elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Get to know each other...

Go down 
+21
Jones
Skeletor
al
stefinitely
butterfingersbimbo
fadeupyoursmile
Misspelt Yoof
JulieinTX
MagicalTrevor
Jonny
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
Topaz
MrsMagicalTrevor
Glendarian
Calum
Hotblack
Ted
leespoons
Carah
Dabamash
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Get to know each other... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 17:32

Leaving was the best thing. By far.

I hated school.

I liked school in France to be fair, I was 'the star of the school', apparently.

But school in Scotland was shit.

So best thing, yeah, was leaving. But there's also a cracking story from my time in France, was our last day and I was in my kilt... went up to the headmaster's office and barged in and started dancing around. I flashed my arse at her. Was fun.

Favourite colour?
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 20:27

Yellow! My room's ALWAYS sunny because of my yellow wall!

The perfect meal would be -
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008, 17:10

Glass of Wine (to limber up obviously)

Duck Pate' with Crusty Bread.
more wine glug, glug, glug
Fillet Steak, Whisky Sauce, Mushrooms, Pureed/Creamed Potatoes,
more wine glug, glug, hic, glug
One of that trio of sweets you get in posh restaurants.
finish wine, glug, glug.
Coffee, Cheese Selection and Biscuits.
Large Malt

Your nightmare meal would be...?
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008, 16:57

Ok, My nightmare meal would be
No Wine (obviously)
Prawn Cocktail (yeugh), Any kind of Fish, Semolina Pudding,

Where in the world would you rather be right now ?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008, 17:08

Calum wrote:
How big is your TV? Trev is not allowed to answer.

Awww...

Sad

ChrissyBoy wrote:
Where in the world would you rather be right now ?

Canada.

Do you live to work or work to live?
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008, 21:58

I love my job, and it pays me nothing.... so maybe a bit of both!

What colour is your bed spread?!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008, 22:03

Suede. (Hell Yeah!)

What make of computer are you using right now?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2008, 22:25

Apple MacBook Pro, but my main PC I made myself, as did Mrs MT.

Have you ever got so drunk you couldn't stay stood up, details please...
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008, 05:42

'Fraid so. Junior year of high school (that'd put me at about 17 or so I think). Sleepover at a girlfriend's house. Her mom was not home, which was the whole point of having the sleepover at hers. Smile Playing quarters from about 10:30 PM till about 3 or so in the morning with our boyfriends. By then I was legless - they got hungry and wanted to go eat, but I kept failing in my valient attempts to navigate the hallway to the door. I think I actually bruised my knee falling down. They got impatient with me, so I was left to rot in the front room while they all went out to a diner to get some pancakes and sober up. I would like to say that that was the first and only time I ever got that pissed...and it was, though there were some close calls every so often. drunken

Along the same lines...ever been in a fight because you were drunk?
Back to top Go down
butterfingersbimbo
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008, 07:13

Nope but very dearly got a slapping one year when we went out for my birthday one year, I banged on the toilet door for the occupant to get a move on cos they had been in there for ages, and i was desperate.....anyway this very scary looking woman came out and offered to re-arrange my face.....luckily my charm got me out of trouble and she ended up givin me a drunken hug!

What's your most hated job around the house? I'm getting pretty sick of painting walls right now.....

pale
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008, 10:10

Cleaning bathrooms, mostly the toilets.

Chrissie, we used to play quarters too. I had forgotten until just this minute when I read your post. Ah memories...

Do you have any piercings? Details please.
Back to top Go down
butterfingersbimbo
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008, 11:43

Only 3 in left ear, two in the other, and one in my nostril!

I clean about 50 toilets a week, it's my job, oh joy!

Any tattoos? I have six!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008, 13:48

Topaz wrote:
Chrissie, we used to play quarters too. I had forgotten until just this minute when I read your post. Ah memories...

Ha! Quarters nostalgia! Thanks Topaz, glad I'm not the only one who remembers! Laughing Do kids even play that anymore, or do they just go straight to funnels these days? drunken

Anyway...tattoos. Nope, I have none, though if I weren't such a wuss, I would like to have Elbow lyrics inked on my person (I would get "We still believe in love, so"...well, y'all know the rest. Very Happy )

Let's combine the two themes we have going here (drunkenness and tattoos)...ever gotten a tattoo whille you were drunk? I have a friend who has done, so I know it happens...
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008, 15:44

Nope. No tattoos, no piercings but get drunk now and again.

