson wrote:
Each DVD is basically the album visually. The running order on COT matches the album, LOTFW doesn't. The LOTFW DVD also has a video for "McGreggor."
I think this is a really brilliant way of summing up the DVDs, i love them, the Soup Collective shared the recording space with the boys, LOTFW they created some beautiful stop motion/animated visuals that integrated the band, COT is a lot of footage of the band practicing, rehearsing and messing around, the video for Ribcage is one of my favorite Elbow things! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF8vE3a8OXo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD   A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about the COT DVD and LOTFW DVD
Page 1 of 1