elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cardiff!

Go down 
+16
imalittlebeast
@MrIanGibson
LongLegs
My Bury Vest
Mr Woman
ChrissyBoy
Lynne
Kim
Space_dementia
Cestriansteve
emma
Lesley Gilks
ChrissieInFL
sonicpurveyor
Kayleigh
ticky
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 22:14

mrswoman wrote:
ticky wrote:
Wow - has anyone noticed the centrefold of the programme yet. There are a few of us in the picture! - Me, Jones, Al, Mr Woman's glasses, Kim's Dave and Kim's other mate (executing a rather wonderful headbang). Have a shooftie...
Ha! Brilliant, an elbowie version of 'Where's Wally'?! It looks like the same photo from Pete's Twitter background. Other ones I can spot are Evil Pixie, Sparkly AND Sparky, me with short hair, LongLegs, ThatchBitch, OneoftheThree, Sarah just behind Al, & Hilary (I think).

My nose and forehead are just visible behind (my) Dave. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 01:31

Oh man, I just realized I needed to post something on this thread as well as the one for MEN! I really haven't got my head together properly just yet; been trying to handle all my Mom stuff as per usual, whilst adjusting to the time change and recovering from a week of incredibly mega amounts of physical & emotional craziness! cyclops

But this was an amazing gig too; as Ticky said above, I was freaking! Laughing It was great to be there with her and her kids too, they are awesome and as hard as this is to believe, I think her daughter was as mental about the gig as I was that night! Meeting them, and Emma, was a blast. I enjoyed it sooooo much!

I've been trying to sketch out a little post-trip diary of sorts; it is a way for me to set all my memories down to remember them, and maybe I'll post it when it's done. But honestly, I haven't fully made the transition to being home just yet...the residue of Elbow Week is still in my brain and it's really tough to shake! Laughing I can just say that Ticky is AMAZING and I owe her big time for so many things - I truly hope I can somehow return the favor for her one day. Not that the Elboys will ever play a gig in Florida, mind you, but if something cool comes up and I can get her over here somehow...Ticky, you know you and yours are always welcome, dude! Cool
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 01:33

imalittlebeast wrote:
I GOT A SETLIST!
SQUEALLL!
cheers Very Happy

ME TOO!!! SQUEEEEE...oh, wait. You knew that already. Never mind! Laughing

BTW, I'm sending you guys some mints...I know how much you love 'em! Wink
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 07:18

Such kind words - it was an absolute pleasure! You'll have to bring the family next time!

Yay! Elbow mints! Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Space_dementia
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 11:03

ChrissieInFL, I think i was standing right next to and you'r mates that night, just reconised you haha, was a great night.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Muse.Manic
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 00:30

Space_dementia wrote:
ChrissieInFL, I think i was standing right next to and you'r mates that night, just reconised you haha, was a great night.

Cool! And it was amazing, wasn't it? Very Happy

OK, I've seen the faces of sooo many other forumsters in the vids from the MEN gig, but I haven't found myself in any of them so far. I'm too short and was in the wrong spot, I reckon! But looky what I found from the Cardiff show - my Guy handshake moment! It's at about 10 seconds in.You can only see the back of me head, though! But Ticky's daughter is the blonde-haired girl to my left, her son is to my right, and you can see a few nice shots of Ticky herself, too! I finally made the Elbow YouTube Honor Roll! Woooohooo! cheers

Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 07:14

ChrissieInFL wrote:
OK, I've seen the faces of sooo many other forumsters in the vids from the MEN gig, but I haven't found myself in any of them so far. I'm too short and was in the wrong spot, I reckon! But looky what I found from the Cardiff show - my Guy handshake moment! It's at about 10 seconds in.You can only see the back of me head, though! But Ticky's daughter is the blonde-haired girl to my left, her son is to my right, and you can see a few nice shots of Ticky herself, too! I finally made the Elbow YouTube Honor Roll! Woooohooo! cheers

You're famous! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 07:44

It was an amazing gig and a fantastic venue. This was the third time I've been to the C.I.A. (I've forgotten the new name), and they've all been special.
I got to give Guy a kiss! His beard is a lot softer than my husband's.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 09:18

[quote="ChrissieInFL"]
Space_dementia wrote:

Cool! And it was amazing, wasn't it? Very Happy

OK, I've seen the faces of sooo many other forumsters in the vids from the MEN gig, but I haven't found myself in any of them so far. I'm too short and was in the wrong spot, I reckon! But looky what I found from the Cardiff show - my Guy handshake moment! It's at about 10 seconds in.You can only see the back of me head, though! But Ticky's daughter is the blonde-haired girl to my left, her son is to my right, and you can see a few nice shots of Ticky herself, too! I finally made the Elbow YouTube Honor Roll! Woooohooo! cheers quote]

That's fab! I thought I hadn't made it to YouTube this time round!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 10:16

Ticky, remember you were in a bit of emma's clip at the junction.

Chrissie, will look out for your diary/blog of your amazing trip when you've composed it, Its great the way some of these trip arrangements worked out, isn't it?
Did you get to see emma's blog of her trips?
I didn't want to say much at the time, as some of you weren't at Cambridge, or were but weren't able to stay over, and the tour proper hadn't started, but it was such fun taking emma to meet everyone there, to see old friends from gigs before and then to meet Cestrian Saint, Mitchy and the Lippy Kid, and to have that wonderful recording of the night from Andy_landy.
...and I've really enjoyed finding out how other shows were.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 18:55

lucky with disease wrote:
Ticky, remember you were in a bit of emma's clip at the junction.

Chrissie, will look out for your diary/blog of your amazing trip when you've composed it, Its great the way some of these trip arrangements worked out, isn't it?
Did you get to see emma's blog of her trips?

Hi LWD - no, I hadn't seen Emma's blog! I must've missed it - is there a link? I'd love to take a look!
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 18:20

So I'm just catching up with the forum as I've been madly traveling this past month so this is rather late but firstly, it was great to meet you Chrissie and I'm glad you had such a lovely time! And secondly, if you haven't seen it yet, here's the blog I did about my most amazing experience seeing Elbow in Cambridge and meeting fellow Elbow forum members Smile : http://eramsey.tumblr.com/post/3710859177/an-unforgettable-night-with-elbow
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 21:07

Really enjoyed reading that blog Emma. Brought a lot of memories back. I think I would be pretty useless meeting them, I'd be completely starstruck. What a very special night it was especially for you, certainly one to remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cardiff! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff!   Cardiff! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cardiff!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3