To cut a long story short whilst I was at Agricultural College I once got so drunk that I had to get the landlord of the pub I ended up in to fill out a cheque so I could get more booze, managed to get wine banned on our return exchange trip to France and couldn't eat for three days I was so ill. I didn't get in to a fight though.

So...are you a happy drunk, a fighty drunk or a maudlin drunk? I'm a happy drunk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
butterfingersbimbo
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008, 05:19

I'm a happy drunk, then an asleep drunk as I don't hardly drink anymore, half a can and i need to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008, 19:42

You didn't ask a question butterfingers!

I'll answer Hotblack too... I'm generally a happy drunk when I'm out with friends, but can be a maudlin drunk when on my own... which probably suggests I shouldn't drink on my own.

What *SHOCK HORROR* illegal drugs have you ever tried, and did you feel it enhanced your life in any way?
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 08:26

I had the odd spliff as a kid. I quite enjoyed it actually. I can't say it enhanced my life but I did quite like the fact that when I would wake up the next day I didn't have a hangover.

I once (and only once) took acid. I hated it. It scared the sh1t out of me. I had a horrid trip and when I came down off that the place I was at (UMIST on a Saturday rock night) looked like a bomb site with litter and vomit everywhere which just made me even more miserable. Not exactly life enhancing so never bothered again.

I'm interested to hear other people's drug experience so....same question again

Quote :
What *SHOCK HORROR* illegal drugs have you ever tried, and did you feel it enhanced your life in any way?
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 09:25

OK, here we go...

Cannabis - Had a fair amount of this, probably the cause of my getting a third class degree instead of second. Was sometimes nice, sometimes not. A few times I had too much dope and too much alcohol together, often resulting in vomit.

Acid - Was quite interesting really, things take on a very different perspective, colours are different, sounds are different, going for a walk at 3am round Levenshulme and seeing a three legged dog is hilarious.

Speed - I'mgoingtotalkincessantlyatyouandnotlistentoawordyousaycosIamoverencumberedwithconfidence.

Ecstasy - Lovely, lovely, lovely stuff while you are up, but the day after can be a real downer. I always made myself aware though that this downer was as a direct result of taking the E, so it never bothered me too much. Very handy for giving you energy at a muddy Glasto though.

Coke - Only had it twice, probably didn't have enough to notice much of an effect.

Overall I don't regret taking drugs, I don't take any anymore, but I'm glad I tried them.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 18:58

No new question ?, so if its still the drugs....Just Say No ! (did you never watch Grange Hill Laughing ? )

Think most people have done cannabis/hash at some time. Didn't do much for me except make me sick.

Didn't touch anything else as was always too scared., however Alcohol has probably been my drug of choice, and that does plenty damage to you.
Just remember all the fights, upset, girls crying etc at the end of every night out. Not to mention the emotions and stupid, stupid things you end up doing.

Think that's why i quite enjoy some Elbow lyrics so much.... Hotel Istanbul and i was notifying strangers, that my pugilistic flair could mean their consequential danger...........Pissed i just insist that no-one cares... ( story of my drunkenness Embarassed )

What's the most stupid/embaressing thing you've done when out of yer face on booze or drugs ?
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 19:06

I once did a 'Spud from Trainspotting' on my in-laws' carpet Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Same question - top that!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 19:12

I really REALLY cant! I tend to either be very silly, ie cover my face in Haribo and sing stupid little songs to tunes of popular music, or i have deep and meaningfuls... and then throw up!
(And Dumbo is not a film to watch with a hangover.... Pink elephants!)

Have you invented a drink?!
(I have!)
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 20:27

I once made an alcoholic shandy from lemon Hooch and Special Brew, this was a good few years before the piss-weak Stella/Smirnoff Ice combinations people call turbo shandy.

I can't ask a question yet... go on, what drink did you invent?
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 20:29

Well You get a blender, a couple of stickless icelollies and vodka. Smush it all together for a less expensive/less classy daqueri!
Oh and Malibu tea.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 22:14

Congratulations everybody on asking questions....
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008, 13:45

Alright, I will also answer the question about inventing a drink, as it seems to be the last one posted...this will go right over the heads of you young'uns, but the folks my age will recall this incident. My drink (invented while I was at college in the late '80's) was named the Ben Johnson, after the disgraced Olympic sprinter. He was done for doping, but at the time he claimed he was given something to drink and he didn't know what was in it. So my drink was whatever I felt like putting in and if you got it, you didn't know what was in it. See how that all linked up? Rolling Eyes

Aaaaanyway...next question:
What's your favorite thing about summer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get to know each other...   Get to know each other... - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get to know each other...
Page 14 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: